4 replies to this topic

#1 Quade2tm

Quade2tm

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

Hi all!

I've been trying to decide which crafting disciplines to start with at game launch. I plan to play as an Elementalist.
I think Artificer sounds pretty interesting. I have a question about potions though, which i hoped some of you knew about. :-)

By searching the web, the best list of possible potions to craft that i was able to find was this from the official wiki: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Potion

As far as i can see almost all of the potions on the list are potions that increase your damage with 3%/5% against a certain kind of enemy for some time.

My question to you is. Does anyone at this point know if the only kind of potions that Artificer's will be able to make, are this kind of increase damage against X enemy. Or do you think/happen to know if this is just a preliminary list because the game isn't released yet.

Because i would love to see a bit more variety in the types of potions to make. :-)

Edited by Quade2tm, 12 August 2012 - 09:26 AM.

#2 Vorsakan

Vorsakan

Storm Chaser

• Site Contributors
  • 3027 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

View PostQuade2tm, on 12 August 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

Hi all!

I've been trying to decide which crafting disciplines to start with at game launch. I plan to play as an Elementalist.
I think Artificer sounds pretty interesting. I have a question about potions though, which i hoped some of you knew about. :-)

By searching the web, the best list of possible potions to craft that i was able to find was this from the official wiki: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Potion

As far as i can see almost all of the potions on the list are potions that increase your damage with 3%/5% against a certain kind of enemy for some time.

My question to you is. Does anyone at this point know if the only kind of potions that Artificer's will be able to make, are this kind of increase damage against X enemy. Or do you think/happen to know if this is just a preliminary list because the game isn't released yet.

Because i would love to see a bit more variety in the types of potions to make. :-)

Well; besides the fact that list already shows there are other combat buffs (critical life steals, defense below 50% health), the GW2DB database update Guru posted a few days ago show the artificer as having morph potions also.

Grawl Snowman Potion You become a grawl snowman for 5 minutes.

I think having slaying potions, combat buffs & cosmetic potions is quite enough for a trade skill that already makes all the lovely caster weapons. :)

It looks like every weapon crafting skill also has sigils that the other craft skills don't - maybe even some that don't drop in PvE?! - so it offers quite a lot even to professions who don't use caster weapons.

#3 Sonoris

Sonoris

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Guild Tag:[VS]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

I'm sure there might be more. We have a very tiny view of how crafting will be post-release right now.

#4 XgreatArtist

XgreatArtist

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1496 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:49 AM

Besides those potions are lv 25 required in artificing. Where are the lv 25+?
Certainly there will be more. So maybe you can get the poison you want :D

Zhaitan Poison: Kills Zhaitan in 1 second

#5 Quade2tm

Quade2tm

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

Cool, thanks for your replies guys. :)

And yeah it sounds like the range of different potions is going to be just fine, with some different combat potions and even some morph potions, considering the Artificer discipline offers a lot of other things to craft too.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users