• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

[Answered] Different races with friends - Problem?

races friends charr human gw2 problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Turkey

Turkey

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

Hello! I have some questions and would be grateful to anyone that could answer them.

As you all know, Guild Wars 2 will be available to play in just a few days and a few of my friends have recently decided to buy the game and play it with me. This would be great but the problem is that my plan was to have my main character as a Charr while both of them will most likely be playing as Humans.

My main question is this; since we all want to play together will the fact that we’re different races cause much of a problem? I’m guessing we’ll have to do a different starting area (which is obviously understandable) but how long will it take before we can really start questing/levelling together? If there is going to be a lot of trouble then do you think it be worth it?

I hope I have phrased this correctly and apologise if there is already an obvious answer to this which I have missed.

#2 Shasow

Shasow

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

You should convince them to play as the Charr. Charr is far superior than any other weapon ever made. ^_^

But if they don't submit, you can quest together and level together right away. There are portals in the starting cities that can teleport you to the other starting cities (so you can go to them or they can go to you). The only problem is that they (or you) won't be able to progress through your personal stories. Personal stories are personal, while you can assist your friends in doing them, only they get progress for it (you do get some rewards though). One person can get progress through their personal story while the friends help. So if you don't mind personal stories, you all can play together right away after you locate the portals.

Edited by Shasow, 23 August 2012 - 10:43 PM.

#3 himmyv

himmyv

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TAG]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

you can hook up with your friends around lvl 2
you will just have the personal stories that are separate and they can join/help with that to
i think all starter area have access to lion arch from there you have access to all starter areas
does that make sense?

Shasow Ninjad me lol

Edited by himmyv, 23 August 2012 - 10:44 PM.

#4 michaelgarcia92

michaelgarcia92

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:44 PM

No you should be able to click 'B' then go to the heart of the mists, then exit through the Lion's Arch Asura Gate, then finally be able to telport to Divinity's Reach and meet up right outside or in the city. Hope that helps.

#5 jx1590

jx1590

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

After you complete the "tutorial area" you can all play together right away.

#6 Auenwing

Auenwing

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:11 PM

View PostTurkey, on 23 August 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

Hello! I have some questions and would be grateful to anyone that could answer them.

As you all know, Guild Wars 2 will be available to play in just a few days and a few of my friends have recently decided to buy the game and play it with me. This would be great but the problem is that my plan was to have my main character as a Charr while both of them will most likely be playing as Humans.

My main question is this; since we all want to play together will the fact that we’re different races cause much of a problem? I’m guessing we’ll have to do a different starting area (which is obviously understandable) but how long will it take before we can really start questing/levelling together? If there is going to be a lot of trouble then do you think it be worth it?

I hope I have phrased this correctly and apologise if there is already an obvious answer to this which I have missed.

All you have to do is:

1) finish tutorial

2) find major city for your race

3) find Asura portal for Lion's Gate

4) Portal to Lion's Gate

5) Find the portal for your friend's race and portal to THEIR home city

6) meet up with friends

You can do this at level 1.  ANet understands you want to play with your friends. :cool:

PS: The Lion's Gate portals are free.

PPS:  If you wish to do your own storyline and have your friends help you, make sure you pick up waypoints on the way... then portal back, fill in your first "heart" for your Charr character and you're set.

Edited by Auenwing, 23 August 2012 - 11:14 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: races, friends, charr, human, gw2, problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users