• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 Slai

Slai

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

On my Thief, with all the crit rate traits, and all the "Eagle" sigils on my gear, and all the crit rate weapon sigils AND Fury buff, I capped out at 64%.

Really? Im at 62% using the gw2skills.net build calc with my intended thief build, and if I try to get it higher by changing runes/amulet/jewel i end up at 67% here http://gw2skills.net...VOrkWtiYQwOiJBA, not counting Sigils of Superior Accuracy.

#32 Quinci

Quinci

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1765 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostSlai, on 14 August 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

Really? Im at 62% using the gw2skills.net build calc with my intended thief build, and if I try to get it higher by changing runes/amulet/jewel i end up at 67% here http://gw2skills.net...VOrkWtiYQwOiJBA, not counting Sigils of Superior Accuracy.

I tested putting everything I could specifically into crit and I got up to 67% crit chance base. Add in the "special condition" traits such as +5% above 90% hp and it goes up to 79%. Add in fury and that's 99%. +5% for a dual skill and it's 104%. However, this is not including equipping signet of Agility (adds 90 precision at level 80), so the dual skill one is unnecessary, you can actually get over 100% for any skill if you have fury.

PS: Just wanted to add that this is a totally crap build. You would probably die in 5 seconds and you could probably do a lot more damage sacrificing some of of that crit chance for other, more useful things. Also, that build creator does include sigils of accuracy on the weapons. You can see by changing them and it lowers your crit chance.

Edited by Quinci, 14 August 2012 - 03:31 PM.

#33 Symbiont

Symbiont

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2710 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NULL]

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

***I don't think ANet has done a good job screening their traits and abilities; as a lot of them don't stack properly with each other.  Take Fleet Shadow for instance, which gives +33% movement speed while stealthed.  It doesn't stack with Signet of Shadows (Passive: +25% movement speed) due to the cap for swiftness being 33-35%.  It's gotta go!

this i didn't know, it's a flaw for sure! (time to change my own build...)

i just want to comment on your stealth proposition; with 30 sec stealth i would have an easy time travelling and capturing points without much hassle, avoiding confrontations and making combat less active. i also think this will make range thief seriously OP.

#34 Slai

Slai

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

Quincy; The critchance didnt increase when I put the sigils on the weapons, thats why I wrote "not counting Sigils of Accuracy" :P . Possibly a bug? I notice it decreasing and increasing now that I tinker with the sigils, though.

And yeah I know its a horrible build, I was just thinking "okay, lets see if I cant get more than 64% crit, considering my actual build has 62% without even trying to get high crit" :) .

#35 LoreChief

LoreChief

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

View PostQuinci, on 14 August 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

I tested putting everything I could specifically into crit and I got up to 67% crit chance base. Add in the "special condition" traits such as +5% above 90% hp and it goes up to 79%. Add in fury and that's 99%. +5% for a dual skill and it's 104%. However, this is not including equipping signet of Agility (adds 90 precision at level 80), so the dual skill one is unnecessary, you can actually get over 100% for any skill if you have fury.

PS: Just wanted to add that this is a totally crap build. You would probably die in 5 seconds and you could probably do a lot more damage sacrificing some of of that crit chance for other, more useful things. Also, that build creator does include sigils of accuracy on the weapons. You can see by changing them and it lowers your crit chance.

Huh, when I was doing SPvP stress test before last, I put everything I could into straight crit/precision traits/gears - and when I triggered Fury I was only at 67% in the stat window...  Interesting.

Perhaps there does need to at least be a 5-10 second ICD on Critical Haste.

#36 Quinci

Quinci

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1765 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

View PostLoreChief, on 14 August 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

Huh, when I was doing SPvP stress test before last, I put everything I could into straight crit/precision traits/gears - and when I triggered Fury I was only at 67% in the stat window...  Interesting.

Perhaps there does need to at least be a 5-10 second ICD on Critical Haste.

I'm not sure if stuff like Fury is shown in the stat window... Any have any insight into this?

#37 LoreChief

LoreChief

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:49 PM

View PostQuinci, on 14 August 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

I'm not sure if stuff like Fury is shown in the stat window... Any have any insight into this?

I believe it is.  I had a 47 + 20 (in green text) next to my crit chance, which promptly went away after the Fury buff wore off.

#38 Sol1

Sol1

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

View PostLoreChief, on 14 August 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

Here's the thing, it's kind of the point of what I'm saying about traits in the first place.  Going back to referencing FT - if you go Flamethrower, and don't get the 20% cool down reduction, or the 15% increased damage - you haven't actually specialized in FT - you're just a random person wearing the less powerful version of flamethrower.  Either the FT functions properly without those traits or it doesn't - and if it doesn't the traits need to be incorporated into it.  If it does, then great! Those traits don't need to exist.  But you're saying that if they don't exist, then anyone wielding a flamethrower is the same, and that's OP... What I'm suggesting (not that I did a review of Engi traits in this thread) is that traits like 20% CDR and +% dmg either be fully incorporated OR removed, and are instead replaced with actual OPTIONS.  Make the player choose between one thing or the other, maybe between a trait like Juggarnaut (+200 toughness and stability -50% movement speed while wielding FT) or Pyromaniac: "Enemies on fire catch their nearby allies on fire as well."  Now you get to choose how you specialize into a weapon kit, instead of going to for the "I'll be gimped without these" traits.

There are no necessary evils in a game like GW2 - we have very creative people with amazing ideas cranking out all sorts of non-evils, and certainly if they put as much thought into the skill trees with a mindset on creating a variety of fun/articulate builds, they could.  Hell they're halfway there, I'm just pointing out here that "HEY LOOK! There's still shitty traits that should go away!".

I see your point however I just don't agree with it sorry.  I've stated my thoughts and it will just keep going around in circles as you feel one way (justifiably) yet I feel as if those traits are required - as shitty and unimaginative as they are.

LoreChief said:

***I don't think ANet has done a good job screening their traits and abilities; as a lot of them don't stack properly with each other.  Take Fleet Shadow for instance, which gives +33% movement speed while stealthed.  It doesn't stack with Signet of Shadows (Passive: +25% movement speed) due to the cap for swiftness being 33-35%.  It's gotta go!

Totally agree with this stuff though.  Very poor design and neigh useless.  As stealth is only 3-4secs I don't see why a small burst in speed couldn't be added to help catch up to or escape targets.

Edited by Sol1, 14 August 2012 - 10:27 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thief, suggestions, complaints

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users