• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

7850 problems... has anyone got any experience of this?

7850 crash freeze driver

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 SZSSZS

SZSSZS

Branded One

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[ToA]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

View PostReogrym, on 11 March 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure it's a 7850 issue because what happens is my monitors stop displaying stuff, and my GPU fans start revving up. Audio still works most of the time, and my Skype session still works (they can hear me and I can still hear them). The times when it doesn't work properly, I just hear the same chunk of sound looping over and over again really quickly.

What AMD drivers are you using? I experienced the exact same issue recently as well using the beta 13.2 drivers. Seems this black screen crash, among the other issues in this topic are driver related.

http://forums.guru3d...ad.php?t=374604

#32 Baldur The Bold

Baldur The Bold

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ARM]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

I would try using another PSU and see how that goes. PSU with a solid 12v rail is still essential even with modern GPU lower power requirements.
Did you do a clean OS install when you upgraded?

#33 mol

mol

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:55 AM

i have a slightly different problem from you guys, my problem is that sometimes my monitor gets no signal. during 12 hours of not using the pc, and then trying to turn it on, the pc boots normally w/o monitor signal. i can tell coz there is the windows tune, but after several force shutdown the monitor operates normally. also i have tried reseating the GPU though after 12hrs same problem.
hope you guys can help me.

#34 N7 Justin

N7 Justin

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

Hi guys!

Thought it was about time I swung by with an update about my original situation! :)

The first graphics card I received went back to the store I bought it from (for the 2nd time I think - it was a while ago now) and they informed me they had now found a fault with the card. They sent me a brand new card which I installed - yet I still had the same issues! After a bit more playing around with replacing bits and pieces - I realised that the new card worked in the 2nd PCI-e slot on the mobo I had. It turns out that the fault on the original graphics card had damaged the primary PCI-e slot on my P8Z77-V LX.

Not sure if this will help with anyone else's problems - but thought it was worth a shot! Hope you guys all get yours working - it is a great card now it is up and running!

Cheers,
Justin

#35 Quaker

Quaker

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3321 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[n/a]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

View Postmol, on 27 March 2013 - 05:55 AM, said:

sometimes my monitor gets no signal.
Are you using the HDMI connection? If so, try switching to DVI.

#36 mol

mol

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:52 AM

View PostQuaker, on 27 March 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

Are you using the HDMI connection? If so, try switching to DVI.

im using a HDMI to DVI connection. im sick of the routine, each morning i would remove the GPU and turn on again and it will work. if i dont do that, it will display no signal. if the GPU is the problem, there should never be a display on monitor right?
also when i remove the side panel of the case while the pc is on, it will again have no signal as well as returning the side panel. i just notice if i move slightly the case the monitor gets no signal.

#37 Killyox

Killyox

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3120 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[InVi]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

Honestly. Radeon GPUs always gave me headaches. While 2 GeForces burned to death Radeons always gave me some crashes, driver errors etc. Don't have it with GF now.

#38 Quaker

Quaker

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3321 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[n/a]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

View Postmol, on 29 March 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

im using a HDMI to DVI connection.
That could be the problem. I don't know what your setup is, but why are you using an HDMI to DVI connection? Are you using a TV as a monitor?
In any case I've often had problems with the HDMI connection from my Blu-Ray player to my TV. It sometimes says "No connection" as well, and I have to restart the BR player. It seems to be a possible problem of a crappy BR player and/or a crappy HDMI cable. I basically never use it so I haven't bothered to try to fix it.
In your case, eliminate the HDMI if you can. Straight DVI is your best option. Or even VGA if you are using a TV.

Edited by Quaker, 29 March 2013 - 03:02 PM.

#39 Reogrym

Reogrym

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Just gonna update on my status - I bought a 7950 and installed it, all my problems went away. So yeah, for me it was the GPU.

Edited by Reogrym, 01 April 2013 - 05:54 PM.

#40 Kristofferus

Kristofferus

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:48 AM

I'm getting the same issue. I used a lot of debugging programs, and it seemed that the error was on the graphics. I'm using a brand new machine, it's less than six months old. All parts are new, I'm using a SSD. I contacted Amazon, where i got my card, and they were happy to replace it free of charge. Weird when they quickly offer to send you a new one without asking many questions. Kindness or do they know there's a problem but don't want to admit? Anyway, Monday I will install the new card. Meanwhile I will run Memtest, it's really the only thing I haven't done yet. But this crash has happened 5 times exactly (judging by the Event Viewer, every time this happens I have to hard shutoff the computer which creates a log). I guess I wasn't getting BSOD's because the memory.dmp file was never created, and the event viewer showed nothing other than the fact that I manually powered off my computer. Gonna run MEMtest now and will post results when I finish.

#41 Kristofferus

Kristofferus

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:08 AM

UPDATE: I ran MEMTest for 2 and a half hours. No errors. I read that I should let it run overnight, but in the 2 hour period I only got through one pass. I didn't want to let my computer running overnight with this test, so I will first test out the new graphics card on monday. If that works, then great! And while I have the case open, I'll reinserrt the RAM to make sure it's seated properly.

#42 shanetome

shanetome

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:26 AM

I have had the same problem, card was still under warranty, I sent it back to them, they said it had "Crashed Heaven", reinstalled the second card, same again, sent it back to store, They said it had "Crashed Heaven" now they have returned it to their suppliers, This card seems to have a serious problem, and should never have been put on the market. Up to now it have cost me £22 postage, this is not good enough, plus I have lost the use of my PC for playing games now for almost 6 weeks. PLEASE DO NOT CONSIDER THIS CARD FOR YOUR PC., unless you want to pay high price for bad quality. Very disappointing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 7850, crash, freeze, driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users