• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Help me make a viable Scepter build (PvP)?

scepter mesmer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EndlessEcho

EndlessEcho

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:57 AM

Hello all, I'm wondering if anyone has been able to create a viable scepter build focusing on condition/confusion damage. As far as I have tried, I stand no chance when I am using scepter. However, when I swap to a sword, the story completely changes.

So any tips or even builds for scepter PvP?

(I really hope that the mesmer will get some reworking to make the scepter more viable...)

Thanks!

#2 Drainpipe

Drainpipe

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:52 AM

Scepter is great, it is that off hand we will have to wait out and see if it meshes with the scepter. Pistol is best and torch is a close second, imoo
The sword issue is that melee damage is always higher then ranged. It is just the games design. But melee range defense is less then ranged because of it.
There are builds that will work for the Scepter, but you need that Pistol in most cases as the Off hand for the Duelist. Problem is that Sword main and Pistol off is the better combo when all is taken into consideration.
It will eventually come down to your playstyle that will make the difference.
Sword 3, right now is probably the best skill for a Mesmer at the moment because it melds very well with sword 2

Scepter 2 is just not all that great.Blocking can be subjective and tricky to time.  Now if the blind was an aoe then you would have something. but to make that line hit more then 1 opponent is hard and just not useful enough.
Scepter 1 and 3 are good but I hate having that #2 on my bar jst sitting there for some specific event to happen, I would rather take the hit and go from there.
Using the torch 4 works out much better then scepter 2. Torch 5, the Mage is just too weak compared to the Duelist. Yes the Mage has it's good points but I just think Duelist is a better option.
That leaves Scepter/Pistol.
Where you go from there is your style, whether you utilize clones best or just straight damage and distraction as your game.
Shatter is a must either way and that means Decoy is a must. I use Decoy and Mirror Images because I want a constant flow of Clones to put out there when I shatter my Phantasms. The 3 insta clones with the dodge one available means I can shatter all day long creating confusion with every and any shattering.
Is it the most powerful? Hardly but it is the most fun I have had in many years.

Edited by Drainpipe, 15 August 2012 - 03:04 AM.

#3 Merryem

Merryem

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:55 AM

http://www.gw2build.....0.10.0.25.30.5

Something like this should work.

#4 Rocky4686

Rocky4686

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

I'm gonna play around with a build like THIS during the stress test tomorrow and I'll let you know how it works out. Just theory crafting right now as usually with my playstyle I don't shatter till my clones are already about to die and typically melee. In an instance like what I've made here, I don't see a reason why I shouldn't be able to shatter often and effectively. Stack on tons of bleeding, all the toughness for survivability, oodles of condition damage. We'll see if it ends up being crappy or not. hehe

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: scepter, mesmer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users