• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gank1983

Gank1983

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:25 AM

So I have been looking all over the internet with regards to the crafting material required for the legendary weapons.... I know it requires a significant amount of mats to make each part... but what i have not been able to figure out is if these are Bind on Pickup....

Now I can't see them being BoP as they would be highly sought after on the market.
I also ask as I am looking to maximize my crafting and would not want to level another one to obtain the legendary right away.

If anyone has any insight into this that would be great!

#2 Kagron12

Kagron12

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:28 AM

ArenaNet has stated that every material required to make a legendary cannot be traded whatsoever. They want them to be completely personal.

#3 Shamadamun

Shamadamun

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • Guild Tag:[VV]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:29 AM

View PostKagron12, on 15 August 2012 - 04:28 AM, said:

ArenaNet has stated that every material required to make a legendary cannot be traded whatsoever. They want them to be completely personal.

Awwww yeah no more insta-winning with fat wallets and overpriced materials in the Trading Post! :cool:

#4 jdavet90

jdavet90

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:32 AM

Everything except the standard crafting mats will be BoP. Legendary weapons require various other BoP items and a BoP weapon to make them. So you will have to pretty much make the legendary item from scratch. Oh yea, and it requires 200 skill points to make a legendary weapon too. So it will take a loooong time before you have every legendary weapon that is usable for your class. Looking at about what? 2-7 main hand/2h weapons per class, and between 1-5 offhand per class. Thats between 800-2400 skill points you need for every weapon for your class, depending on your class. So that's you having to earn at most 1800 extra levels past lv 80. That is a lot of exp and will take months to grind out.

Engineer will require the least at 800. So best case scenario, you don't unlock any skills up to lv 80. Your looking at 80 skill points + ~150 from skill challenges (give or take 25 or so). Your sitting at 230 points, now you would need another 570 skill points, to get all your legendary weapons. But also look at how many points it will take to unlock every skill. Engineer requires 119 points to unlock every skill, so that's 111 points left for legendary weapons, so now you need 689 more skill points to finish all of your legendary weapons.

This doesn't even include the aquatic weapons which would add another 200 or 400 skill points per class. As you can see, even with the class with the least weapons, your looking at around 580-625 ish skill points (assuming you pick and choose skills to unlock and only unlock what your actually going to use) you need to grind out in order to get all your legendary weapons.

Edited by jdavet90, 16 August 2012 - 01:01 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: weapons, weapon, legendary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users