• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Anthraxian

Anthraxian

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

I have done everything to try and resolve this issue.

Set my router firewall to the lowest setting.
Turned off AVG.
Forwarded the ports GW2 requires.

Same thing, every time I try and download the client I get this message.

I am so pissed off I spent 79 bucks for a game I can't even download.

Please advise.

#2 Bahadur

Bahadur

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

First, do these few things in AVG:

Go on Tools ->Firewall Settings -> system services -> find the object called 'Branchecache/Windows remote management' and set it to allow for all.

Next do this:
Tools -> Firewall Settings -> system services -> click the button 'manage user system rules' -> click add. Set direction to 'Out' - local ports to 'unrestricted ports (1024 - 65535) - next set remote ports to user selected and type in these at the bottom '80,443,6112,6600'.
Last, set remote address to 'All networks'.
Type in Guild Wars 2 in rule detail name for reference.

try that, that's how i got my client to download the game and play it.

hope it helps.

Edited by Bahadur, 23 August 2012 - 09:21 PM.

#3 Anthraxian

Anthraxian

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:16 AM

Oh my god dude - you rule.

This needs to be STICKIED!!!

Thank you so much for your help!

As a side note to the devs - AVG is one of the most common firewalls used. You really need to get on the ball and write your downloader code to trigger AVG to do this automatically....

#4 PsychLogic

PsychLogic

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:26 AM

Wanted to respond to this to bump it.

It fixed it for me and I'm sure there are other people with the same problem.

#5 Spadedglade

Spadedglade

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:43 AM

I had this problem and fixed it by taking off my avg firewall.

So i assume its some sort of protection our computers have against gw2, where it did not have this problem against gw1... or even in betas.. which is odd.

Edited by Spadedglade, 25 August 2012 - 06:44 AM.

#6 Kirk

Kirk

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:45 AM

AVG sucks.

Use avast!

I had AVG once upon a time and it always used to give me problems, I switched to avast which is another free anti-virus and haven't had a problem since.

- Sorry for a bit off topic.

Edited by Kirk, 25 August 2012 - 06:45 AM.

#7 Coolblue1988

Coolblue1988

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:47 PM

I am having the same issue, had it both with my beta install and now trying a fresh install of the client. I'm running Windows 7.

- I tryed running it as admin, and as compadabillity mode.
- Windows Firewall is off.
- I use McAfee, looks like I have it unblocked.

Despite my best efforts still nothing. Any help or ideas would be greatly appriciated!

#8 Zynn

Zynn

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

There appears to be a new patch that my launcher is trying to download, but downloads 1KB then I get
"Connection error(s) detected. Retrying.." any ideas what this could be? :S we've just had a new hub put in and a couple of upgrades, but nothing that should be causing this...we previously had router+modem which has been replaced, though I doubt that changes anything relating to this

Edited by Zynn, 25 August 2012 - 01:52 PM.

#9 MrKGado

MrKGado

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

It is happening to mostly everybody (if not everybody) at the moment.

#10 Jairyn

Jairyn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1141 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BAMF]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

I believe their login server is down, several people are experiencing this atm. They promise they're working on it on twitter.

#11 Coolblue1988

Coolblue1988

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:54 PM

That was the error I was getting before now that I;m trying a fresh install its moved on to "Download Failed! Please check your internet connection and try again."
Its really annoying not being able to play on release but no so much as a hiccup during the stress test and BWE.

#12 geala

geala

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Server:Elona Reach

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:56 PM

It's Anets fault. It's the same for many peoples, might be not your system. Maybe the traffic to the servers is too much or something else. Such a bad start.

#13 Jairyn

Jairyn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1141 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BAMF]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

Happens to every MMO. I thought last night was too good to be true. Sure enough: early morning wakeup call.

#14 JesusWhyICantPlay

JesusWhyICantPlay

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:10 PM

Connection erro detected
before i was getting erro 42x

Guild Wars 2@GuildWars2

At present our server team are working on the underlying problems that are causing login issues, thank you for your continued patience ^AT

#15 Coolblue1988

Coolblue1988

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

Ahhh, now for the truly timeless game... The Waiting Game!

#16 JesusWhyICantPlay

JesusWhyICantPlay

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:06 PM

now is downloading the new patch

#17 KRDM

KRDM

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:41 AM

I've been banging my head against this for a few days now. The NVIDIA settings change worked like a champ... Thanks!

#18 TwistedDNA

TwistedDNA

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

View PostBahadur, on 23 August 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

Go on Tools ->Firewall Settings -> system services -> find the object called 'Branchecache/Windows remote management' and set it to allow for all.

Next do this:
Tools -> Firewall Settings -> system services -> click the button 'manage user system rules' -> click add. Set direction to 'Out' - local ports to 'unrestricted ports (1024 - 65535) - next set remote ports to user selected and type in these at the bottom '80,443,6112,6600'.

hope it helps.
That fixed it for me you sir are a god and i sacrafice my enemies on the battle field to you!

#19 Bahadur

Bahadur

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

View PostAnthraxian, on 24 August 2012 - 04:16 AM, said:

-snip-

View PostTwistedDNA, on 28 August 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

-snip-

I'll be honest, i didn't figure this out, truly by myself. I kind of pieced together a load of information from a mass of different google searches, and i finally got something that seemed to get AVG to behave.

But yeah, glad it helped you both out.
Pay it forward and all that :)

#20 ianmw

ianmw

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

Thanks for your concise and accurate explanation which solved the problem. I'm concerned how this affects the future operation of AVG. Do I have to leave those settings in permanently, or can I remove them once the game is up and running?

A much bigger question, however, is what is this problem doing here in the first place? Is it too much to expect that a piece of new software will run the way it is supposed to? Is it too much to expect that it will be tested before it is released? AVG is pretty widespread - I've used it in professional edition for over 10 years now with never a problem. Do the software writers/puiblishers have Q/A departments? If not, why not? If they do, then what are they doing for their money?

Read criticisms of Rift Wars and SWTOR and they can almost be swapped word for word - poor support, ignorant, unthinking, arrogant and careless - inability or unwillingness to fix bugs - failure to test content properly. Is GW2 going to go the same way? Don't these companies realise what a terrible reputation it gives them, and once they've got such a reputation, how hard it is to shift? Or don't they care? Is the bottom line simply to be found in the accounting department, and as long as they make enough money, who cares about the quality of the product?

I worked in the software industry for 15 years and I would have been deeply ashamed, along with every member of my department (actually we'd probably have been sacked), if we had released software in this state.

Edited by ianmw, 03 September 2012 - 12:57 PM.

#21 skyydragonn

skyydragonn

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:43 AM

Had to create a GW2Guru account just to say that these steps INSTANTLY resolved the problem for me using AVG security suite 2012. thank you so much for figuring this out. I'de already spent an hour trying to tweak settings for this.

Thanks again.

#22 Diddyd0nut

Diddyd0nut

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

Hey wat's up guys, i have AVG 2012 2 but if i click on tools firewall settings doesn't show up. i don't know what to do and i have the same problem please help

#23 Seromus8

Seromus8

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

For Those who have tried everything and still get the Download failed i may have found the solution thanks to a friend of mine. Open command prompt and type in "netsh int ip reset" without quote marks press enter after that type in "netsh winsock reset" press enter and after that restart your pc and it should work afterwards.

#24 YounG

YounG

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

alrite this is gona sounded like i m a compete retard but for the life of me i cant find "tool" where the hell is it located in vista.

#25 kirbyy

kirbyy

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

Next do this:

hope it helps.

Thank you!

Faith in humanity restored

#26 lorddante

lorddante

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Next do this:

hope it helps.

I made an account just to say thanks man... It worked like a charm

#27 The_Naeblis

The_Naeblis

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

View PostSeromus8, on 03 September 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

For Those who have tried everything and still get the Download failed i may have found the solution thanks to a friend of mine. Open command prompt and type in "netsh int ip reset" without quote marks press enter after that type in "netsh winsock reset" press enter and after that restart your pc and it should work afterwards.

Thanks m8 this is the only thing that worked for me...even tried setting my machine in DMZ...

#28 neighty13

neighty13

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

OMFG THANKS! I am now installing xD
REALLY HELPFUL MAN, and it's also plain and simple, 2 mins work. ;)
Gj

#29 Wolfghost24

Wolfghost24

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

Next do this:

hope it helps.
. Hey man, I'm havin the same problem these people are having and I'm gonna try what u said. But first I need to know if it could mess up my pc in anyway?

#30 Joshtacular

Joshtacular

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

I love you so much. I had tried everything! You have just saved my life!

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users