Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:04 PM
2. The first time I entered the Black Citadel. I spent a lot of time just staring at the glint of sunlight off the metal walkways.
3. My kids (3 and 6) saying, "Is that a badguy?" every time I passed a Charr player.
4. The first time I entered WvW and ran around the walls of Stonemist raining fire down on the enemy.
5. The first time I was part of a sucessful taking of a keep in WvW.
6. Finding caverns in the basement of the bandit house outside of Divinity's Reach, and feeling a sense of trepidation about entering them.
7. Playing around with the character creator for hours. The Charr fur patterns. Sylvari bioluminescence. Making the perfect Gremlin Asura.
8. Seeing clones of my character pop up everywhere while playing a Mesmer for the first time.
9. Running around WvW alone, feeling very vulnerable, and duking it out with an Engineer on my Elementalist. 1v1, out in the middle of nowhere, and we couldn't seem to kill each other. Eventually, after a very long battle, he won.
10. Realizing at some point that I had vastly outleveled the area I was in with my Guardian, but that the downleveling kept everything fun so I hadn't noticed.
Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:07 PM
Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:15 PM
2. Using judge's intervention + Banish from Guardian Hammer for the killing blow on a asuran..........brings a smile to my face every time
3. Character creation on the first day of BWE1.............seriously, that felt amazing
and last but not least, 4. Being DECIMATED by the flame shaman in BWE1, and then reaching that moment of clarity when I realized what exactly it was that was causing this allowing me to act accordingly and survive the entire fight the second time.
Edited by Aizea, 24 August 2012 - 03:18 PM.
Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:20 PM
LOL that was so confusing for me. I was playing with my uncle and cousin and i was like hey I am going to go check out those bears over there (we were on vent) So then i see about 10 of them running towards me and the DE text pops up saying "take out the bears." So i turned around, and ran and yelled into vent "HEY YALL WE GOT SOME MAD BEARS COMING OUR WAY GO GO GO GOOOOOOO" cause they had started walking over to where i was. it was hilarious and epic and we ended up winning
Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:05 AM
Edited by ee88x, 25 August 2012 - 12:08 AM.
Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:07 AM
Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:10 AM
Edited by Yoyo hakusho, 25 August 2012 - 12:11 AM.
Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:17 AM
Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:18 AM
Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:40 AM
1. My server (Eternal Grove) defeating the keep lord of/capturing Stonemist and all cheering in chat the exact moment the event ended and server went down.
2. In a sPvP match fighting a thief and guardian 2 v 1 with me as Mesmer. Was hard pressed and skin of teeth whole time with the node being near their respawn, had to kill them 3 times before could get out of there.
3. Finding and climbing Loreclaw Expanse for the first time. Met 4 other people who were doing it also, helped each other up it over the course of roughly 2 hours. Ended with a hard boss fight, not the Shadow Skelk there is another much harder boss who can spawn instead, that we wiped to a few times. Then finding the way to access the real treasure chest the journal hinted at. Also had some portal induced laughs on accident.
Edited by Crystalis, 25 August 2012 - 12:40 AM.
Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:48 AM
At first beta weekend I was strolling through Queensdale with my ranger, when a wild Champion Cave Troll appeared. I don't remember my level, but I was quite experienced with the game mechanics already. The place was desert, except for another ranger. We, together, engaged the Troll with our longbows, and he was as good as me. We dodged, pushed, summoned spirits and commanded our pets in perfect harmony. I remember a particular moment when he went downed and I pushed the Troll with Point Blank, sent my pet to distract it, summoned a spirit between the Troll and us and rallied him. It was a beautiful, long and rewarding fight.
After all this, with a big smile on my face, I stood still for a moment, thinking "what the hell just happened, that was the most amazing thing I ever done in a game, finally someone did what I was looking for ages".
Unfortunately, we parted ways without a word after the Troll was defeated.
It was on Fort Aspenwood, and if you are reading this, I want to play with you again!
Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:39 AM
trying out a human, that part where you get to the farm with hay stacks and you can pick up water. i saw this guy dancing naked on a hay stack. i joined. we then proceeded to get people to join us. this one guy had a deer costume and said "isn't a party without a deer" and i was like whoa that deer can talk! then another guy came and started pouring water on us and was like "wet tshirt contest!"
but there were no girls. so we started yelling at girls to come over and get naked. this one girl said "i'm not a *rhymes with store*" and we just laughed cause she took it very seriously.
Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:45 AM
Then there was the end of the beta events, where almost everyone would hurry to the designated place and just stand there in anticipation while they waited for the event to start. And when they did begin, it was pretty amazing (though laggy) to look at the minimap and see the thousands of dots all surging in one direction. Everyone was really friendly and whenever somebody died, it'd only take a few seconds before someone'd noticed and poof! They were back on their feet. No one was left behind, and when the event was over, all of us remained in the area and despite the fact that for some people it was like 5 am in the morning, everyone refused to log out the game and we all just stood there, spamming chat with nothing in particular.
Basically, I think that being able to just be a part of all the excitement during these beta events was the best memory one could have, and a reward itself.
Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:02 AM
Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:11 AM
Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:13 AM
Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:18 AM
Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:22 AM
Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:26 AM
The worst was when it ended two seconds later and my character got wiped.
Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:58 PM
Guard: If you reached the firing range you walked too far.
Visitor: Huh? You have a firing range next to a tavern???
Guard: There was only one death this week!
I nearly fell off my chair laughing, seeing the visitor visibly recoil after hearing how close a firing rage was to the tavern he looked for! Unfortunately I don't have a screenshot, I was too busy laughing my ass off to press print.
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: memory, moment, best
The Colosseum - PvP Discussion →
Stonemist Castle →
The Gathering - General Discussion →
Questions & Answers →
Into the Recesses - Off-Topic →
Gamer's Lair →
The Pavilion - Community Content →
Lyssa's Mirror →
Into the Recesses - Off-Topic →
Gamer's Lair →
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users