#1 Radiodread

Radiodread

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Guild Tag:[War]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

When I bind my hotkeys, I bind them by what feels most natural in combat. This over years has evolved into a key map that is much determined by genre of abilities or their frequency of use. When I bind my keys in GW2, I am able to comfortably setup my hotkeys for 1 weapon at a time, but when I swap weapons I am usually left with keys that run contrary to my play style.

There are a few possible solutions to this:
  • Have 2 sets of hotkeys in the keybindings options. One for your primary weapon setup and another for your secondary.
  • Have a separate set of keybinds for each weapon.
  • Allow players to create new weapon-specific rules on keybinds.

I absolutely love the combat in GW2, and will have a blast playing this game regardless. But I doubt it would be difficult to find thousands of other seasoned MMO players that find this situation moderately frustrating. I think accommodating us in this would go a long way with the community.

#2 Cracken

Cracken

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1893 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

Really? That's just wrong.. You just increase the amount of thought put into the way you execute your actions thus being more unresponsive I think. Why don't just memorize the skill position instead of re-binding everything?

Edited by Cracken, 06 August 2012 - 08:36 PM.

#3 Akaidian

Akaidian

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

^ I would also like to have the ability to rearrange ALL skills into orders I want. You can have nice smooth meaningful combos that way that are easy to execute. As is, I just use my nostromo to macro chains together.

#4 Cracken

Cracken

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1893 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

Then learn to adapt to the combat and don't be lazy.

#5 Akaidian

Akaidian

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

Despite what they want you to believe, not every skill is situational. I'll pretty much always at LEAST bullrush+100b, so I'd like to put those next to each other.

#6 brianrago

brianrago

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:59 PM

Don't worry you will be able to move your skills around.

#7 Akaidian

Akaidian

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

Source!?

#8 Radiodread

Radiodread

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:46 AM

Really? That's just wrong.. You just increase the amount of thought put into the way you execute your actions thus being more unresponsive I think. Why don't just memorize the skill position instead of re-binding everything?

Then learn to adapt to the combat and don't be lazy.

It is actually less thought and much more natural since I've been playing with this method of hotkeys for 7+ years. Its not about being lazy, its about ease of use and comfort.

This would be a good fix. How do you know this info?

#9 Iosys

Iosys

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:33 AM

When I bind my hotkeys, I bind them by what feels most natural in combat. This over years has evolved into a key map that is much determined by genre of abilities or their frequency of use. When I bind my keys in GW2, I am able to comfortably setup my hotkeys for 1 weapon at a time, but when I swap weapons I am usually left with keys that run contrary to my play style.

Well Put! Is there any News on this? I find it irritating to be forced to play like this. Just like you say Keybinds for many of us have to feel right in combat and beeing forced to use the same set for every weapon with so different mechanics just feels clunky and limiting to many of us. You can't even move the skills in slots can you? (I played Beta but not that much, might have missed that option) Also it seems there is only one Keyboard Layout for every Character on your Acc, making this even worse ... please correct me where I am wrong.

#10 Iosys

Iosys

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

Also not beeing able to rebind Mousewheel ... not sure why that is.

#11 Radiodread

Radiodread

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

Well Put! Is there any News on this? I find it irritating to be forced to play like this. Just like you say Keybinds for many of us have to feel right in combat and beeing forced to use the same set for every weapon with so different mechanics just feels clunky and limiting to many of us. You can't even move the skills in slots can you? (I played Beta but not that much, might have missed that option) Also it seems there is only one Keyboard Layout for every Character on your Acc, making this even worse ... please correct me where I am wrong.

Yeah, thats my biggest problem with it: not being able to save keybinds to characters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users