3 replies to this topic

#1 BeastmodeGM

BeastmodeGM

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

I know some people have had a problem with the Thief not having a good support build but check out this build which is very viable in doing just so. Using a Shortbow and the Steal ability combined with the right traits you can be extremely helpful while still doing some nice AoE damage. Granted you will not be taking many people out one on one but that is not what support is about anyway.

Thief Support Build

Let me know what you think and if there are any changes that should be made to help make this build stronger. Thanks.

#2 Rhomulos

Rhomulos

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

View PostBeastmodeGM, on 08 August 2012 - 05:22 PM, said:

I know some people have had a problem with the Thief not having a good support build but check out this build which is very viable in doing just so. Using a Shortbow and the Steal ability combined with the right traits you can be extremely helpful while still doing some nice AoE damage. Granted you will not be taking many people out one on one but that is not what support is about anyway.

Thief Support Build

Let me know what you think and if there are any changes that should be made to help make this build stronger. Thanks.

D/D isn't very good support.  P/P or D/P would work much better, head shot is too valuable to give up, it can make or break a fight a lot of the times.  Also, putting black powder down on a CC'd ally can save them from a burst easily.  Or putting it down near an ally that you think is going to get bursted and then shooting through it.  You could also do black powder > heart seeker > switch to SB > stealth skill for the immob

#3 BeastmodeGM

BeastmodeGM

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

View PostRhomulos, on 09 August 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

D/D isn't very good support.  P/P or D/P would work much better, head shot is too valuable to give up, it can make or break a fight a lot of the times.  Also, putting black powder down on a CC'd ally can save them from a burst easily.  Or putting it down near an ally that you think is going to get bursted and then shooting through it.  You could also do black powder > heart seeker > switch to SB > stealth skill for the immob

thanks for the feedback. I will definitely check out your suggestions come release and update my build.

#4 Rhomulos

Rhomulos

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:27 AM

View PostBeastmodeGM, on 13 August 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

thanks for the feedback. I will definitely check out your suggestions come release and update my build.

No problem, I'm interested in making my own support build for thief as well.  A support thief sounds more fun than any other build or profession in my tastes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thief, support, shortbow, boons, build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users