#61 DrunknGod

DrunknGod

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HM]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:37 AM

Eh I've been on JQ since BWE1.  I like the folks there and we have a pretty good jump on the community aspect of GW2 IMHO.  I really don't care to dominate WvW.  I'll take the wins with the losses.  I'm also too damn old with a family and a mortgage to be doing 3 AM keep raids like back in the day.  I'm gonna have fun with a bunch of old friends and enemies from DAoC and a bunch of new ones too.

I expect we'll bleed some players and guilds intially over time.  It's bound to happen.  I also expect that over time you'll see a drop in people logging in every waking hour to play.  I'd rather see that decrease come from a high population than a low to medium one.

In the end I think you'll see that most of the servers will even themselves out.  There's a few large alliances that haven't announced where they're going yet.  There's also not been less than 100 guilds registered as undecided on gw2guilds for awhile now.

Just say'n

#62 Ostra

Ostra

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:17 AM

View PostMrAmbiguous, on 20 August 2012 - 02:02 AM, said:

If possible, I would also like to know.  There seems to be no updated lists of what communities are where (for example, I thought Yak's was the Guru Hub, but it seems slightly off-base now).  It's difficult to understand how people have come to the conclusions they have.

Its all speculation honestly. Unless you go to that forum or that guilds website there is no way to be sure. Most larger guilds are holding that info safe behind doors.

Best bet is to find a community you like if possible, or a guild you like and just go there. That is how I would up from Magumma to JQ, I like the community better. (mods dont infraction me, I am not dissing guilds on Magumma lol) In the end that is the MOST important thing. Win or lose wvw or what have you, if you dont enjoy the community on your own server, you will not have as much fun as others will.

#63 Dimglow

Dimglow

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:23 AM

Does anyone know if Jade Quarry is the Brazil server?

There seem to be a lot of Brazil guilds listed...
No offense to Brazilians but after inadvertently sharing a server with them in Warhammer...
Never again. WvW does not work with language barriers.

#64 Ostra

Ostra

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:24 AM

If so Dimglow I have not ran across any of the other languages in my play time on JQ. I moved there for BWE3 and all stresses afterwards and never found any troubles with language barriers.

#65 Crook

Crook

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1341 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Gem]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:27 AM

Jade Quarry wasn't even that fun guys...

#66 Dimglow

Dimglow

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

View PostOstra, on 20 August 2012 - 03:24 AM, said:

If so Dimglow I have not ran across any of the other languages in my play time on JQ. I moved there for BWE3 and all stresses afterwards and never found any troubles with language barriers.

A little bit of googling for "Brasil Jade Quarry" gives quite a few hits.
They've also registered quite a few BR guilds on the gw2guilds.

There is nothing worse than WvW where a leader says "Okay, let's go to the castle to the north!"
Then the people who speak English take off.
Those who don't stand there not understanding.
Half the original people who took off running stop and turn and look back, they get confused because they think maybe something is wrong or they misunderstood.

Before you know it you've got 4 clumps of people strung out a mile long moving back and forth. I saw it happen ALL the time in Warhammer.

#67 Ostra

Ostra

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:37 AM

Your opinion Crook.

Dimglow, again after BWE3 and all the recent stress tests I did not see any trouble with language barriers. Not saying you are wrong, only my experience differs from your theory. Dont trust it... dont go to JQ, we got enough people we will be okay. :)

#68 Ebony Shadowheart

Ebony Shadowheart

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SSW]
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:52 AM

View PostRuefully, on 20 August 2012 - 02:30 AM, said:

Change 'many RP guilds' to 'a few at best.'

Also, because of the influence thing that makes it impossible for members of a guild from different servers to gain and use influence and their benefits, (which has been discussed in at least two long threads on this forum) it makes joining any guild outside of your server extremely undesirable. I don't doubt that people will do this but I have faith in people to know these harsh negatives before picking a server. Particularly because RPers tend to require researching on the internet before they can leap in.

I did say 'may' in there. I didn't say that they 'definitely' would.

And there are going to be those that don't really care about the influence issues for cross server members (although when I originally posted my thoughts, that little bit of info hadn't been available). I have a couple of members that will be on different servers that aren't worried about the influence or WvW, and I'm sure they aren't the only ones out there. I guess it will come to down to how powerful those guild perks really are as to whether or not cross server guilding will be a huge deal or not. Of course...there will be some who will bitch, just for the sake of bitching... ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users