4 replies to this topic

#1 misterOG

misterOG

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

Quick question for everyone..

What do you think of how the Charr males stand on two feet/swing weapons/stance? I really love the run on all fours, but when they assume a regular standing position their back really bothers me. I've got this new affinity for Charr and their whole backstory, so I want to play one.. do you ever think ANet will change the composition of their bodies?

Becuase right now, I don't think I could stand to look at a hump-back Charr for a long time :(

#2 Lazmira

Lazmira

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

Uh...I don't even think I can find this a problem... I can't even understand how this is a problem... xD! Tell me what bothers you about their stance?

I actually love the way they look, they remind me of beast from beauty and the beast. Are you wanting them to be on all fours all the time? Or evne more slouched? Or awkwardly standing straight like a human? <---- doesn't work anatomically if we're going realistic on this which I believe what the concept artists were going for.

#3 Xiondar

Xiondar

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LL]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

Well... they don't look like worgen; that's for sure. Aside from that, the way they look is based off the same style in GW1, so it wouldn't make sense to change them (Not to mention the amount of resources that would be wasted on it.)

#4 KodakMoment

KodakMoment

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:30 PM

Wiat you're complaining charr don't stand straight and tall like a tree? Charr aren't human last time i checked

#5 Zephire

Zephire

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

It's highly, highly doubtful Arenanet will change the posture of friendly charr. This is partly because GW2's charr are based off of the ranger charr in GW1, partly because standing upright was what distinguished Flame Legion shaman from the others (which I think they kept in GW2 to a degree), and partly because the charr's anatomy does not allow them to stand upright comfortably without impacting their ability to fight. Plus charr are top-heavy as it is and hunched down lowers their centre of gravity as well as protects their belly from most attacks -- if they stood upright without losing a lot of their upper body weight, their centre of gravity would be such that one strong attack would knock them off balance.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: charr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users