• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DaneVlll

DaneVlll

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:29 AM

Why don't professions use particular weapons?
Through conductive reasoning, I came up with certain "rules" that explain this.
This isn't 100% accurate, but here's how I came up with my ideas...

Posted Image

Posted Image

As for each profession, in the following charts the top row is the "rule" eliminating unusable weapons based on the used weapons in the third row. The fourth row shows other reasons why weapons that weren't eliminated by the "rule" are still unusable to that profession.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Highlighted weapons have unknown reasons for being unusable to that profession. It may have to do with aesthetics, or to limit the amount of skills (like what came first, the skill or the weapon?).
Because Necromancers and Guardians are opposites by theme, as well as Rangers and Engineers (nature vs. technology if you haven't guessed), they often don't share certain weapons.
Professions of the same armor category don't share certain weapons as well.
Also, when it comes to the weight of a weapon, the main-hand weapon has to be the same weight or heavier than the off-hand weapon.
Some rules are just made up, like how all off-hand weapons are light weapons.
This is purely speculative, but I find it to be a quite logical way of reasoning out unusable weapons for each profession.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any idea as to why a few of the professions do not use their highlighted weapons, or if you think the designers of the game didn't even think this hard into weapon choices.
To explain the highlighted weapons, I had the idea that each profession can only have two blade sets (greatsword, sword-sword, sword-dagger, and/or dagger-dagger); as for the thief's axe, I assume it's only because axes typically do slashing damage, while thief weapons usually do penetrating-type damage.

Edited by DaneVlll, 19 August 2012 - 05:48 AM.

#2 Sleepyx732

Sleepyx732

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:32 AM

Bow Guardian?

Don't worry.. I can wait

#3 Naglifar

Naglifar

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • Server:Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:49 AM

Your Idea seems very interesting but this is an absolutely horrible format for presentation...I think you sir need to make an infographic to compress the words/ideas/concepts into something people will 'see'..

#4 refer

refer

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:08 AM

View PostNaglifar, on 17 August 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

Your Idea seems very interesting but this is an absolutely horrible format for presentation...I think you sir need to make an infographic to compress the words/ideas/concepts into something people will 'see'..

Worse is the tiny font. Even if you just uploaded them with a larger font. You could add an image to each one too.

Edited by refer, 17 August 2012 - 06:19 AM.

#5 DaneVlll

DaneVlll

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:18 AM

I have it on a word document in nice, neat, big charts, but when I pasted the charts over it lost the format, so I just pasted them to paint, which changed the font. I was hoping people would look past the format, but it seems to be a hindrance. So I'll work on making them easier to read and understand; possibly with smart art on powerpoint or something.

Edited by DaneVlll, 17 August 2012 - 06:20 AM.

#6 refer

refer

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:20 AM

Just take a screenshot of your word document or upload the document somewhere else so people can play with it or the raw data.

Edited by refer, 17 August 2012 - 06:20 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: weapons, weapon, professions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users