• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 OIMOIM

OIMOIM

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:25 AM

when i log in from launcher, i got a black screen and gw2.exe no response.
i cant select anything only i can listen is music.

Intel core i5-2500 @ 3.30GHz

8GB ram

GTX 670 with driver 304.79 beta

anyone got black screen too?

#2 genecalypse

genecalypse

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:54 AM

are you forcing AA or anything through drivers? that might be it

#3 OIMOIM

OIMOIM

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:33 AM

nothing special on it...just getting black screen with standard setting

#4 Vashino

Vashino

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:54 PM

I see the thread on google, because i had the same problem and i resolved it from myself and i want to help who is stucked like i was. Probably u have modified the gamma value, u can resolve this issue going on the nvidia panel, 3d settings, look for the gw2 application and on the voice gamma correction put disable.

#5 Vashino

Vashino

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:11 PM

View PostVashino, on 26 August 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

I see the thread on google, because i had the same problem and i resolved it from myself and i want to help who is stucked like i was. Probably u have modified the gamma value, u can resolve this issue going on the nvidia panel, 3d settings, look for the gw2 application and on the voice gamma correction put disable.
sorry i've found the problem, for all possessors of the nvidia gigabyte gtx 600 series with gigabyte software OC GURU. If you have the software opened you are not able to launch the game, hope they fix the problem in future.

Close the software and you are able to play the game.
Regards

#6 mufridstyle

mufridstyle

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

I have the same problem, i use NVIDIA 7300 GS 301.41 update.
I dont know if i have OC GURU, i cant seem to find it on my computer, i think i have the BIOS gigabyte software.
I really dont know what to do, please help me if you know the solution to this.

#7 Vashino

Vashino

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

View Postmufridstyle, on 01 September 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

I have the same problem, i use NVIDIA 7300 GS 301.41 update.
I dont know if i have OC GURU, i cant seem to find it on my computer, i think i have the BIOS gigabyte software.
I really dont know what to do, please help me if you know the solution to this.

I think your problem is different; your video card is too old, is impossible to play guildwars 2 with a 7300 gs .

#8 Altynay

Altynay

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:52 AM

"Too old?" System requirements are only 256MB VRAM and Shaders v. 3 support.

#9 ethreal0101

ethreal0101

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:03 AM

View PostAltynay, on 02 September 2012 - 03:52 AM, said:

"Too old?" System requirements are only 256MB VRAM and Shaders v. 3 support.

Yea but that card will not cut it, and i suspect your have an older cpu since you have that card, probably a dual core, which will not cut it either.

I have a quad core and a gtx 560 and I can barely run the game. Theres no way in hell you can run this game well enough to play it with that card.

#10 mufridstyle

mufridstyle

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

View Postethreal0101, on 02 September 2012 - 04:03 AM, said:

Yea but that card will not cut it, and i suspect your have an older cpu since you have that card, probably a dual core, which will not cut it either.

I have a quad core and a gtx 560 and I can barely run the game. Theres no way in hell you can run this game well enough to play it with that card.

Thank you so much.
So what would you suggest, would i be able to play if i buy another graphic card? or is it the whole computer which is too old? It's 5 years old also.... but is my luck really out with this computer? is there nothing i can do?

#11 ethreal0101

ethreal0101

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

View Postmufridstyle, on 02 September 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

Thank you so much.
So what would you suggest, would i be able to play if i buy another graphic card? or is it the whole computer which is too old? It's 5 years old also.... but is my luck really out with this computer? is there nothing i can do?

Well, I need to know your processor, and your motherboard, and your ram. Since the computer is 5 years old, I can almost promise you that you will need to buy a new one.

Simply buying a new video card wouldnt work because even if you bought a high end video card, your older processor would bottleneck it very badly. Making it virtually useless. And at the present time guildwars 2 is almost 100% CPU bound. Meaning most of the work falls on the CPU when running the game. And if yours is 5 years old, then thats just not going to work.

Your going to need to buy a new PC. Sorry man.

#12 mufridstyle

mufridstyle

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:01 PM

View Postethreal0101, on 02 September 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

Well, I need to know your processor, and your motherboard, and your ram. Since the computer is 5 years old, I can almost promise you that you will need to buy a new one.

Simply buying a new video card wouldnt work because even if you bought a high end video card, your older processor would bottleneck it very badly. Making it virtually useless. And at the present time guildwars 2 is almost 100% CPU bound. Meaning most of the work falls on the CPU when running the game. And if yours is 5 years old, then thats just not going to work.

Thank you so much for telling me this, i had no clue guild wars 2 was such a demanding game. But i thank you for telling me, i had no clue what was going on! And it's okay, seems like i'm going to get a new pc then hehe, atleast i know the issue now!! :-)

View Postethreal0101, on 02 September 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

And btw, my pc has the Intel Core 2 Duo processor support, and S series motherboard.
It also says GA-945P-S3 on the box that came with the pc, if that code gives you any information about the pc

View Postmufridstyle, on 02 September 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

Thank you so much for telling me this, i had no clue guild wars 2 was such a demanding game. But i thank you for telling me, i had no clue what was going on! And it's okay, seems like i'm going to get a new pc then hehe, atleast i know the issue now!! :-)

And btw, my pc has the Intel Core 2 Duo processor support, and S series motherboard.
It also says GA-945P-S3 on the box that came with the pc, if that code gives you any information about the pc
S3 series motherboard

#13 halfelfpaladin

halfelfpaladin

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

View PostVashino, on 26 August 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

People this helps, atleast it solved my problem, thanks alot!

#14 Oryn Wren

Oryn Wren

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ECHO]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

So I'm having a similar issue.  The first time I try to run GW2 it goes to a black screen, no music, no graphics, nothing.  If I ctrl+alt+del and end gw2 task, then re run the client I can log in.  It's weird because it's like every second time I try to run it works.  I've updated all of my drivers, I'm not using the guru overclocker thingy...not sure aside from re-installing but I'd rather not since I can play it's just annoying!

#15 Mr.Kotte

Mr.Kotte

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Soap]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

Have you checked to make sure your GPU is running at full speed? I know for certain games for me atleast, when my GPU was running on x1, I couldn't even start them. I got stuck on a black screen.

Edited by Mr.Kotte, 08 December 2012 - 02:30 PM.

#16 Oryn Wren

Oryn Wren

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:51 AM

The issue is not with hardware.  It's a software issue...The game worked flawlessly before the Lost Shores update, however, ever since then I've had this issue.  It's only happens on my first launch of the game, no matter how long I wait it will not load.  Once I "End Task" it and re-Launch everything is Tickety Boo.

#17 Mr.Kotte

Mr.Kotte

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:29 AM

View Postreticle2020, on 12 December 2012 - 03:51 AM, said:

The issue is not with hardware.  It's a software issue...The game worked flawlessly before the Lost Shores update, however, ever since then I've had this issue.  It's only happens on my first launch of the game, no matter how long I wait it will not load.  Once I "End Task" it and re-Launch everything is Tickety Boo.
I was answering OP, but now seeing his post being really old, I'll answer you :P
I'm assuming you've tried to check all files using both -repair and -image parameters? Have you removed any obsolete/possibly interfering files from the \Guild Wars 2\ path?

#18 Oryn Wren

Oryn Wren

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

lol thanks Mr.Kotte!  I haven't tried that, I will run both of those and report back!

#19 Oryn Wren

Oryn Wren

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

So tried the -repair and -image parameters to no avail.  I also completely reinstalled the client.  Still no love!  I've tried resetting all of the 3D settings in my nVidia control panel and still nothing.  It's such a weird issue because it only happens once in a while.  Basically the first time I try to run the client.  :S

#20 Mr.Kotte

Mr.Kotte

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

What files do you have in your install directory?
Also please check how fast your GPU is running with GPU-Z so I can get it off my mind, cause this really, really sounds like what I experienced not more then 2 weeks ago.

Check PCIe link state management under power options and if its turned on, turn it off. Or try running another game intensly for 5-10 minutes, close the game and start GW2 (immediately). See if the same problem occurs.

#21 Killyox

Killyox

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3120 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[InVi]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

View PostOIMOIM, on 23 August 2012 - 05:25 AM, said:

when i log in from launcher, i got a black screen and gw2.exe no response.
i cant select anything only i can listen is music.

Intel core i5-2500 @ 3.30GHz

8GB ram

GTX 670 with driver 304.79 beta

anyone got black screen too?

try waiting 3 minutes. Loading time on it recently got pretty long

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: black screen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users