Essentially what we're looking to do is found a band of adventurers akin to the one from the novels, work everyone's individual backstory into something cohesive, and go from there. Finding RP out in the wilds outside of a guild and making ties to other members of the community can be a pain in the ass, especially in a game as new as this, and we figure getting a small group together for some occasional RP might help alleviate this to some extent.
- This is not a guild. Anyone involved in this is completely free to be guilded or unguilded. It's a loose association of adventurers and wayfarers brought together for a common purpose as well as individual goals. Nothing as structured as a guild.
- In all likely hood we would not be leveling together. While we wouldn't discourage participants from leveling with each other, any gatherings or events would likely be entirely focused on the RP aspect of things.
- We haven't decided how many people this should involve just yet, but I imagine we'll start it small and see how things go from there.
- We won't be using the "gameplay lore" as any sort of reference in our RP. What this means is that if my character is level 80 and has killed the big bad, I won't run around proclaiming myself the hero of Tyria for having done so. Why not? Because it doesn't make sense given that everyone else has also done the same thing 10, 20 times. We'll make our own story using the setting and lore given to us.
- Character Name
- Character Race
- A brief biography (emphasis on brief so as to leave room for fleshing out through RP) detailing how your character might have come to be part of such a group
- What sort of role your character might play in a group like this. Are they a scout, a tactician, a fighter, etc?
- What is your typical playtime?
- Anything else you might want to add and any questions you might have. The more information you give us the better we can work something up together.