Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 85 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Guild Tag:[Old]
  • Server:Ring of Fire

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

I've been holding off posting this as I know Anet are still working on things before launch but I've got that niggling feeling. Up until now I've seen loads of threads regarding graphical problems, mostly pertaining to missing scenery, black screens, BSOD, crashes etc but I've yet to see anything similar to the problem I have, so I'm getting a little worried that the problem is PEBKAC as I'm a complete pleb when it comes to hardware, software, ok pretty much anything technical :unsure:
One problem is this:

Posted Image

Sylvari skin and hair seem to "bleed" the luminescence colour I choose. This is constant and continues in-game regardless of a client restart.

The second issue is dyes:

Posted Image

My Norn had pink armour, but I changed it to green. When I zoomed out it was still pink, as I zoomed in I got the above image. Once I had fully zoomed in, it was the green I had changed it to. I was able to "fix" it by re-logging but I would prefer not to have to do that every time I change dyes ;) .

All BWEs and stress tests have been fine up until Thursday 9th. Friday and tonight's stress tests have not improved it. I know that these tests are not reflective of final release but I also know that Anet are now doing their CPU/GPU optimisation so I'm a little worried my system is past it's use-by date. Being a bit of a lurker rather than a poster, I figure my PC specs might be relevant, bearing in mind this is an old PC and, even though I upgraded the GPU a good while ago, it's still a dinosaur:

Intel Core2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz
Intel DG45ID Motherboard
8GB DDR2 PC2-5300
Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 1GB

I've been running the BWEs and stress tests at 1920x1080 and almost at max gfx (shadows low; shader med) but still maintaining a 30-ish FPS and I'm ok with that, this is just a little annoying as it's never been a problem before. My Nvidia drivers are also up to date, though I did hold off on the last update as I read it was causing problems.

Sorry for the wall of text but any insight or step for a hint would be very much appreciated.

#2 Lohnerr

Lohnerr

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

I believe this is a known problem. Seems theres some trouble with the rendering engine that is producing some graphical glitches like terrain dissapearing, color changing...

Posted Image

Here my character, with white hair that turns multicoloured under certain light/illumination circumstances.

Edited by Lohnerr, 12 August 2012 - 11:50 PM.

#3 Harmony

Harmony

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 85 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Guild Tag:[Old]
  • Server:Ring of Fire

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

Ahh ok, thanks Lohnerr, that makes me feel a little better.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: graphics, colours, glitch, rendering

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users