• Mind Stab (GS) reviewed and changed to something close to the following:
• Blast finisher, player targeted, reverted back to 561 damage, 180 radius, removes 1 boon, effects up to 5 players.
• Blast finisher, ground targeted, no root animation, remains at current damage, 150 radius, removes 1 boon, effects up to 5 players.
• Player targeted, 714 damage, steals 1 boon, applies 1 second daze.
• Anything that'll give Mind Stab the offensive damage it seems like it's supposed to have, but doesn't at the moment.
• A blink, leap, or 2x run speed increase for illusions when shattering. I've had a few instances where my near-death targets were able to jump/run off of a small ledge or building to avoid the shatter since the illusions don't jump. I've also seen someone kinda kite the illusions around a corner, and it gave them just enough time to get a clutch heal off before the illusions reached them for the Mind Wrack explosion.
• Clones & Phantasms having slightly different colored activation circles, so they are easier to identify. Illusion management shouldn't feel like too much of a hassle especially in chaotic situations, and I hate overwriting a Phantasm with a Clone by accident because I couldn't tell which was next in line mid-fight.
• Some Mantras need a review for effectiveness, and a cast animation or visible effect on use. For example, Mantra of Pain feels too weak and doesn't have a spell effect when cast, and some of the others feel like a waste of a slot over many of the stronger non-mantra utility skills.
• Mantra Mastery major trait also reducing the charge time (the initial 3s cast) by 20% second along with the recharge time.
• Review or rebuild the Domination trait line, and move/change/combine traits to make them more viable/desirable. For example, Dazzling & Illusion of Vulnerability combined or moved to be optional for non-daze/interrupt, power builds.
• Grandmaster Major traits or just even some Major traits in general could use an overhaul. If you do decide to get the 30pt Major though, there are only 1-2 traits worth getting, and the rest are garbage or would be better as minors.
• Illusions persisting until out of combat instead of the target's death. It's irritating mostly in PvE since you're illusion dies with your target, but you might still be in combat and fighting other mobs, so if it were PvE only change, I'd be fine with that.
• An additional trait in Inspiration or a utility skill focused around team support/healing that isn't specifically bound to Mantras.
Anyhow, I'm sure is apparent by my list above that I'm wanting to focus on a greatsword Mesmer at launch, so some of my suggestions might favor the GS. I've tried a few different builds with various methods of dealing damage (condition damage, direct power, shatters, & phantasms), and I've used every weapon except the torch, but I always find myself coming back to the GS for it's fun factor. I really want to use it as a primary weapon in pvp, but it's not quite in-line with the strength or effectiveness of the staff or sword/pistol primary setups at the moment.
So what about everyone else? What would you like to see changed before launch?
Edited by Six, 19 August 2012 - 02:02 AM.