Alright, so... as a guild leader, out of all my concerns for my members at launch, (i.e. members not being able to create characters if our server is "Full", guild fragmentation across servers as a result, etc.), the biggest question that I have is how do guilds work in terms of server transfers. I understand that members can belong to multiple guilds across different servers, and that players can "guest" in order to play PvE and PvP (but not WvW, which is important because my guild plans to play a lot of that). But what I really want to know is:
If you're the leader of a guild, and you transfer servers, what happens to the guild?
- Does the guild completely disappear if the leader transfers?
- Does the leadership simply pass to the next highest officer on that server if the leader does transfer?
- Or are guilds more global in GW2, and everything about it transfers wherever the leader goes?
- If so, does all of the guild's progress (upgrades, emblem, roster) remain in tact upon transferring?
I'm basically just looking to know whether:
- I need to choose a permanent server for my guild, one that we want to be on for WvW purposes, since transferring the guild (through me) would erase any guild progress/upgrades, OR
- I can choose a lower population server for my guild to join at launch so that everyone can get on and play WvW together and then transfer the guild to our chosen server once populations settle down.
Can anyone help put my fears to rest by answering any of these questions? I appreciate any information I can get. Thanks.
Edited by Steel Legend, 22 August 2012 - 12:22 AM.