5 replies to this topic

#1 SchurgeMarauder

SchurgeMarauder

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:10 PM

So when I first started reading about this game I was all about the melee Necromancer up until I took part in the stress test that was just prior to BWE3 and found out that the class just wasn't suited for melee. I switched to Warrior and had fun with it during BWE3 and didn't look back... until the last stress test. I once again have the melee Necromancer bug in me and I want to make it work.

I came up with this build shortly after the last stress test and have been continually tweaking it over the past week. It is a Dagger / Dagger build that relies on critical hits for siphoning health to keep me alive as well as to land continual bleeds. It uses Scepter / Warhorn for its second weapon set for more bleeds, kiting, and escaping. It's one weakness is its natural squishiness, but my passive 25% movement speed will help to offset it along with the Necromancers other active defenses (namely Death Shroud and Spectral Armor, as well as the defensive sigils on my second weapon set). This weakness is especially glaring since victory relies on me outlasting my opponent(s).

I'm looking for tips on how to make it better, all I intend to do is PvP (sPvP and WvW) and the fact of the matter is Dagger / Dagger is inferior to every other main weapon set. There is no reason to take it over Axe / Warhorn for close range. I'll be way more viable using my second weapon set in any fight against melee players.

EDIT: Here is the full link for those who don't trust my hyperlink: http://www.gw2build.....0.0.20.0.30.20

Edited by SchurgeMarauder, 07 August 2012 - 07:12 PM.

#2 Mind123

Mind123

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

You might like something like this: http://gw2skills.net...RuikFtqYcxOgpBA

If you like melee with daggers your going to want some wells surrounding you especially well of blood, Life siphon + Well of Blood pulses = amazing heal. To remove conditions you can use Well of Power, Plague Signet or Deathly Swarm. Each well will grant you protection as well as siphon life. Well of Darkness will also provide you with an AoE snare.

Heres a power minion build with MH axe and MH dagger. It gives you +20% damage against targets below 50% health but you are very squishy lol
http://gw2skills.net...QuhkDtEZIyugZBA

Edited by Mind123, 07 August 2012 - 08:07 PM.

#3 SchurgeMarauder

SchurgeMarauder

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:59 AM

Thanks for the additional insight, I hadn't thought to use wells.

#4 Sep

Sep

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 396 posts
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:15 AM

I played a conditionmancer with dagger/dagger, found it to be quite fun.
We built for it differently, but the basic premise of the build is solid I should think.

As a side note.
Well of Power is rather rubbish at condition protection as of last BWE. It removes 1 condition every 2 seconds, with an 8s duration. So that's 1 out of 3 of your utilities for 4 conditions removed every minute. And you have to stay near it to get the whole effect. Meaning other people can lay down aoes on your well to have better chance of hitting you.

#5 SpelignErrir

SpelignErrir

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

Condition with a dagger in the mainhand? Would that work? Dagger mainhand is for leeching health/direct damage...

#6 Verminax

Verminax

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:03 PM

You say 25% passive movement speed buff. I would like to know where you get that from because unless they have changed it in recent days, the necro movement bonuses do not stack. It has been an ongoing complain of necro players.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Necromancer, Melee, Dagger, WvW, sPvP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users