Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* * * * * 2 votes

GW2Guru EU Community/Guild List

eu guru community server guild europe

  • Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#31 Saiguku

Saiguku

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 5 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:20 AM

Hey there, long time lurker, new poster. ^_^
I'd quite fancy being together in a guild with the nice people from GW2G.
Character name should be: Azerneas.

#32 Alot

Alot

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1919 posts
  • Location:Europe
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:31 AM

View PostSaiguku, on 17 August 2012 - 08:20 AM, said:

Hey there, long time lurker, new poster. ^_^
I'd quite fancy being together in a guild with the nice people from GW2G.
Character name should be: Azerneas.

Welcome to the community, Alot would say!

#33 Rennok

Rennok

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 119 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Guild Tag:[BaG]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:35 AM

As a voice communication program I would recommend Ventrilo.
We're going to have to pay for a server since hosting a server isn't free. (Unless you host it yourself).

If there is anyone that has a server at home that he/she can use to host the vent server on please let us know.
It would be greatly appreciated.
Otherwise we're going to have to pay for it and I don't know if anyone will volunteer to invest €4/month.

Anyway, let us know :)

#34 Milennin

Milennin

    Vigil Crusader

  • Members
  • 3670 posts
  • Location:Europe
  • Guild Tag:[TB]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:40 AM

I'll be joining. Also be playing on Gandara.
My name will be Milennin.

#35 Alot

Alot

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1919 posts
  • Location:Europe
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

Yay, Milennin is joining!

View PostRennok, on 17 August 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

As a voice communication program I would recommend Ventrilo.
We're going to have to pay for a server since hosting a server isn't free. (Unless you host it yourself).

If there is anyone that has a server at home that he/she can use to host the vent server on please let us know.
It would be greatly appreciated.
Otherwise we're going to have to pay for it and I don't know if anyone will volunteer to invest €4/month.

Anyway, let us know :)

We're already considering to use C3, Raidcall or TeamSpeak 3, but I really wouldn't know which is better.

Does anyone have any experience with multiple VOIP programs?

#36 Rennok

Rennok

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 119 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Guild Tag:[BaG]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

View PostAlot, on 17 August 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

Yay, Milennin is joining!



We're already considering to use C3, Raidcall or TeamSpeak 3, but I really wouldn't know which is better.

Does anyone have any experience with multiple VOIP programs?

Then Teamspeak is the way to go for sure :) Teamspeak has about the same quality as Ventrilo.
I used Raidcall and mumble as well. But I still like Vent or Teamspeak the most. I only like Ventrilo more because it looks nicer.

Edited by Rennok, 17 August 2012 - 12:07 PM.


#37 Alot

Alot

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1919 posts
  • Location:Europe
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

Rennok do you know how to setup a TeamSpeak server? And what is cheaper, Ventrillo or TeamSpeak?

#38 Rennok

Rennok

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 119 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Guild Tag:[BaG]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

There are various Teamspeak/ventrilo hosting websites out there. But of course you'll have to pay for it.
I think Teamspeak is slightly cheaper. I'll do some research later and I'll let you know what is cheapest.

#39 Alot

Alot

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1919 posts
  • Location:Europe
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

Alright, thank you.

#40 Rennok

Rennok

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 119 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Guild Tag:[BaG]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:43 PM

I'm back, wasn't hard to find what I really needed.

Teamspeak is cheaper and seems to have a better quality than Ventrilo now. So I was wrong ;)
The Teamspeak website is also more user-friendly and it's a lot easier to host a Teamspeak server than it is to host a Ventrilo server.

Official Teamspeak3 "Renting a Server" Tutorial Video

So, I did all of that stuff with the map and so on and I decided to look for a host in the UK (I think this is the most central thing we can have).
I went down the list of Hosters and I looked for the one that existed the longest (just to be sure that it was a good one)

This is the one I found.
I looked for some reviews of this website and all of them were positive so we could definitely host a server there.
They don't cost that much either. I would advice to take a 15 slot server to start with and upgrade to 25 slots when needed (shouldn't be necessary).


I hope this was helpful.

EDIT: I tested out teamspeak and it works great.

Edited by Rennok, 17 August 2012 - 12:53 PM.


#41 Alot

Alot

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1919 posts
  • Location:Europe
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

View PostRennok, on 17 August 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

I'm back, wasn't hard to find what I really needed.

Teamspeak is cheaper and seems to have a better quality than Ventrilo now. So I was wrong ;)
The Teamspeak website is also more user-friendly and it's a lot easier to host a Teamspeak server than it is to host a Ventrilo server.

Official Teamspeak3 "Renting a Server" Tutorial Video

So, I did all of that stuff with the map and so on and I decided to look for a host in the UK (I think this is the most central thing we can have).
I went down the list of Hosters and I looked for the one that existed the longest (just to be sure that it was a good one)

This is the one I found.
I looked for some reviews of this website and all of them were positive so we could definitely host a server there.
They don't cost that much either. I would advice to take a 15 slot server to start with and upgrade to 25 slots when needed (shouldn't be necessary).


I hope this was helpful.

EDIT: I tested out teamspeak and it works great.

Looks good, with how many months should we start?

#42 Rennok

Rennok

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 119 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Guild Tag:[BaG]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

I'd start the server when the gates open. On the 25th.

I would start with 3 months (you get a discount).

#43 Alot

Alot

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1919 posts
  • Location:Europe
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

Then we'll do that, once I start renting the server could you help me setting it up?

#44 Rennok

Rennok

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 119 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Guild Tag:[BaG]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

Of course! I was thinking about renting it myself but if you have no problem with paying for it, that's okay for me.
Let's say I'll pay the next 3 months once these expire. Or if you want me to, I'll start paying and you pay the next 3 and so on.

I don't want you to be the only one paying for it. Even though it's not a large amount of money.

#45 Alot

Alot

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1919 posts
  • Location:Europe
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

View PostRennok, on 17 August 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

Of course! I was thinking about renting it myself but if you have no problem with paying for it, that's okay for me.
Let's say I'll pay the next 3 months once these expire. Or if you want me to, I'll start paying and you pay the next 3 and so on.

I don't want you to be the only one paying for it. Even though it's not a large amount of money.

Rennok, for the next fifteen hours I will not be available. So if there's suddenly an explosion of people willing to join the guild, could you write them down for me, please?

Thank you.

#46 Rennok

Rennok

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 119 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Guild Tag:[BaG]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

I will :)

Edited by Rennok, 17 August 2012 - 03:55 PM.


#47 Helion

Helion

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 240 posts
  • Location:Belgum
  • Guild Tag:[BaG]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

View PostAlot, on 17 August 2012 - 08:03 AM, said:

C3 seems to be a good choice for a free service, but how does it compare to other free VoIP programs like TeamSpeak 3 and Raidcall?

I made a thread-poll (or should have made it into a poll if the mods allowed) about voips
unfortunatly they dident, but since c3 is realtivly unkown i also posted some additional information and screenshots
of c3 its a selfsustaining service through ads in the ui wich you can see in the screenshots.

I can not elaborate much on my expierince with it due the fact that i had quit mmo's
thus i hadent a need for a voips anymmore.

So i learned about c3 unfortunatly during my last mmo days, but from what i have experience
i can say thats its very easy to create a channel and assign rolls to certain members i did
expierince 1 or 2  sound lag but that was about it.

If your using a good mic the sound is like you get on a cellphone or skype
in fact if you live in the US you can even call from your desktop
to your home phone (for a fee edit: nvm i just updated it and it free now lol ). And if am not mistaken
i belive its run by a child company of sony you can find the details on the site.

If i might suggest one thing i still would recomed to use c3 just becuz of the fact that its free
if its no-good or it gets disproved no harm is done before we start trowing money on a subscription for ventrillo

C3 features: http://www.guildwars...e/#entry1350773
  • Group moderation controls
  • friend & guild notification
  • channels
  • sub channels
  • custom notification
  • single click invites
  • channel acces control
  • 1 click private chat with friends
  • voice activated chat or you can toggle(keybind) voice chat


ps: sry for my bad engl

Edited by Helion, 17 August 2012 - 04:55 PM.


#48 mitz

mitz

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

i'd love to join, was going on gandara anyway. i might have some server space on my second server that i no longer do anything with that we could use, any rough idea how much bandwidth per month it would use?

my guardian will be called charity single, although i may be on an as-yet unnamed thief to start with.

#49 Rennok

Rennok

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 119 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Guild Tag:[BaG]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

View PostHelion, on 17 August 2012 - 04:37 PM, said:

C3 features: http://www.guildwars...e/#entry1350773
  • Group moderation controls
  • friend & guild notification
  • channels
  • sub channels
  • custom notification
  • single click invites
  • channel acces control
  • 1 click private chat with friends
  • voice activated chat or you can toggle(keybind) voice chat

I'm going to take a look at it, thanks a lot for the hard work you have put in your posts! It's appreciated! :)

View Postmitz, on 17 August 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

i'd love to join, was going on gandara anyway. i might have some server space on my second server that i no longer do anything with that we could use, any rough idea how much bandwidth per month it would use?

my guardian will be called charity single, although i may be on an as-yet unnamed thief to start with.

Your name will be added to the list once Alot comes back. Thanks for joining us.

Edited by Rennok, 17 August 2012 - 05:39 PM.


#50 Helion

Helion

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 240 posts
  • Location:Belgum
  • Guild Tag:[BaG]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

View PostRennok, on 17 August 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

I'm going to take a look at it, thanks a lot for the hard work you have put in your posts! It's appreciated! :)

Np :) thats why where here right as a community to help each other out and use our collective brain
to improve one another, its the least i can do

@Alot if you need any help with setting this up or whatever, I got your back m8

I have another question thoug, at this momment i believe this is a casual community guild but we dont know how its going to evolve later on and if there eventualy will be a need for a specilazation (DE, sPvP, WvW) .
So later on we might need a website to organize us further or just to keep track of each other.
cuz ofc we cant keep making threads here on Guru to update each other

My question is actualy about the guild name (and website) if we mby dont need to reconsider our name due to copywrigt infrigment
Blood and Guru vs Guildwars Guru i dont know if this is acceptable or if Curse would force us to change or take down our (mby) community guild site later on?

Edit: it might also be worth asking on ho of the guild members are planning to represent our guild ingame, i know this is something easly overlooked but each toon can only represent 1 guild, there for this is a rather important question i think if we are going to use the guild perk system.

i will help represent this guild btw.

Edited by Helion, 17 August 2012 - 10:25 PM.


#51 Malice

Malice

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

Quote

My question is actualy about the guild name (and website) if we mby dont need to reconsider our name due to copywrigt infrigment
Blood and Guru vs Guildwars Guru i dont know if this is acceptable or if Curse would force us to change or take down our (mby) community guild site later on?

Nah. Curse can't say anything about the name.

#52 Vulteer

Vulteer

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

Count me in. I too will be playing on 25th. Name still to come.

#53 Choki

Choki

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 29 posts
  • Location:Bulgaria
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

Gandara - Zev Fiddlesticks

#54 Trixh

Trixh

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1240 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:09 PM

Hahaha. Stealing my logo design. Did a pretty good job tho :D

#55 ShadowABCXYZ

ShadowABCXYZ

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1771 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:25 AM

I'll also be joining the Gandara server:
Character name: Shadowzael

Look forward to meeting you all on launch and headstart!

#56 Alot

Alot

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1919 posts
  • Location:Europe
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:45 AM

For now we'll go with TeamSpeak 3, but if it turns out that C3 would make a quality alternative then we'll go with that.

View PostHelion, on 17 August 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

@Alot if you need any help with setting this up or whatever, I got your back m8

I have another question thoug, at this momment i believe this is a casual community guild but we dont know how its going to evolve later on and if there eventualy will be a need for a specilazation (DE, sPvP, WvW) .
So later on we might need a website to organize us further or just to keep track of each other.
cuz ofc we cant keep making threads here on Guru to update each other


If we find our Guild growing rapidly once the game launches we'll create a website and probably start specializing. But for now I think most people in our Guild just want to do a bit of everything. I do plan on organizing a couple of Guild events, in PvE or in WvW for example.

Also:

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:


In the Beta Weekends Gandara was heavily populated, and going by this thread, it may be even more so on launch. If Gandara is not to our liking we may have to start transferring the whole Guild over to a different server.

Edited by Alot, 18 August 2012 - 07:53 AM.


#57 Censtudios

Censtudios

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 189 posts
  • Location:Netherlands
  • Guild Tag:[MOA]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

Count me in too, but I don't want to put out my name yet... :P It's very important to me to have that name, or I will seriously kill the person IRL

#58 Rennok

Rennok

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 119 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Guild Tag:[BaG]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

View PostTrixh, on 17 August 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

Hahaha. Stealing my logo design. Did a pretty good job tho :D

Yes, I based the logo on yours :) Thought it looked nice and I decided to "try" and recreate it from scratch. I'll remove it and try another one if you don't want me/us to use it.

View PostAlot, on 18 August 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:


PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:


In the Beta Weekends Gandara was heavily populated, and going by this thread, it may be even more so on launch. If Gandara is not to our liking we may have to start transferring the whole Guild over to a different server.

Yes, that's what I also feared for. 75% of the players will go to the server they were playing on during the Beta weekends. So if Gandara was highly populated in the Beta weekends it'll be highly populated at launch as well.


About the specialization: I'll probably play this game based on PvP. So for any of you out there that are interested in PvP as well. Feel free to ask me and we'll do some theory-crafting and try some strategies. Everyone will have to learn new things at the start of this game and the faster you learn.. The better.


I will also represent our guild in-game.

Edited by Rennok, 18 August 2012 - 09:19 AM.


#59 Trixh

Trixh

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1240 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

View PostRennok, on 18 August 2012 - 09:14 AM, said:

Yes, I based the logo on yours :) Thought it looked nice and I decided to "try" and recreate it from scratch. I'll remove it and try another one if you don't want me/us to use it.

Nah. Was just something my eye noticed when I saw the banner :).


The wait is almost over.

#60 Rennok

Rennok

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 119 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Guild Tag:[BaG]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

Alright so, I told Helion (and the rest of you guys) to test out C3 (VOIP) and I'm amazed to how good it looks and how good it works.
It's also free and the voice quality has been tested by me and a couple of friends (playing LoL).. We yelled, laughed, spoke and there was no lag, no annoying sounds.
The only thing I noticed was that every now and then you hear a bit of static in the background but it's really nothing to worry about.

I also have a pretty bad mic right now because my previous one (gaming headset) broke. I'm planning on buying a new one soon.
Anyway, this program would be perfect for us to use. It's free, it takes 5 minutes and you're in the channel, no annoying IP's and ports etc. It works great!

So here's a tutorial on how to get in our server. Please, feel free to join and have a chat with me (and the others). WARNING: This tutorial is very long so you'll have to scroll down a lot!

Channel name: Blood and Guru
Channel password: bloodandgore


Edited by Rennok, 18 August 2012 - 09:52 AM.






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: eu, guru, community, server, guild, europe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users