• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sephorai

Sephorai

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:28 AM

I'm having trouble logging into the launcher because everytime I do it says something abou my firewall blocking access (error 42). Yes I realize there is no event going on right now but usually when I try to log in and there is no event it says that there isn't an event, it doesn't bring up issues with my firewall. Also I find it weird that now all of a sudden the launcher has an issue with my firewall when it's never had had a problem before (I played in the Stress test on the 21rst). Is this an actual error or is it that there is no event and the launcher is derping on me? For the record I did go into my firewall and set it to allow all connections from Guild Wars 2 and had no effect.

#2 Aaren

Aaren

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DrV]
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:29 AM

Everyone appears to have this problem.

EDIT: I can log log in now.

Edited by Aaren, 24 August 2012 - 12:29 AM.

#3 Guttsy911

Guttsy911

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:52 AM

I have the same problem and it has been driving me mad! I can still not log in on the client (meaning it's just saying nothing just "thinking" ... 1 hour ago i got continous error 42's and i do not have port forwarding problems pronto. Now I can at least log into my account (web) again.

Do anyone recognize this: The 3 files gw2 makes, all lack security permissions!!? I noticed this and reinstalled since it did not help to give the files their rights, they lost them again as soon as i ran the patcher.

Right now i've been at this for so many hours I have problems thinking but since I want this to work the 25'th it would really help if someone told me "this is how it is right now for everyone" or "you have to....." :)

- Guttsy911

#4 Sephorai

Sephorai

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:06 AM

Is this something we should worry about? Or is it gonna fix itself? Cus I still can't logg in..

EDIT: It started working now :D

Edited by Sephorai, 24 August 2012 - 01:10 AM.

#5 Aecen

Aecen

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:08 AM

Hey guys.

Same issue as you all.  I added -repair at the end of the target location under properties.  After the repair finished it gave me the standard/correct "there is no beta event" message instead of the endless spin to win.

Give it a shot.

#6 Guttsy911

Guttsy911

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:41 AM

View PostAecen, on 24 August 2012 - 01:08 AM, said:

Hey guys.

Same issue as you all.  I added -repair at the end of the target location under properties.  After the repair finished it gave me the standard/correct "there is no beta event" message instead of the endless spin to win.

Give it a shot.

Do you mean "%gamepath%\gw2.exe" -repair in the shortcut? I bet you do because my client is doing something now... verifying files. Files remaining 80.000 soo ... we'll see!

I'll report back! Thanx :-)

EDIT: Did finish verifying but no luck with the login. Still "spinning" here :( If i enter wrong details i get an instant error message so it has to be in contact with the servers.

Still trying i guess...

EDIT2: Suddenly i got the good old "...no current Guild Wars 2 event..." (Error Code 9:4:5:1265) message.
After repairing, updating, repairing, cleaning hoses and wiping most of the code... eh lol ... I found out that when X'ed out "save password" it went into spinning login loop. As usual. BUT entering the password again did the trick!! Tried back and forth 5 times to be sure!!

I think there is something wrong with the save password feature on the launcher. Either totally or for certain "types" of pwd's (i have strange alien symbols in mine).

I hope this can help someone else. I feel safe now, for the 25th that is ;) That it will work at least. Now bedtime at last.

- Guttsy911

Edited by Guttsy911, 24 August 2012 - 02:32 AM.

#7 feeper7

feeper7

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

Hey I'm having a log in issue as well,
So yesterday i logged in to GW2 fine, but today when i tried to log in i get this message:
"The account name or password you entered is invalid. Please check your information again." and then there's an option to 'recover account' underneath it.
the 'build' is: 16100
error code is: 11:0:2:1297

so i've re-entered my pass a dozen times and re-entered my account name too but it doesn't work. When i try to change pass it says 'unavalible' and when i try to log onto the Guild Wars website it says basically the same thing. Also i can't seem to find this error code on the help section of their website. Also tried googling it. Any idea what i should do? It's been working fine for months and now it doesn't...

#8 Quaker

Quaker

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3341 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[n/a]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

It sounds like you've been hacked. You'll have to contact support and be prepared to prove that you own the account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users