could really use the advice

#62 Chubtoad

Chubtoad

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

http://gw2skills.net...JbTumkNtEZ0x0DA

condition based, still not 100% sure on the traits but i love me some glamour skills :P  does anybody happen to know how much extra duration the trait temporal enchanter actually gives?

#63 Angrymime

Angrymime

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:46 PM

Been playing with the balanced phantasm build a bit in PvE to get used to it and initially, I'm really liking it.  I've given up on mesmer several times but I keep coming back trying new approaches.  I'm trying to get a feel for playing  sword/pistol and scepter/sword in your build.  It's funny how you can't use the same sword for the swap if you want.

Haven't tried any sPvP yet since I'm still trying to learn the skills.  Any suggestions for some beginner skill rotations for this build?  I would imagine you want to get both sword/pistol phantasms up asap.

#64 kirinichibon

kirinichibon

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:00 PM

I wanted to get away from the typical power builds and try life without pistol or moa. This staff/GS build turned out to be very fun - occasionally swapping in defender or null field. It's a bit of a glass cannon, but constantly casting illusions is pretty fun. Time warp is amazing if a couple teammates are nearby.

#65 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:17 PM

Ranged mobile powerbuild without staff. Focus is get alot of clones up but dont be afraid to shatter em if there is a good moment for it. Try stay at some range by use of blink decoy and stealth field + gs 5#.

http://gw2skills.net...HLOOck4sqYIymAA

I just cang get friendly with the staff, and as many of our high trait skills is based on daze and glamourfields I feel i need to alternative my build some to be effective. Amulett is to get some survivability.

Build is in my opinon good in wvwvw but then i change some utility and use focus instead of pistol

#66 Coaxke4361

Coaxke4361

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

I saw the Phant build and its similiar to one ive specced out ( live of course not a beta build). Wanted to toss it out there.

http://gw2skills.net...toyxkjIHbOuck5A

Basiclly i work around Condition Damage, but through Phantasms. . The Main Difference in the Phant build posted is i dont go as far down in the Inspiration tree. and dont rely on mantas for healing.

Instead i pick up Illusions Bleed on crit and focus on Crit and Condi damage. while still grabbing Illusions do 15% in domination.  Now since i always have a persistant wave of clones attacking, they to allso will benifit from the crit bleeding, + the 15% more to illusions will effect the bleed phantasms AND  clones apply.....then with a mix of the leaping clone ) from sword) which will stack vulnerability, and the staff clone causing random conditions + the mix of the Pistol Phants high rate of fire of adding crits, then the warlocks more damamge per condition. it makes for a really nice build of damage.

Also dodging to gain clones when im low works wonders, get a few bleeds  summon some phants shater when low health dodge some more ect.

Side note i have actually put this build through the test and i seem prettyt content with it, gives me the buffs i want, the damage i need, and dodging  to grant a cloneaway and doing decoy right after is an amazing tool.

so all in all i think 15% damage to clones and phants + bleed on crit condition build works better FOR ME then the 15%/ to C and P and 15% to P from the Phantam build listed.

Sorry for run on senetences ect.

thx and let me know guys !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pvp, builds, condition, phantasm, warden, mantra

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users