Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Steam Overlay

steam

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 stillalive123

stillalive123

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

Does the steam overlay work for anyone? it doesnt seem to work for me :/

#2 Airwolf

Airwolf

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 213 posts
  • Location:SPAAAAAAACE
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[PONY]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

It works as far as I know. You just can't see it in the launcher.

#3 stillalive123

stillalive123

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:49 PM

View PostAirwolf, on 15 August 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

It works as far as I know. You just can't see it in the launcher.

in game i cant screen shot or bring up the overlay, tho steam says im on GW2

#4 NeonArlecchino

NeonArlecchino

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Location:California
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

I haven't had an issue, have you tried re-adding?

#5 stillalive123

stillalive123

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

View PostNeonArlecchino, on 15 August 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

I haven't had an issue, have you tried re-adding?

nope i havent, il try that when the stress test is open tonight :)

#6 Dukeun

Dukeun

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 82 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[KILL]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

It worked for me, but I haven't used Steam and GW2 in a while.

#7 stillalive123

stillalive123

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:04 PM

tested, it wont work

#8 Ereshkigal

Ereshkigal

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:00 AM

Worked for me during today's test.  Screenshots, overlay, everything.  I never open it without using Steam.

#9 stillalive123

stillalive123

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:41 AM

still doesnt work :/ anyone got any idea how to get it working? seems to work for a friend but just not for me.

if it helps im on windows 7 64bit

#10 K0tY

K0tY

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 487 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DiL]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:59 AM

View Poststillalive123, on 22 August 2012 - 05:41 AM, said:

still doesnt work :/ anyone got any idea how to get it working? seems to work for a friend but just not for me.

if it helps im on windows 7 64bit

GW2 is not made to work with, and does not hold any support over Steam Overlay, i do believe your on your own.

#11 stillalive123

stillalive123

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

Anything on this? seems it still doesnt work, steam says im in guild wars, but overlay just wont work. im on Windows 7 64 bit if it matters..

#12 Dawntracker

Dawntracker

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

Also win 7 64x here, works like a charm.

#13 jasonorme666

jasonorme666

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 57 posts
  • Location:UK, Stoke On Trent
  • Guild Tag:[PCG]
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:21 PM

Yep, win 7 64bit, and alls fine.

#14 stillalive123

stillalive123

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

hmm i dunno whats wrong then ;/ it seems it works for everyone but me, can someone tell me exactly what they did?

#15 Azimov

Azimov

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 80 posts
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

View Poststillalive123, on 25 August 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

hmm i dunno whats wrong then ;/ it seems it works for everyone but me, can someone tell me exactly what they did?
Start Steam, click on "Games" at very top
Select "Add a non-steam game to my library"
Browse to Gw2.exe, click "open", click "add selected program"
Now go to your library tab and start GW2 through the shortcut there.

Just did this and it works fine, shift+tab is the default overlay key, f12 is the default steam screenshot key, though this clashes with the logout key of gw2 so might want to change one or the other.

#16 stillalive123

stillalive123

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

View PostAzimov, on 25 August 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

Start Steam, click on "Games" at very top
Select "Add a non-steam game to my library"
Browse to Gw2.exe, click "open", click "add selected program"
Now go to your library tab and start GW2 through the shortcut there.

Just did this and it works fine, shift+tab is the default overlay key, f12 is the default steam screenshot key, though this clashes with the logout key of gw2 so might want to change one or the other.

did this and it didnt work :/ im stumped i dunno what to do

#17 Acura

Acura

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:42 AM

wait, did you rename gw2.exe to Guild Wars 2?

#18 Dawn Quickblade

Dawn Quickblade

    HEAVY FARTING

  • Moderators
  • 618 posts
  • Location:I'M MAJESTIC
  • Guild Tag:[FART]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:19 AM

Please do not necro a 6month old thread. I'm sure the poster has figured it out by now.

Got any questions about moderation or just want to chat, send a pm my way! Don't be afraid to contact me if an issue arises.

"If good things lasted forever, would we appreciate how precious they are?"






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: steam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users