With Guild Wars 2 only a week away, we thought it would be a good time to reboot our public Mumble server! This VoIP will be available free of use for the GW2 community as a whole. If your guild or PvP team is in need of a private channel, we can provide that for you as well!
- Address: 184.108.40.206
- Port: 64738
- No obscene usernames
- Do not spam the chat
- Language should be on a PG-13 level (same as our forum)
- No trolling or insulting others
- Download Mumble from here
- Follow the Audio Wizard (Configure > Audio Wizard) to set up your installation
- Set up your Push to Talk key by going to Configure > Settings
- Audio Input > Transmission: Make sure you set Transmit to Push To Talk
- Once that's done, go to Shortcuts and click to add Push to Talk to bind it to a key
- For more settings, click the Advanced checkbox in the lower left-hand corner
- When you login to the server, right-click your name and select Register. This will prevent others from using your nickname. If you format your computer or want to use Mumble on a different computer, you will need to Export and Import your certificate using the Certificate Wizard (Configure > Certificate Wizard), otherwise you won't be able to use the nick again.
- Once you've joined the server, all you need to do is double-click the channel you wish to enter.
We are currently looking for Community Moderators to help us moderate our public Mumble server channels. (Guild channels will be responsible for their own moderation.)
- Those interested in helping out will need to be an active poster on Guru in good standing;
- You must be familiar with Mumble (setting it up, how to mute or ban someone, etc.);
- You must be on regularly enough that you are able to moderate when necessary
- Tell us a little about yourself
- Any experience you've previously had with Mumble or other VoIP software
- How often will you be online and available
- Anything else you'd like to add