Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Petite art corner [BlackVanillaTea]


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 TofuTactics

TofuTactics

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • Location:Sweden
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[DAWN]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:15 AM

Greetings!

Since I’ve been anxiously waiting for launch I couldn’t resist making a few GW2 related art pieces over the year. Figured I’d post them here as well (been a guru-lurker a couple of years back) should they appeal to people. Whether you like or dislike, you’re most welcome to leave insightful criticism that can help me improve further. If you’re curious about some other traditional work I’ve uploaded so far you’re welcome to visit blackvanillatea.deviantart.com. I plan to make more GW2 art, and if I’m happy with the outcome I’ll upload them as well.

That is it. See you in-game! <3


UPDATE: Occasionally I happen to finish a drawing, and occasionally it happens to be related to the game universe. I'll post these below for as long as the game continue to provide some measure of inspiration.

Mercenary Priestess (11/8 2013)
http://blackvanillat...enary-priestess

-----------------------
ARCHIVE - OLD ART (18/2 2012 - 4/5 2013)

Edited by TofuTactics, 11 August 2013 - 12:48 AM.


#2 Merryem

Merryem

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

Wooooow definitely amazing OwO
the sylvari warrior looks like she has some kind of awful skin disease though :C

I absolutely love the Knight of Frenzy. Also, do you take any kinds of requests?

#3 Doctor Overlord

Doctor Overlord

    If you hate MMOs....

  • Members
  • 5188 posts
  • Location:Austin, TX
  • Guild Tag:[MOA]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

Very neat artwork!   That knight looks like a good Nightmare Court villain.  

(Post more stuff in Library if you get the chance.  You can post non-GW2 art here as well if you like.)

#4 Asylums

Asylums

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 89 posts
  • Location:England
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

That Asura is bloody brilliant!

#5 TofuTactics

TofuTactics

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • Location:Sweden
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[DAWN]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

Thank you every one for your kind words! Very happy you found something you liked :D

View PostMerryem, on 10 August 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

Wooooow definitely amazing OwO
the sylvari warrior looks like she has some kind of awful skin disease though :C

I absolutely love the Knight of Frenzy. Also, do you take any kinds of requests?
It does look off. Could’ve maybe been fixed by high lighting parts with different colour tones and adding more leafy structures, just to give it depth and not make the veins so dominating. Organic designs like these are hard, and still having trouble with it.

Surprisingly enough, you’re not the first to ask about requests recently. It depends on what you are about to suggest. If it stirs my interest then sure, I could give it try!

View PostDoctor Overlord, on 10 August 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

Very neat artwork!   That knight looks like a good Nightmare Court villain.  

(Post more stuff in Library if you get the chance.  You can post non-GW2 art here as well if you like.)
That was the aim I hoped for, glad to hear it!

Yeah, though I decided to keep the posts here GW related, or at least having them belong to the fantasy genre. Thanks anyway. It’s cool the opportunity exist.

#6 Merryem

Merryem

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:52 AM

View PostSera, on 10 August 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

Thank you every one for your kind words! Very happy you found something you liked :D


It does look off. Could’ve maybe been fixed by high lighting parts with different colour tones and adding more leafy structures, just to give it depth and not make the veins so dominating. Organic designs like these are hard, and still having trouble with it.

Surprisingly enough, you’re not the first to ask about requests recently. It depends on what you are about to suggest. If it stirs my interest then sure, I could give it try!


Cool :D

I'd love for you to draw a Mesmer, any kind of Mesmer, The deception, the concept, I find them all very cool. If it's not too much trouble :)

#7 actionjack

actionjack

    Vigil Crusader

  • Members
  • 3659 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

The style is pretty unique.
I especially like the framing and composition.   Also amazing coloring work too.
Can I make request... ?

#8 TofuTactics

TofuTactics

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • Location:Sweden
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[DAWN]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

View PostMerryem, on 11 August 2012 - 12:52 AM, said:

I'd love for you to draw a Mesmer, any kind of Mesmer, The deception, the concept, I find them all very cool. If it's not too much trouble :)
Well, you gave me quite a lot of freedom to experiment here so why not! ^_^ I'll see what I can do. Note however that I'm often very busy with my work and other events so it may take a little while. I'll try to work on it as soon as possible! Already have an idea of a new art style I wanna try for it.

View Postactionjack, on 11 August 2012 - 12:53 AM, said:

The style is pretty unique.
I especially like the framing and composition.   Also amazing coloring work too.
Can I make request... ?
It warms to hear that. I'm happy that you like what you see!

Sure, depending on what you had in mind. What is your request? Like stated above, be aware that it may take some time, likely numbered in weeks.

#9 actionjack

actionjack

    Vigil Crusader

  • Members
  • 3659 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

View PostSera, on 11 August 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:


It warms to hear that. I'm happy that you like what you see!

Sure, depending on what you had in mind. What is your request? Like stated above, be aware that it may take some time, likely numbered in weeks.

I will sent you a sketch.. and you make it purrrrty?

#10 Merryem

Merryem

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:15 AM

View PostSera, on 11 August 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

Well, you gave me quite a lot of freedom to experiment here so why not! ^_^ I'll see what I can do. Note however that I'm often very busy with my work and other events so it may take a little while. I'll try to work on it as soon as possible! Already have an idea of a new art style I wanna try for it.


Awesome, can't wait! /stalk

#11 TofuTactics

TofuTactics

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • Location:Sweden
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[DAWN]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:40 AM

View Postactionjack, on 11 August 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

I will sent you a sketch.. and you make it purrrrty?
Did you send the sketch yet? If so, I haven't recieved it. I'm very curious to see it ^_^

#12 Doctor Overlord

Doctor Overlord

    If you hate MMOs....

  • Members
  • 5188 posts
  • Location:Austin, TX
  • Guild Tag:[MOA]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:24 PM

View PostSera, on 12 August 2012 - 11:40 AM, said:

Did you send the sketch yet? If so, I haven't recieved it. I'm very curious to see it ^_^
I'm curious too, and knowing AJ cautious as well :)

#13 TofuTactics

TofuTactics

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • Location:Sweden
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[DAWN]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

View PostMerryem, on 12 August 2012 - 12:15 AM, said:

Awesome, can't wait! /stalk
Woah, i did make you wait, didn't I...

http://blackvanillat...t-GW2-333003151

I’m so sorry for taking this long to finish your request! Life’s been demanding. I really didn’t capture the classic essence of what makes a mesmer, though if we ask the Courtiers they’ve never been vividly ostentatious about what they can do. And it’s a deception of its own ;)

Feel free to give criticism on what you like and what could’ve been done differently.

#14 Doctor Overlord

Doctor Overlord

    If you hate MMOs....

  • Members
  • 5188 posts
  • Location:Austin, TX
  • Guild Tag:[MOA]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

Very cool request pic!   You really capture the organic/plant look of the sylvari and their gear down well so they blend together.

I know what it's like to be delayed on a piece of art you've promised to do  :huh:

#15 TofuTactics

TofuTactics

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • Location:Sweden
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[DAWN]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

Another request connected to the GW2 universe is now done. Took its sweet time. On to the next!
http://blackvanillat...t-GW2-336020068

(Hmm.. dA seems a bit buggy right now so hopefully the link will take you to the correct image)

View PostDoctor Overlord, on 18 October 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

Very cool request pic!   You really capture the organic/plant look of the sylvari and their gear down well so they blend together.

I know what it's like to be delayed on a piece of art you've promised to do  :huh:
Thank you. Still haven't nailed their organic appearance in a way i can satisfied with, but it's better than previous attempts.

Yeah, so I always give a fair warning that it may take a while. Still have a couple of birthday gifts that has been on the list for a couple of months, half a year... a year... more... :P

Edited by Sera, 04 November 2012 - 04:26 PM.


#16 Hugeli

Hugeli

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

Digging the style! Looks awesome c:

#17 Viatrix

Viatrix

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 96 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EON]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

Amazing details and lines. I also love the concept! It's a very different style/take on the GW universe.

#18 TofuTactics

TofuTactics

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • Location:Sweden
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[DAWN]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Nice to hear!

View PostViatrix, on 16 November 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

Amazing details and lines. I also love the concept! It's a very different style/take on the GW universe.
People keep mentioning that, no matter what universe i make tribute to, and I can't really grasp why. I find most gw2 fan art, at least, to carry their very own distinct style. *shrug*

I have briefly checked out your dA. I'll take time soon enough to delve a bit deeper and leave a mark as well ^_^

#19 Viatrix

Viatrix

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 96 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EON]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostSera, on 29 November 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

Nice to hear!


People keep mentioning that, no matter what universe i make tribute to, and I can't really grasp why. I find most gw2 fan art, at least, to carry their very own distinct style. *shrug*

I have briefly checked out your dA. I'll take time soon enough to delve a bit deeper and leave a mark as well ^_^

Well how do I describe this, they look like illustrations from an old school book (you know, the ones you find in between chapters). It's got a unique charm/character to it. Inking is also one of my weak spots and it blows my mind when someone can make a fully complete and beautiful art just in black and white.

And thanks for checking out my DA Page ^_______^

#20 TofuTactics

TofuTactics

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • Location:Sweden
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[DAWN]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

View PostViatrix, on 29 November 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:

Well how do I describe this, they look like illustrations from an old school book (you know, the ones you find in between chapters). It's got a unique charm/character to it. Inking is also one of my weak spots and it blows my mind when someone can make a fully complete and beautiful art just in black and white.

And thanks for checking out my DA Page ^_______^

And thank you for the watch! Now I really have to hurry up and give your gallery a more closer visit for more goodies. =P

Hmm, I never thought of them as such but it’s a nice insight to hear. Old books always have a charm to them. Thanks for your input! Ink is a grateful medium to work with since I don’t have to deal with colours, They’re troublesome, but I have to get past that fear soon. The piece I finished for the advent calendar was the first serious step out of the monochrome, which I hope to pursue more from now on.

#21 TofuTactics

TofuTactics

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • Location:Sweden
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[DAWN]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

Long time no see. I'm not a very good stalker when it comes to these forums, which is unfortunate. Being involved on other gw2 community sites tends to eat time.

Nevertheless. I finished a new piece of game-related art. Hope you'll like it.


Aurora Glade Vanguard

Posted Image

http://blackvanillat...d-GW2-369478055

#22 Aero

Aero

    Your Mum

  • Moderators
  • 408 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Bone]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

Love it.  The colouring id great and the expression is priceless.  Because I am a Garfield fan I tend to think 'Mr Chainsaw' should be etched in the middle.   Also isthat an efficient way to wield a chainsaw?

Anita Sarkeesian at TEDxWomen 2012


Moderation related questions, or any query just contact me here

(I won’t do your maths homework!)


#23 TofuTactics

TofuTactics

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • Location:Sweden
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[DAWN]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

Nope, so we'll blame the dev who'd designed the weapon skin.

Glad you like it :)

#24 actionjack

actionjack

    Vigil Crusader

  • Members
  • 3659 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:01 AM

Voom voom voom...

Is it water color?  Like real water color?

#25 TofuTactics

TofuTactics

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • Location:Sweden
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[DAWN]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

View Postactionjack, on 09 May 2013 - 01:01 AM, said:

Voom voom voom...

Is it water color?  Like real water color?
Love the sound it makes when on stand-by :)

Yes the background was made with watercolours (and not aquarelle pencils this time). The character with markers + ink + colour pencils.

#26 TofuTactics

TofuTactics

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • Location:Sweden
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[DAWN]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:55 AM

Mercenary Priestess. My main, an asura guardian.

Posted Image
Medium/Tools: Indian ink + steel nib pen/brush, watercolours + brush. A4 (extra white, bleed proof) marker paper.

Tumblr post (with sketch) http://blackvanillat...enary-priestess

#27 Aero

Aero

    Your Mum

  • Moderators
  • 408 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Bone]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

Tofu, that is really nice.  I love this style.

I would really like to see more like this.

Anita Sarkeesian at TEDxWomen 2012


Moderation related questions, or any query just contact me here

(I won’t do your maths homework!)


#28 Doctor Overlord

Doctor Overlord

    If you hate MMOs....

  • Members
  • 5188 posts
  • Location:Austin, TX
  • Guild Tag:[MOA]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

Neat character concept.   Good pieces of art make you think about background of the character in them and this one certainly does that!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users