• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Ranger condition damage effecting pet condition damage?

Ranger Pet Condition Damage Bleed Poison Burning

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RJStrange

RJStrange

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:08 PM

I noticed yesterday during the Stress Test, that when I was equipping my Rampager's Amulet off and on (has about 600 condition damage on it) that the tooltip for my lynx's bleeding attacks went up and down depending on if I had the amulet equipped or not. I wasn't able to test this, so I don't know if this is just a tooltip bug, or if it actually increased my pet's bleed damage. I would hope this is true, as it would certainly make up for the fact that pets can't get hardly any bleed damage on their own, except for Expertise Training, which i heard only gives like 140 condition damage to them, pretty pathetic. This would definitely make up for the nerf on Sigil of Superior Earth (2s cooldown) that threw a bit of a wrench in ranger condition builds that relied on bleed stacks.

Anyways, any official, or tested info would be great.

Edited by RJStrange, 13 August 2012 - 01:09 PM.

#2 ryb

ryb

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

Pretty sure it's just a tooltip bug. I've experienced it myself with condition damage and boon duration changing the tooltips of my pets without changing the actual duration/damage.

#3 Obliteratia

Obliteratia

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:06 AM

Is this a confirmed bug? I thought ranger condition damage is supposed to effect the pets. So does crit chance/damage.

#4 Anelyn

Anelyn

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

I don't think pets scale with ranger stats, I believe they have fixed value for their stats (which can be improved by gaining boons in combat etc).

#5 vallo

vallo

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Vin]
  • Server:Riverside

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

I tried to use the pet to apply conditions in the last stress test (Bleed on Crit for Feline and +CondiDmg for Pet)...
I'd say in its current state its not worth it. And the tooltip is wrong. Pet condition dmg was not affected by your condi dmg.

#6 Tevesh

Tevesh

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1005 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

The pets dont scale on ranger stats. No pets scale from their masters' stats in gw2, actually.

#7 Jaehan

Jaehan

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1617 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tooltip just seems broken at the moment. Regardless of how much condition damage you have / don't have, pets don't scale with player.

Was doing 43 bleed a second both with and without the amulet, even if the difference is a little under 2k.

Edited by Jaehan, 15 August 2012 - 08:03 PM.

#8 Nettle

Nettle

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LR]
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

Just thoroughly tested this.  Checked to see if any of these things affected pet condition damage:

Equipment
Wilderness Survival
Beastmastery

None of them do.  The ONLY thing that raises pet condi damage is the expertise training trait, and it looks like its about a 10% increase.

Tooltips are bugged.  Raising your own condition damage raises the pet tooltip damage, but does not actually affect them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ranger, Pet, Condition, Damage, Bleed, Poison, Burning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users