• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Irascible1

Irascible1

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

Has anyone made a study of the stats when considering critical damage  vs power damage?

It case the question is not obvious- In many builds people want to trait out other lines for different effects and will often have to choose   where to put 30 .... power or precision.

I like power for consistent damage, but dang, do I see big numbers with some crits.  and then if one gets the chance up 50%+  ...that is a lot of damage.

#2 Dalden

Dalden

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TUO]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

View PostIrascible1, on 19 August 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

Has anyone made a study of the stats when considering critical damage  vs power damage?

It case the question is not obvious- In many builds people want to trait out other lines for different effects and will often have to choose   where to put 30 .... power or precision.

I like power for consistent damage, but dang, do I see big numbers with some crits.  and then if one gets the chance up 50%+  ...that is a lot of damage.

I played around with a lot of builds in the BWEs and stress tests and online calculators and did a lot of my own hypothetical calculations. In my opinion you will get the best results from a balance and not going to extreme to either power or crit. I actually got the best damage right around 50% crit 50% crit damage and around 2800-3000 attack.  Crit damage seems like it makes the biggest difference. Making your crits go from 1.5x to 2x is huge.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: precision, critical, power, damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users