2 replies to this topic

#1 caryntjen

caryntjen

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

So, the first beta weekend I loved the crafting and did mostly that. The Stress tests and betas following that I've been doing other things. Now the game is almost launching and thanks to the informative official wiki and my experience. I thought it would be great and helpful to calculate how many materials you will be needing for every weapon.

Som information:
Huntsman has 7 weapons to craft: warhorn, pistols, rifles, torches, harpoons, longbows and shortbows. All have 2 components with different materials: Wooden planks, Ingots or Leather squares.

Also at the beginning (including Tier 1) there are some simple weapons to construct which only need 1 fine crafting materials. For Tier one the huntsman uses only 6 fine materials, for some weird reason he doesn't fangs. He does uses: bones, claws, scales, totems, venom sacs and vials of blood. In Tier 2 the huntsman uses 7 fine Materials.

So I've calculated by the Dowels you need (a Standard one and Master one) how many of the fine crafting materials you need and how much and of course how much of the basic materials you need.

I'm also speculating that after Tier 2 everything stays the same. Anyways, I thought it would be a good idea to get to know how much resources we need :).

Anyways so for Tier 1 I've got for all recipes:
Of every Final Material (6 different ones) you'll need: 84 of them.
You'll need 336 ores, 576 logs and 48 leather squares

From Tier 2:
Of every Final Materials (7 different ones) you'll need: 77 of them.
You'll need 392 ores, 672 logs and 84 leather squares

I was wondering if anyone has these calculations. I've got this all in an excel file, but I'm in the middle of exams and have to clear some things out for other to read :).

Anways, I'm thinking it's a good indication. And ofcourse a lot of future tiers are still under speculation.

#2 Reiden221

Reiden221

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DAoT]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

If Huntsman follows the same basic principles as leatherworking then the number of fine materials required for each item increases each tier.  :(  So like tier 2 insignia's which are needed to craft t2 armor, required 3 of each fine material.

But never hurts to have the numbers ready.

Edited by Reiden221, 24 August 2012 - 05:09 PM.

#3 caryntjen

caryntjen

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

View PostReiden221, on 24 August 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

If Huntsman follows the same basic principles as leatherworking then the number of fine materials required for each item increases each tier.  :(  So like tier 2 insignia's which are needed to craft t2 armor, required 3 of each fine material.

But never hurts to have the numbers ready.

What I know from experience and from the wiki is that for the inscription you need a Dowel which need the fine materials. I've only een they needed 3 for the standard dowels and 8 for the master. Didn't change, but could be in last beta and the wiki is outdated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: number, calculating, resources, materials, carfting, huntsman, math

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users