7 replies to this topic

#1 Ewsick

Ewsick

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

Specifically "On weapon swap" sigils.

Consider the Sigil of Superior Battle. You gain 3 stacks of Might for 20s when you swap to this weapon in combat.

Why does this not work on an engineer. The wording does not specify that you have to swap to this weapon from another weapon.

According to wiki, like the elementalists, we dont have the "swap" mechanic. However we are still using the same key to swap from a kit to our weapon that the other 6 professions with 2 weapon sets use to rotate.

All they would have to do is state something along the lines of "...this effect has a 10s cooldown.." or something.

:qq:

It annoys me because as it stands the kits (generally speaking) are useless and are only ever incorporated at a substantial penalty to another area of your play style. Sometimes to good effect, often not.

So why are we then left in the shade wrt to sigils and such.

Can guarantee you that come launch the majority of engineers wont be bothering with kits until there are improvements and thus running with 5 weapons skills. Whilst Elementalists are rolling with 20 and the rest of the field 10.

As it stands, Ide take weapon swaps over kits anyday.

#2 RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

I can understand that the problem is that engineer's kits can be freely swapped between. Other classes have a cooldown (10? 20? seconds), between weapon swaps. Take for example a warrior swaps to a weapon with superior battle - he gains 20 seconds of might, but now he is stuck with this weapon for a short while. Deciding when to swap is important.

Part of engineers class ability, is that our kits unlike true weapons can be swapped between in seconds. If every time we swapped kits, we procced the swap bonuses, it'd become very OP very fast unless they add another internal cooldown

Edited by RyuujinZERO, 22 August 2012 - 12:20 PM.

#3 Ewsick

Ewsick

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

So why not add a 10s cooldown? Would result in no discernible penalty to other classes and would allow us access to an additional 7 Sigils

#4 Tyridius

Tyridius

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BT]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

View PostEwsick, on 22 August 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

So why not add a 10s cooldown? Would result in no discernible penalty to other classes and would allow us access to an additional 7 Sigils

Are you kidding? Because that would totally change the way the engineer plays and works. Having no cooldown on the kits is way better than any sigil.

#5 Ewsick

Ewsick

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

Implying that the 10s cool down was applied to the sigils themselves

#6 rrkrueck

rrkrueck

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AMN]
  • Server:Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:43 PM

I was playing engineer in sPVP the entire stress test. I tried many different builds, Elixir Gun/Elixir support, Flamethrower/Rifle support, Pistols Condition, etc. One thing I did notice was the less sigils for the engineer.

Also, however, when i was doing a precision/condition build, there were no good runes with a precision/condition combination. The Rune of the Theif was the only viable one, but the #6 buff on the rune was specific to the theif, close range or flanked or something like that.

I dont even remember what the engineer specific rune was.

I think I ended up using a toughness/condition rune (which didnt make sense either because I was speced high in vitality, so I would have rather had vitality and condition damage than toughness.) I eventually ended up just taking the rune of the Theif, even if the #6 buff didnt help.

I am not a fan of the #6 buffs on the runes, some of them are too specific to class and limit their usage. (for instance one is +10% to fear) but was great for condition builds. Isnt necro the only class with fear?

#7 Tyridius

Tyridius

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BT]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:48 PM

Oh! My bad. Yeah, 10 sec on the sigils would not be bad.

#8 Takkik

Takkik

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

the thief rune rk 6 add +10% dmg when attacking behind a foe, still possible with an engi. With the runes, you can still mix 2 or more runes et get at least 2 rk 3 bonus.
There is lot of possibilities with the runes, it's more the amulets choices that I hate. Missing some combinaisons, and it's the biggest source of stats.

For weapon swap, the problem to add an internal cooldown to sigils swap, it's that classes have acces to ways for reduce the swap cooldown if I remember well. Would feel confusing to not get your bonus when weapon swap :/ Specialy for stuff like first attack 100% critic, with no way to see the CD it would become really hard to use I think.

But my question would be: Does sigil work with kits now? Even the basic ones?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engineer, sigils

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users