3 replies to this topic

#1 MahouKami

MahouKami

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

hello all.

I've become interested in playing as an elementalist. I was originally going for mesmer, but i want to try out a more aoe based class, so im going with elementalist.

Im not sure how im supposed to approach this class, because normally elementalists are the glass cannons of games. But in GW2 you can pretty much make anyway you want and still have some success!

So im looking at making an elementalist that focuses on bleed damage, vulnerability, toughness and healing, along with a heavy chilling focus. Im hoping the end result will give me a tanky ranged class that can assist my team as well as crowd control while chipping away at the enemy's health.

take a look and let me know what you think. Any advice is appreciated.

http://gw2skills.net...IrNObk2MM4YwkCA

Edited by MahouKami, 23 August 2012 - 11:07 AM.

#2 BlackDevil95

BlackDevil95

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:06 AM

View PostMahouKami, on 23 August 2012 - 10:42 AM, said:

hello all.

I've become interested in playing as an elementalist. I was originally going for mesmer, but i want to try out a more aoe based class, so im going with elementalist.

Im not sure how im supposed to approach this class, because normally elementalists are the glass cannons of games. But in GW2 you can pretty much make anyway you want and still have some success!

So im looking at making an elementalist that focuses on bleed damage, toughness and healing, along with a heavy chilling focus. Im hoping the end result will give me a tanky ranged class that can assist my team as well as crowd control while chipping away at the enemy's health.

take a look and let me know what you think. Any advice is appreciated.

http://gw2skills.net...IrNObk2MM4YwkCA

Hm.. The only skills you're going to deal damage with is eruption and flame burst. Since you don't got the major trait to inprove the radius of staff skills, the radius will be REALLY small and since the eruption got a really long casting time to apply the bleeds you'll probably miss it 9 out of 10 times on enemy's.

If you want to go condition damage, why do you want to do so much vurnability then? It's not like the condition damage will do more damage if your enemy got vurnability.

Your surviveability with only 14k hp is really low. You'll probably be first target in a group and 1vs1 will be almost impossible. The damage you want to do is near impossible because most people just avoid your condition damage or remove it once they get it.

If you really want to go condition damage, then go S/F. As for staff, you could use my build which is pretty good based on condition damage, but I could also make your build a bit better if you want that. Just tell me what you really want.

#3 Kurvusina

Kurvusina

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

Sorry to say this,  but this build is completely senseless. Nothing adds up. In Air u take Shooting winds which gives u 50 extra healing power, which is a joke. You go 300 in Earth with 2 bleed traits and you have 1 bleed in your build and u take signet mastery with only 1 signet equiped. Then u take Shooting wave which gives u regeneration and u have staff, which is the weapon u can have perma regen on you without that. U also take Icy mist which is total crap trait. And in the end u go full condition build with weapon (Staff) that has 2 skills that apply conditions.

#4 EatThisShoe

EatThisShoe

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:49 PM

Basically what you need to know to rework this build is this: Direct damage is all regulated by power and +% damage traits all improve only direct damage, this also applies to vulnerability. If you don't have a significant amount of power, like atleast 1800ish your DD will be abysmal and you shouldn't take +% damage traits because it's a lost cause, you can get something else instead.

Condition damage is totally separate, it only influences your bleed and burn (and poison/confusion if you have any from runes/sigils) damage. To increase your conditions you can only use +duration and condition damage, so those traits and sigils and the likes are best.

Your original build goal is actually very possible, this particular build just needs some updating based on the mechanics of the game that you were probably unaware of. Do be aware however that since vulnerability wont improve your damage much, any vulnerability you do take will be solely for the purpose of supporting your allies. Also vulnerability is not incredibly strong in PvP unless you can stack a lot of it very fast. If you dropped the emphasis on vulnerability and focused on bleeds, healing, and toughness I think you could create a stronger build.

Edited by EatThisShoe, 23 August 2012 - 12:49 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: elementalist, build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users