32 replies to this topic

#1 malikq86

malikq86

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:13 AM

Hey Guys,

Not sure if this is the right section of forums...but I being a very old school GW1 player from back in the day of release - was thinking to myself:

I wonder what those elite "old-school" guilds from GW1 are doing now a days? Now as far as I remember, there were 5 guilds that really stood out to me.

Top 5 "Elite" GW1 Guilds from Memory

- War Machine [WM]
- The Last Pride [EVIL]  
- Team Quitters [QQ]
- Idiot Savants [iQ]
- Esoteric Warriors [EW]

I found WM and EVIL...so besides them, I am just wondering if anyone knows what happened to QQ, iQ, and EW...did they disband? or are they planning on playing GW2? Anyone know?

Just wondering.  :P

Thanks.

PS:  Bring Back The Rifts [Rift] was also a great guild at that time.

Edited by malikq86, 11 August 2012 - 04:41 AM.

#2 thispanda

thispanda

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

There's a few people from each of those guilds who will be playing the game.

#3 Siric

Siric

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

View Postarticulateresponse, on 11 August 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

There's a few people from each of those guilds who will be playing the game.

Yeah.... no.

Most of the QQ, iQ, and EW players either "grew up" and wont have time for competitive gaming or they have openly spoken out against Gw2 and how it deviates from Gw1. WM and EviL are in similar boats, though some of them did make a showing against the devs; who knows how seriously they will be able to play.

The thing to remember is most of these Gw1 pros were in their 20's and in college/university during GWFC, that was 6? 7? Years ago? Times change and teams don't stick together for that long in most cases. I doubt you will be seeing many of the good old boys from prophecies and factions back in Gw2, you might see some of the players from NF and GWEN but even that seems to be slim pickings.

The only known Gw1 players I have seen thus far coming back as a team would be MH and several others who came together to make TL (euro).

#4 Samy

Samy

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

Almost my entire FL from oldschool GW1 is dead and the few that do make an appearance from time to time have either (as Siric said) decided not to play GW2 or are in Team Legacy. Afraid that most of the half decent teams from GW1, even the semi-newage ones are split up / only 1-2 members are planning to play it. Don't even think [rawr] are planning on playing it, chop chop is too into LoL.

Basically, you won't see many of them again :P

#5 thispanda

thispanda

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

View PostSiric, on 11 August 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

Yeah.... no.

Most of the QQ, iQ, and EW players either "grew up" and wont have time for competitive gaming or they have openly spoken out against Gw2 and how it deviates from Gw1. WM and EviL are in similar boats, though some of them did make a showing against the devs; who knows how seriously they will be able to play.

The thing to remember is most of these Gw1 pros were in their 20's and in college/university during GWFC, that was 6? 7? Years ago? Times change and teams don't stick together for that long in most cases. I doubt you will be seeing many of the good old boys from prophecies and factions back in Gw2, you might see some of the players from NF and GWEN but even that seems to be slim pickings.

The only known Gw1 players I have seen thus far coming back as a team would be MH and several others who came together to make TL (euro).

I'm not too familiar with the people from QQ, iQ and EW. I have spoken to a couple of people from those guilds and I just got the impression that some might play, my bad, sorry for the confusion.

In regards to WM, I'm not sure where you're getting that information from but it's not correct. A lot of us are really excited for the game.

#6 Siric

Siric

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

View Postarticulateresponse, on 11 August 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

I'm not too familiar with the people from QQ, iQ and EW. I have spoken to a couple of people from those guilds and I just got the impression that some might play, my bad, sorry for the confusion.

In regards to WM, I'm not sure where you're getting that information from but it's not correct. A lot of us are really excited for the game.

Are you one of the guys who hung out in WM after it was sold leeching the cape? I'm pretty sure any old actual real WM player would know QQ and EW both quite well. The REAL WM made a partial appearance at the NCsoft convention in Korea but I seriously doubt they will make much of a splash in Gw2, not because they were not good enough, but because most of them were the same age if not older than EW and iQ members. WM members had to fulfill their korean army obligation and have most likely moved on with their lives quite a bit, tends to happen over 6 years time.

Also, WM members didn't speak 1 lick of English and koreans avoid foreign forums like the plauge.  How was leeching that gold trim? Did it cost you a lot of ecto?

Edited by Siric, 11 August 2012 - 07:02 PM.

#7 thispanda

thispanda

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

View PostSiric, on 11 August 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

Are you one of the guys who hung out in WM after it was sold leeching the cape? I'm pretty sure any old actual real WM player would know QQ and EW both quite well. The REAL WM made a partial appearance at the NCsoft convention in Korea but I seriously doubt they will make much of a splash in Gw2, not because they were not good enough, but because most of them were the same age if not older than EW and iQ members. WM members had to fulfill their korean army obligation and have most likely moved on with their lives quite a bit, tends to happen over 6 years time.

Also, WM members didn't speak 1 lick of English and koreans avoid foreign forums like the plauge.  How was leeching that gold trim? Did it cost you a lot of ecto?
I'm not sure where you're getting this information from; with respect, you're confused. Please read this
http://www.warmachin...php?mid=g_menu2
http://i.imgur.com/fBJ08.jpg
I'm not interested in your questions, though your post is funny--I've liked it.

Edited by articulateresponse, 11 August 2012 - 07:29 PM.

#8 Siric

Siric

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:33 PM

So a bunch of people who leeched WMs cape in Gw1 made the guild in Gw2... big surprise.

That korean site doesn't prove anything either other than that WM is a gaming community. Has nothing to do with being of the original 8 that dominated Gw1.

#9 thispanda

thispanda

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

View PostSiric, on 11 August 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

So a bunch of people who leeched WMs cape in Gw1 made the guild in Gw2... big surprise.

That korean site doesn't prove anything either other than that WM is a gaming community. Has nothing to do with being of the original 8 that dominated Gw1.

You do not know what you are talking about, sorry.

#10 starry101

starry101

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

Zrave from IQ streams regularly on twitch (mostly Diablo 3), you can often hear him talking to other IQ members in vent. He says he is going to play GW2 with some other IQ members. You can always pop over to his stream and ask him, he's very good at talking to his viewers.

#11 Jackiepro

Jackiepro

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 260 posts
  • Guild Tag:[VoTF]

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:07 PM

View PostSiric, on 11 August 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

Sorry siric, but WM and evil actually are playing gw2, and by that I do mean danjang, last of master, bloodlight etc (read: core players). You will also see other top gw1 guilds playing, whether with a lot of dedication or not is yet to be seen but TL and MH are by no means the only top gw1 guilds.

#12 malikq86

malikq86

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

eks! was just wondering. didn't mean to turn this into an argument for you guys. sorry. anyways, thanks for the info in the thread so far.

Edited by malikq86, 11 August 2012 - 08:17 PM.

#13 Siric

Siric

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

View PostJackiepro, on 11 August 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

Sorry siric, but WM and evil actually are playing gw2, and by that I do mean danjang, last of master, bloodlight etc (read: core players). You will also see other top gw1 guilds playing, whether with a lot of dedication or not is yet to be seen but TL and MH are by no means the only top gw1 guilds.

Didn't know anything about EvIL, and WM did make that appearance at the korean conference, but yes as I said in my first post: who knows what dedication they will be bringing. TL and MH are the only ones that have made any form of showing as of yet, I know part of iQ was at one point interested and that there are likely to be other players here and there but not many full teams made the switch over.

#14 thispanda

thispanda

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

View Postmalikq86, on 11 August 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

eks! was just wondering. didn't mean to turn this into an argument for you guys. sorry. anyways, that's for the info in the thread so far.

It's not your fault, don't worry. If you'd like me to invite you along to play wvw, that's fine. I really don't know why Siric has flamed me, I linked him plenty of information.

Edited by articulateresponse, 11 August 2012 - 08:13 PM.

#15 malikq86

malikq86

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

View Poststarry101, on 11 August 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

Zrave from IQ streams regularly on twitch (mostly Diablo 3), you can often hear him talking to other IQ members in vent. He says he is going to play GW2 with some other IQ members. You can always pop over to his stream and ask him, he's very good at talking to his viewers.

Interesting. are they still making a iQ guild? any idea what server they are going to?  just curious.

It good to see them still around in GW2.

View Postarticulateresponse, on 11 August 2012 - 08:12 PM, said:

It's not your fault, don't worry. If you'd like me to invite you along to play wvw, that's fine.

O we'll meet each other, for sure, in the near future. I'm on the IRC/TS with you guys. :D

Edited by malikq86, 11 August 2012 - 08:18 PM.

#16 thispanda

thispanda

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

Cool. I've sent a PM to you to avoid more flame.

Edited by articulateresponse, 11 August 2012 - 08:21 PM.

#17 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3314 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

View Postmalikq86, on 11 August 2012 - 04:13 AM, said:

Hey Guys,

Not sure if this is the right section of forums...but I being a very old school GW1 player from back in the day of release - was thinking to myself:

I wonder what those elite "old-school" guilds from GW1 are doing now a days? Now as far as I remember, there were 5 guilds that really stood out to me.

Top 5 "Elite" GW1 Guilds from Memory

- War Machine [WM]
- The Last Pride [EVIL]  
- Team Quitters [QQ]
- Idiot Savants [iQ]
- Esoteric Warriors [EW]

I found WM and EVIL...so besides them, I am just wondering if anyone knows what happened to QQ, iQ, and EW...did they disband? or are they planning on playing GW2? Anyone know?

Just wondering.  :P

Thanks.

PS:  Bring Back The Rifts [Rift] was also a great guild at that time.

You forgot [rawr] who are like the best guild ever in GW1 history ^^

#18 malikq86

malikq86

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

View Postarticulateresponse, on 11 August 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

Cool. I've sent a PM to you to avoid more flame.

lol. Thanks.

#19 malikq86

malikq86

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

View PostGilles VI, on 11 August 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

You forgot [rawr] who are like the best guild ever in GW1 history ^^

O yes, they were very good. There were actually about 10 really good guilds...but I can't remember them all. lol

#20 tobi

tobi

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

Some of Virtual Dragons' core roster is going to play GW2.

#21 ICESpider

ICESpider

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Now that things have had a bit of time to settle. Has there been a resurgences for GW1 guilds in GW2?

#22 deluxe

deluxe

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

View PostICESpider, on 20 February 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

Now that things have had a bit of time to settle. Has there been a resurgences for GW1 guilds in GW2?
Nope, it's the other way around. The GW1 PvP guilds have pretty much all abandoned this game.
I don't know anyone that still plays GW2.

Edited by deluxe, 20 February 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#23 ICESpider

ICESpider

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

View Postdeluxe, on 20 February 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

Nope, it's the other way around. The GW1 PvP guilds have pretty much all abandoned this game.
I don't know anyone that still plays GW2.
Shame, I so hoped for the last 5 years that when this was released it would fill the gap left by the original and even take those ideas further. I wont go over it again as from what I have been reading it is a tender subject.

#24 Mac Maritimus

Mac Maritimus

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

Top five teams and no Rebel Rising [rawr]?

Personally I think them where nr.1

Anyone seen these guys around, I've seen a few tags with [rawr] but its propably just copycats.

Edited by Mac Maritimus, 21 February 2013 - 01:00 PM.

#25 JaxSilven

JaxSilven

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Guild Tag:[nD]
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

View PostMac Maritimus, on 21 February 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

Top five teams and no Rebel Rising [rawr]?

Personally I think them where nr.1

Anyone seen these guys around, I've seen a few tags with [rawr] but its propably just copycats.

Top 5 teams before rawrs existence iQ even had awowa, they didnt exist at the very start. And no rawr don't play gw2, most of them play LoL.

#26 IDarko

IDarko

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5486 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Dius]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

I played against EW in GW2 (iirc) about 2 months ago. We were surprised and asked them. Apparently only one of their team members was part of the old guild from back in the days. I'm not sure if they are still playing by now.

Edited by IDarko, 23 February 2013 - 05:00 PM.

#27 turbo234

turbo234

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1039 posts
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

View Posttobi, on 11 August 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

Some of Virtual Dragons' core roster is going to play GW2.

That's nice to hear because they were my favorite guild to watch. Makes me nostalgic thinking of all the guilds that came and went through the years.

#28 ICESpider

ICESpider

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

View Postturbo234, on 23 February 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

That's nice to hear because they were my favorite guild to watch. Makes me nostalgic thinking of all the guilds that came and went through the years.
There is actually a video of that includes them in GW2 on this forum: http://www.guildwars...irtual-dragons/

That post is old though and I am not sure if they are still playing.

Edited by ICESpider, 23 February 2013 - 05:29 PM.

#29 El Duderino

El Duderino

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2294 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DuDE]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

I find it funny that so many people gripe about the PvP scene in GW1, yet all of these top guilds are PvP guilds.

Edited by El Duderino, 23 February 2013 - 05:31 PM.

#30 geist burdill

geist burdill

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

I played against Virtual Dragons a few times in the start of the game, in tournys, but i stopped playing TPVP as soon as i got my wolf emote, which was 7/8 weeks after launch; i then played more recently a few games in payds, but never ever got to see them again. Im confident they abandoned it, coz the games i managed to play against them i was literally stomped, they were very good, on the same lvl as Team Paradigm, Super Squad, etc. (which i played against too). I never saw them again, not in streams, etc., so i think they are gone, but not 100% sure, of course. In the start, when qualifier points were released, i saw rotten, fretty, and a couple more known names in the QP list, but then i stopped seeing them in the list, guess they abandoned it as well. old GW1 players dislike this pvp. And I, albeit not being a pro GW1 player, also disliked TPVP after a while, i now only play WWW, which i think is far more entertaining than TPVP. And more adult, btw.

Edited by geist burdill, 23 February 2013 - 05:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users