j3w3l

Asuran Acolyte

• Community Contributors
  • 72 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TKG]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:21 PM

Hey all

I just thought I would promote my lovely blog thingy focusing on all things to do with PvP, I love it so much. What a girl who likes mmo pvp you say.. Blasphemy.. oh you will be mainly focusing on support type roles.. well that's probably ok then.

Although Spvp and WvW will be my main focus I will also have pixelated story romps to discuss as well as general game related musings. At the moment I plan to play a Mesmer and Necro come launch (In A day WOOOOOOOOOO!!!) but have aspirations for many other alts, I take plenty of pictures (too many in fact) and will try to update with some video as well but my editing still needs work.

I will also be following up with the occasional TSW related piece and non mmo cool things

So here it is Healing the Masses: with my Clones of Doom

I also love a discussion so stop by, have a gander and comment to your hearts content

#2 j3w3l

j3w3l

Asuran Acolyte

• Community Contributors
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

Just one update as well... the one post I would recommend people to read is "The Toxic Gaming Community".

There seems to be a lot of inflammatory, judgmental and down right rude responses to those criticizing GW2, It just harms community and may even push people away. Lets build some better communication regarding our favourite medium.

#3 Xenharmonic

Xenharmonic

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:31 AM

Cool blog. Mind if I ask a few questions in this thread?
Firstly, comparing Mesmer to classes like the elementalist... do you think the Mesmer is currently very powerful, or does it need a lot of work (PvP/WvW wise)
Which specific weapon sets and builds are the most powerful/hopelessly weak?
Is either ranged or melee Mesmer gimped, or are they both good?
Is there only one good offhand weapon for a scepter build? (pistol) or would you recommend something like torch or focus to be paired with scepter?
Does shattering illusions feel "good" and accurate? or are illusions slightly broken?

#4 j3w3l

j3w3l

Asuran Acolyte

• Community Contributors
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

Cool blog. Mind if I ask a few questions in this thread?
Firstly, comparing Mesmer to classes like the elementalist... do you think the Mesmer is currently very powerful, or does it need a lot of work (PvP/WvW wise)
Which specific weapon sets and builds are the most powerful/hopelessly weak?
Is either ranged or melee Mesmer gimped, or are they both good?
Is there only one good offhand weapon for a scepter build? (pistol) or would you recommend something like torch or focus to be paired with scepter?
Does shattering illusions feel "good" and accurate? or are illusions slightly broken?

I really think the Mesmer is in a great position right now and there is only a few tweaks I would like to see, but other than that very happy, It doesn't have the burst that ele does but I feel it might be a little more complex and harder to learn initially.. There both hard to master though.

The best thing about Mesmer is that their is a lot of diversity in how you make your build and I think every weapon set is quite viable as they all have tradeoffs depending on what your focus is. For instance I often trade the pistol for torch as I like the extra evasion skill, and retaliation from Pmage is great too.
You can nearly utilise all the weapons in any build type as well. I haven't seen any meta builds pop up in tournaments yet much like what has happened with other classes. There is a lot of diversity in traits and utilities so at the moment just play around and have fun.

Shatters are well.. a little broken still and that is my main problem with the class. They can be quite useful and round out our skills nicely but due to pathing and such they often don't hit. I also don't like mantras too much yet either.

#5 Xenharmonic

Xenharmonic

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:04 PM

Thanks Jewel!
I think im going to pick Mesmer as the skills seem a bit more interesting/complex.
Mesmer also get 2 long range weapons and Ele only get 1 (and scepter Ele is lackluster, at least from what I've seen).

#6 j3w3l

j3w3l

Asuran Acolyte

• Community Contributors
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:09 AM

Thanks Jewel!
I think im going to pick Mesmer as the skills seem a bit more interesting/complex.
Mesmer also get 2 long range weapons and Ele only get 1 (and scepter Ele is lackluster, at least from what I've seen).

That's great, I really do love the mesmer and am actually thinky about dropping the Necro for Mesmer in SPvP... It's just so much more fun

#7 Xenharmonic

Xenharmonic

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:50 AM

Mesmer = ultimate troll class.
Downed clones = second chance in call of duty.
I beat a thief while I was downed (with the help of my clones XD) and danced around all over their corpse, saying "OWNED" like it was CoD. Not gonna lie, it felt good.

Edited by Xenharmonic, 01 September 2012 - 07:03 AM.

#8 j3w3l

j3w3l

Asuran Acolyte

• Community Contributors
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

heya all you pvp crazed loonies

I have started a little documentation series of our guilds pixelated adventures in the world of Wuv Wuv, I have had an amazing time and I hope my stories reflect the fun to be had in large scale warfare.

Also I'm looking for anyone out there who has had some amazing adventures in Wuv Wuv they would like to share with the community.. Thrilling captures, Blood filled defeat, forum wars.. whatever you feel like really so long as it shares your passion of PvP in WvW.

See you on the battlefield

Edited by j3w3l, 23 September 2012 - 03:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users