#1 gungfu

gungfu

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PFI]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:33 PM

First thing, I suck at theory crafting.  This is a heal/support build I've thrown together for PVE, maybe some WvW.  Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

http://gw2skills.net...G5NLHGbc24txEEA

Edited by gungfu, 19 August 2012 - 01:35 PM.

#2 Tomalak2

Tomalak2

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SFRJ]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

The only thing that really matters when discussing PVE builds is the distribution of points between the trait lines. Reason for this is that you'll be constantly changing major traits, skills and weapons depending on the encounter your group is doing, and the distribution of points is the only thing you can't change on the fly. So my advice is to try and be as flexible as possible. For example, if for certain encounter it's more beneficial to use our consecrations or meditations, is your trait points distribution still useful?

That being said, I'm pretty sure I'll go 30 in Honor and 20 in Virtues as a base of my build. It allows me to buff shouts/consecrations, 2H CDs, symbols, and/or have the Absolute Resolve + Battle Presence combo for some passive group regen. The question then is what to do with the remaining 20 points, and how to distribute them, and I'm split when it comes to this between Valor and Radiance.

Anyway, there is no reasons to hurry when it comes to final traits distribution. Much of it will depend on the actual content (dungeon encounters) in the game, of which we have quite limited knowledge.

#3 gungfu

gungfu

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PFI]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

View PostTomalak2, on 19 August 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

snip

Thank you very much for the advice!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pve, heal, support