• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Habaneros

Habaneros

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

I need a good scepter/dagger build for today's stress test!, and Fast!, 4 hours to go and I have no idea where to start..

#2 MaximumSquid

MaximumSquid

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

Habaneros:

I'm confused. . . I mean it's a stress test. . .

Would it make more sense to test out a bunch of different builds for your own personal gain at launch then to just get handed a top build for. . . *re-reads post*

Hey, yeah. . . you didn't even tell us where you were going to be doing with the S/D

A top S/D build for sPvP is going to be way different than a WvW, PvE, or Tournament build

at least put some effort in

#3 Habaneros

Habaneros

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

sPvp. and as for the "testing out many builds" Im at work so I have no time to play with a build generator, and Ill only be able to play for a few hours.. So I don't want to waste my time playing with stuff I just want to jump in and play to the fullest without being stomped...

#4 MaximumSquid

MaximumSquid

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

Habaneros:

Ok. . . a time crunch
Looks like builds may not be added to the guide for some time so I'll try to dig you up some quick

Bear in mind though that most are not optimized and even if I find one that is playing any Ele build wrong is usually disastrous

There's also a number of bugs that have been plaguing Ele Skills and Traits lately
I'm hoping they will be gone for this stress test, but if not they could wildly throw off your results

Looks like another beta event for a different game I own is about to start, but I'll be back with some stuff before in an hour or so

A good 3 hours till stress test anyway

#5 Habaneros

Habaneros

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

Thanks sir!, Ill keep looking when i have time though, hopefully i can get one before :)

#6 Anlyon Spellrage

Anlyon Spellrage

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1322 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

Apologies for not having builds up yet.

Here is a pretty standard S/D burst build. Link

Couple of things to note about S/D. Take time to learn more than just the burst combo. There is plenty of damage potential outside of it, and you'll need to know them for when your burst misses/is off CD.
Dont hold RMB when using Firegrab. You'll auto face and it'll be more likely to hit.

If people are stun breaking out of SoE before you combo them, swap it out for SoW. Bait them into using their dodge rolls on just a DT or any AoE. Once they are out (2 dodge rolls) chill them, Knockdown with Earthquake, then go ahead and DT→ phoenix → FG.

#7 Habaneros

Habaneros

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

Thanks so much! :)

#8 Tato

Tato

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:24 PM

"Dont hold RMB when using Firegrab. You'll auto face and it'll be more likely to hit."

Wow i didn't know that...Do you still run up to them? But once once you start casting, do you freeze? Or just continue to run with them?

#9 MaximumSquid

MaximumSquid

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:51 PM

Habaneros:

Ok. . . right off bat there's Written in Stone Builds. . .
There are tons of variants, but most go with a defensive hybrid that keeps Protection up all the time and has decent healing

To do this successfully you'll need either Rune of the Grove or Rune of the Earth, an Amulet with Toughness on it, and Sigils to counter whatever the metagame is currently giving you problems with

Here's a gutted down version for you to fill in the missing pieces:
http://gw2skills.net...CJiCPA;TIAidsAB

---

If you want to go more offensive you can either go high condition damage or high direct damage with crits

For Direct-D 30 in Air + Berserker's is pretty much the staple along with Arcane Spells for instant cast initiators and finishing moves
Again a Gutted down template: http://gw2skills.net...AA;TQAg0CnIqxiD

Having no hesitation on your combos is key to success. . .
It took me a long time to get used to S/D to be able to play a Crits Build successfully
Changing the builds Traits and Skills often to stay ahead of the Meta is no easy task either

If condition is your flavor then you'll be largely staying in Earth Attunement to spam Stone Shards while occasionally swapping off for interupt combos when they come back on cooldown and to also apply poison via Sigil of Superior Doom which should be working for the first time during this stress test

Signet of Fire also appears in a lot of Ele condition build because you can cast it to apply burn without being attuned to fire

I can't in good faith post you even a template for a condition build because the advent of poison being available for sPvP on an Ele is going to require that all the previous builds get re-tested and re-optimized

I typically do not test out condition builds, but from a personal preference I feel that from the ground up they are the easiest to create and tweak so if you wanted to build your own this stress test it probably would be very doable

---

If you want to search your own builds out off of this forum there are a number of build websites that store templates

anyway good luck

-

Edited by MaximumSquid, 15 August 2012 - 05:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users