4 replies to this topic

#1 Philwill

Philwill

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:15 AM

In GW2 what are the stats that a pvp-specced to on goes for?
Crits, health-pool, vitality?
Just wondered because I do intend to split my play time between PvE and WvWvW.

Thanks!

#2 Proudfoot

Proudfoot

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:06 AM

Every stat is useful in PvP. It entirely depends on your build. But don't worry about choosing one stat over another; all PvP gear is free and can be swapped out by going to a vendor in the Heart of the Mists. You can do whatever you want with your PvE gear and it won't limit or affect your PvP options.

Edit: Oh, WvW? Nevermind the "free" part, then. Still, all the stats are useful. It just depends on what you want to build towards with your given profession.

Edited by Proudfoot, 23 August 2012 - 06:08 AM.

#3 Vayra86

Vayra86

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:40 AM

From what I've been able to test in the BWE's and stress tests, it works best if you tailor your entire build to a 'principle'. Everything can work - if you want to go for high condition damage and resilience to wear the foe out, you focus on increasing toughness/vit and condition damage stats. If you go for burst, you will want to focus on crit chance and damage + power.

All in all, there is an incredible amount of freedom within each class.

#4 Philwill

Philwill

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

Okey doke, I was just wondering. My primary focus is gonna be PvE but I'd like to able to do some sort of PvP and be in a position to contribute to whatever team format I'm on at the time. I didn't know how viable each of the Trait-lines is in regards to the stats that they boost etc.

Thanks!

#5 SlevinKelevra

SlevinKelevra

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

View PostPhilwill, on 23 August 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

Okey doke, I was just wondering. My primary focus is gonna be PvE but I'd like to able to do some sort of PvP and be in a position to contribute to whatever team format I'm on at the time. I didn't know how viable each of the Trait-lines is in regards to the stats that they boost etc.

Thanks!

you will come up with that by yourself after you get used to everything youll find out whats good in combination with runes build traits etc.
maybe youre going 2 armor sets. buy a cheap one for WvW to build your "PvP" build on it, and another one for PvE
In 90% it will become less efectiv when  going 1set for both game types

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users