I'd put things like that in an invisible loot bag. They're quite easy to make and guards items from being emptied to your vault.
I don't think I've come across those yet. Thank you very much! I'll have to keep an eye out for that option. ♥
I had another thought!!! (Oh, geez!) ANet said they added the chest system, because players like to click on things. Or something to that effect. Why not create a loot queue while you're battling, and when you drop out of combat, a chest or bag drops at your feet with ALL your accumulated loot.
(1) ONE loot click per battle
(2) Less missed loot
(3) No need to quick loot in battle so it doesn't disappear (not sure if this is actually an issue, but corpse HAS to disappear eventually)
(4) Better loot management. You get to see it all at once, not one corpse at a time. Even better when your inventory is filling up. You don't have to go back and drop junk because you looted the "Epic Greatsword of Killing Stuff" last. Bonus points for not having to do the same MID battle.
(1) In big DEs you may drop combat several times moving back and forth between mob spawns, making more chest to retrieve......however it's still better than corpse running now...........PRO maybe?
(2) Less RP-ish. Magic chests generally don't appear after you kill stuff.
Or we can just have all loot distributed by a ghostly woman NPC who resides at the bottom of the nearest body of water.
Bonus points if she only hands out swords.
Edited by Reason on Cooldown, 23 August 2012 - 01:29 AM.