7 replies to this topic

#1 Enigmatic

Enigmatic

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

Disregard this question if it has already been answered, but I have looked around and can't find it anywhere. I have used the search function on this website to no avail, and I have checked the wiki.

Does anyone know how long the absence is of resource nodes once they have been harvested? Is it dependant on the type of node etc? For example, does a tree take longer to grow back than a plant? Or, more specifically, do types of plant take longer than others? Or does it depend on the number of people on a server? Or do we simply not yet know?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Edited by Enigmatic, 09 August 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#2 Perval

Perval

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

I'm honestly not sure.  Based on my own experiences farming the nodes in the Charr starter zone, they seem to have the same respawn timers.  It felt like something around 15 minutes, but I wasn't watching a clock.  Then the ultra rare mining nodes (which are only found in specific locations and allow x10 harvests from the node) seem to have a respawn timer measured in hours.

#3 Sheepski

Sheepski

Seraph Guardian

• Moderators
  • 1240 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

No one knows for sure, but it isn't that long. Numerous people have noted, including myself, that we've been able to farm the same node 30-60 mins after farming the first time. This was just in the lower areas so it may differ later on. There are also actual farms of a certain type of food (found a carrot farm last BWE) which have a 24h cooldown, confirmed by RB.

Don't think there's any difference between the type of node/plant/tree etc, at least at the same level/area.

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!

#4 hutsefukehrs

hutsefukehrs

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

Resources are available for all players, no first come first served. Means many players could harvest the same resource. Not sure about respawn rates but i guess there are some randomization and other smart routines build in.

#5 Enigmatic

Enigmatic

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:05 PM

Thanks for the replies. I suspected that we wouldn't fully know yet, but from the sounds of things there will be different cool-downs on certain nodes. I guess we shall have to wait 'til launch to know the full details.

View PostPerval, on 09 August 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

Then the ultra rare mining nodes (which are only found in specific locations and allow x10 harvests from the node) seem to have a respawn timer measured in hours.

That's interesting, I didn't know about rare nodes. The fact that they have a limited number of harvests allowed keeps the prices high and stops people from over-harvesting them I suppose.

Edited by Enigmatic, 09 August 2012 - 03:07 PM.

#6 Perval

Perval

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

View PostEnigmatic, on 09 August 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

That's interesting, I didn't know about rare nodes. The fact that they have a limited number of harvests allowed keeps the prices high and stops people from over-harvesting them I suppose.

I found one in the Charr 1-15 starter zone and one in the Charr 15-25 zone.  They seem to be found in an area that is set away from one of the general paths.  You'll find these areas around the mobs that are at the level cap for your chosen zone.  (In my examples, the mobs were around 14th and 24th.)  Basically you'll have to hack 'n slash your ways through hordes of mobs that occupy the winding passage through a mountainous wall.  Then once you reach the larger area with the node, there will be a large group of mobs that you much quickly kill before they cut you down.

All things considered, it's usually easiest if you're clearing the area with at least 2 people.  Then you can both mine the rare node.  However that can also be a pain since they take so long to respawn.  Come to think of it...  They may have a 24 hr respawn timer like the official "farm" areas do for the Gathering skill.  Once I harvested one of those nodes, I only found them active again on the following Beta Weekend day.

#7 tey_game

tey_game

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

View Posthutsefukehrs, on 09 August 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

Resources are available for all players, no first come first served. Means many players could harvest the same resource. Not sure about respawn rates but i guess there are some randomization and other smart routines build in.
I'm curious if this is per account or per toon. If I run toon A through Queensdale and harvest a bunch of copper ore, can I then log in to toon B and do the same thing, or will they be gone because my account has already harvested them?

#8 Struckd

Struckd

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Phi]

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:58 PM

the exact time is unknown, what is known is that it is quite quick. If your looking to farm, i am sure you can make a circuit of like 15 nodes and the first is refreshed by the time you mined number 14.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resource, node, nodes

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users