It's one of the things that was severely lacking in Guild Wars Classic, and I feel strongly if the animation / mechanic exists as a condition (like it does in GW1), it'd be great to just have the ability to choose to walk as well.
^ Discussion in the Q/A thread
^ Interview that suggested "Nay, thou shall not have walk!" and made me a sad panda.
^Older toggle walking thread I should have bumped instead of starting my own *guilt*
Instances where walking is important (feel free to add to the list):
•*Roleplay: how can you charm that snazzy Elementalist without a savvy strut to the bar?
• PvP: Nothing says "You got served" like walking up to your downed foe's helpless, limp body and delivering the Final Blow
• Precarious Balancing: Because you know, Norn are kinda tall and can't skitter across ledges the way Asura can.
• Instilling Fear in the Enemy: I'm sure you've played Bayonetta. There's something special about cat-walking with pistols towards the bad-guys.
• Taking time to relax in a beautiful environment/Explore an environment. -Amannelle (Who doesn't like long walks on the beach / forest? I know I do!)
• Pride: Cuz then I cant be sad if my toon is faster than me in real life ~ bglasner319 (This was too funny not to add)
• Everybody loves feature-length Machinima! The lack of walking could severely hinder all of our future Steven Spielberg's.
Edited by izari, 09 September 2010 - 01:24 PM.