#1 XgreatArtist

XgreatArtist

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1496 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

http://gw2skills.net...qkUtIYQwhgNGPCA

this will be my wvw,pve,dungeon build. I think it is alright...?

#2 Lackies

Lackies

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:08 PM

The build is perfectly serviceable, but here are some changes i think you can make to improve it.
Signet of Renewal + trait:Signet of the BeastMaster is a pretty bad combination. I think if you're running bear + healing spring you can safely forgo Renewal for PvE./Dungeons, and Renewal+beastmaster sigil is a good way to kill yourself.
Lightning Reflex and Entangle are pretty lackluster PvE/Dungeon utilities. Stuff Like Quickening Zephyr, Flame Trap, Sick 'em, and Signet of the Wild should serve you better there.
I think you might also want to consider a Ranged Pet for Dungeons since you'll be swapping pets fairly often you'll lose DPS time with them running back to melee range, and they don't have any leap in either.
Also Most People going Axe/Warhorn take Sharpened Edges in Skirmishing to take advantage of the multiple hits on Hunter's Call ( and other skills)

So for WvW I think you're more or less in the right direction skill wise and for PvE/Dungeons ( and without changing the "Signet ranger" Flavor) I'd suggest adjusting your build as follows.
So I swapped out Bear for Spider. Spider can start a fight with a Stun venom, create combo fields, trigger combo fields, and is ranged so it should be reasonably survivable. There's plenty of other good pet options though. i also changed Pet's Prowess for Sharpened Edges, but if you wanted to use a Raven or Feline pet instead Pet's Prowess would probably be a solid option still. Moa to give you 100% uptime on Fury, and an occasional heal is still a fine second option.
Skill wise we picked up Signet of the Wild, Rampage as One, and Quickening Zephyr to increase Burst and sustained damage.Rampage as one in particular synergies well with QZ and the multi hit abilities of Hunter's Call and Rapid Fire. I figured these would be better overall given downtime in PvE/dungeons between encounters and the fact that your build is generally light on condition damage and already has a number of combo fields so I steered away from traps.

All in all we trade a bit of control, and superfluous condition removal for on demand damage, and better sustained damage. Now its true I don't know the true situation of high end PvE, but I doubt all out survival is going to be the best way to approach it. I think this build has a good mix of survivability from healing spring some + healing, Invulnerability, stability and some Endurance regen, that good play and competent allies should cover the rest handily..

#3 Dixa

Dixa

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

View PostLackies, on 24 August 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

The build is perfectly serviceable, but here are some changes i think you can make to improve it.
Signet of Renewal + trait:Signet of the BeastMaster is a pretty bad combination. I think if you're running bear + healing spring you can safely forgo Renewal for PvE./Dungeons, and Renewal+beastmaster sigil is a good way to kill yourself.
Lightning Reflex and Entangle are pretty lackluster PvE/Dungeon utilities. Stuff Like Quickening Zephyr, Flame Trap, Sick 'em, and Signet of the Wild should serve you better there.
I think you might also want to consider a Ranged Pet for Dungeons since you'll be swapping pets fairly often you'll lose DPS time with them running back to melee range, and they don't have any leap in either.
Also Most People going Axe/Warhorn take Sharpened Edges in Skirmishing to take advantage of the multiple hits on Hunter's Call ( and other skills)

So for WvW I think you're more or less in the right direction skill wise and for PvE/Dungeons ( and without changing the "Signet ranger" Flavor) I'd suggest adjusting your build as follows.
So I swapped out Bear for Spider. Spider can start a fight with a Stun venom, create combo fields, trigger combo fields, and is ranged so it should be reasonably survivable. There's plenty of other good pet options though. i also changed Pet's Prowess for Sharpened Edges, but if you wanted to use a Raven or Feline pet instead Pet's Prowess would probably be a solid option still. Moa to give you 100% uptime on Fury, and an occasional heal is still a fine second option.
Skill wise we picked up Signet of the Wild, Rampage as One, and Quickening Zephyr to increase Burst and sustained damage.Rampage as one in particular synergies well with QZ and the multi hit abilities of Hunter's Call and Rapid Fire. I figured these would be better overall given downtime in PvE/dungeons between encounters and the fact that your build is generally light on condition damage and already has a number of combo fields so I steered away from traps.

All in all we trade a bit of control, and superfluous condition removal for on demand damage, and better sustained damage. Now its true I don't know the true situation of high end PvE, but I doubt all out survival is going to be the best way to approach it. I think this build has a good mix of survivability from healing spring some + healing, Invulnerability, stability and some Endurance regen, that good play and competent allies should cover the rest handily..

does the spider combo field make up for the less damage on base attack vs. devourers? devourers also hit twice

#4 Lackies

Lackies

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

View PostDixa, on 24 August 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

does the spider combo field make up for the less damage on base attack vs. devourers? devourers also hit twice
Technically some devourers can make poison combo fields as well via f2 which is arguably superior since you can control when it comes out. By and large you can go with either one as a preference ( and plenty of other options are equally viable). I found I liked the spiders a bit better as a ranged ranger your mileage may vary.

#5 Dixa

Dixa

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

View PostLackies, on 24 August 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

Technically some devourers can make poison combo fields as well via f2 which is arguably superior since you can control when it comes out. By and large you can go with either one as a preference ( and plenty of other options are equally viable). I found I liked the spiders a bit better as a ranged ranger your mileage may vary.

only the carrion devourer does this and as of the game contented tested to date there are no juvenile carrion devourers found - so you'd need to start as a charr

#6 XgreatArtist

XgreatArtist

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1496 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:13 AM

View PostLackies, on 24 August 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

yes thank you!
As for the signet it was meant to be signet of wild + stone. I dont know how i changed to renewal...
I like the spider for ranged in dungeons, didnt think of it.
Overall i like the build that you did for me. Seemed to have a lot of potential. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users