Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Vampiric Guardian?

guardian meditation crit blood vampirism buld

  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SONNYCORLE

SONNYCORLE

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:38 AM

The idea is to be consistently absorbing health from multiple sources. (meditations, runes, sigils, traits)

This build seems solid to me in theory. It's basically a standard 3 meditations build. Utilizing all the meditation traits in the Valor tree.

* Meditations recharge 20% faster
* Meditation skills are instant
* Meditation skills heal you

6 superior runes of vampirism on gear.

Sigil of superior of blood on the main hand weapon. (30% chance to steal life on crit. Should be often with a 69% crit chance.)

1h sword/shield as main weapon set for high crits, mobility and survivability. Sceptre/focus for range option, immobilize, and blockl.

So the build has high crit chance, multiple incoming heals, condition removals, and good mobility. But lacks condition damage, cc, and stability.

Anyone have any thoughts/input?

Build here.

#2 bloodronin

bloodronin

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 617 posts
  • Location:MD
  • Guild Tag:[FPP]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:47 AM

View PostSONNYCORLE, on 21 August 2012 - 04:38 AM, said:

The idea is to be consistently absorbing health from multiple sources. (meditations, runes, sigils, traits)

This build seems solid to me in theory. It's basically a standard 3 meditations build. Utilizing all the meditation traits in the Valor tree.

* Meditations recharge 20% faster
* Meditation skills are instant
* Meditation skills heal you

6 superior runes of vampirism on gear.

Sigil of superior of blood on the main hand weapon. (30% chance to steal life on crit. Should be often with a 69% crit chance.)

1h sword/shield as main weapon set for high crits, mobility and survivability. Sceptre/focus for range option, immobilize, and blockl.

So the build has high crit chance, multiple incoming heals, condition removals, and good mobility. But lacks condition damage, cc, and stability.

Anyone have any thoughts/input?

Build here.
sadly vaprirsm is still bugged, although I am curious to see how much the healing it does is though, also use leeching over air, it gives a guaranteed 1k hp on weapon swap, and I would take hold the line over COP and use shouts are reduced by 20 percent trait. would add a little to ur survial, in the alpha server they changed ji to be instant, so you can change the focused mind trait to purity for extra condition removal.

#3 Aodan

Aodan

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 1616 posts
  • Location:California

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:29 AM

Unless your taking 3 meditation utilities get rid of meditations are reduced CD by 20% and pick up Purity or Precision.

#4 ZCKS

ZCKS

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1429 posts
  • Location:The ass end of nowhere... AKA Kansas
  • Guild Tag:[TG]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

View PostAodan, on 21 August 2012 - 06:29 AM, said:

Unless your taking 3 meditation utilities get rid of meditations are reduced CD by 20% and pick up Purity or Precision.

This ^.

Also they recently changed a few meditations to be instant. So that focued mind trait is not really needed.

#5 mazut

mazut

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:50 AM

Looks ok to me, but I think the health steal is to low to make a bigger difference.

#6 SONNYCORLE

SONNYCORLE

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

I do plan on taking 3 meditation skills, and two of them have condition removal. So I don't think I need Purity as well... Do I?

As long as Judges Intervention is instant, I'd  probably drop Focused Mind.

#7 indure

indure

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

Those vampire runes have a 16 second internal cooldown on a 5% proc? Not worth it IMO. The mist form on 6 is weak as well and I have heard that if you get hit for over 10% of your life at low life you die before the mist can proc (plus 60 sec internal cooldown). Keep in mind most classes have about 20k life = 2k at 10% which is many DPS classes' autoattack crit.

#8 MattVid

MattVid

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

View PostZCKS, on 21 August 2012 - 09:51 AM, said:

Also they recently changed a few meditations to be instant. So that focued mind trait is not really needed.
Instant cast has nothing to do with the cool down of the ability. Why would taking a -20% cool down trait "not be needed" because the meditations are instant cast? It is modifying something completely different ...





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guardian, meditation, crit, blood, vampirism, buld

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users