• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bstap04

Bstap04

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:49 AM

How is your guild going to handle members who represent and members who don't represent?

Are you going to use separate ranks or more beneficial ranks? Give em a pat on the back? Not give a rat's hindquarters?

If it is integrated into your policies, how are you going to moderate it? I know there is a little square you can look at on the roster that shows you if someone is currently representing, but no one wants to be on square patrol all the time.

#2 Rafiee

Rafiee

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FC]
  • Server:Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:30 AM

Our only policy is that they represent us while playing with us. If they're playing with other people, then they can rep whoever they want

#3 Bstap04

Bstap04

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:32 AM

Thanks for the response, that is a good idea.

#4 Wookie4726

Wookie4726

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[EG]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:10 AM

There is another thread HERE discussing the same topic. I think you'll find the content helpful.

#5 Kahluah

Kahluah

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DisT]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:16 AM

My officers and I are still attempting to come up with policy on this one (we're only a small guild for now, but its always best to have these things down for future growth), but the above suggestion sounds like something that we will consider implementing. Other suggestions being bandied about at the moment are (please note, these are only suggestions - not ironclad rules):

*Leader and Officer ranks cannot join another guild, but lower ranks are free to come and go as they wish

*Officer ranks have to spend 85% of their time representing the guild (which allows them to have a banking guild etc)

*Any member regardless of rank can represent any guild, provided a minimum time is spent representing us (minimum term yet to be determined).

As stated earlier, these are only suggestions that have been raised during the brainstorming process of multi-guild policy. Not sure how we're going to lean at this stage - its tricky finding that nice balance between something that works for the individual members and something that works to benefit the guild.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guilds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users