4 replies to this topic

#1 111uminate

111uminate

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:58 PM

Er, so I'm a tad confused here. I haven't participated in any of the beta events so I haven't played the game personally, but I just bought it a few days ago. The last few days I've been in a frenzy gobbling up every bit of information I can find, but the thing is, there's so much of it! I've read through quite a few guides and compendiums on this site and they've helped a bunch, but there's a few things I'm still confused with. That's where you come in!

So, I read about Precision and how it's your crit chance, but what are these conditions? I keep reading in some places that you have a chance to apply a condition, so is that based on your crit chance? Like applying a condition through a successful crit. I know some skills apply conditions themselves, but how does this interact with precision? Some traits apply conditions too I see. So would having a good amount of precision (Crit chance) enable you to apply conditions from traits?

Soooo confused. Any help is muchly appreciated! :eek:

#2 Dibrom

Dibrom

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:03 AM

Precision is a stat.  The higher it goes the better your crit chance is.
=============================
Conditions are debuffs.  The most common conditions are DOTs.
=============================
There are many things in the game that cause DOTs to happen when you land a critical hit.  (armor upgrades & traits)

3 separate things.

Edited by Dibrom, 25 August 2012 - 12:03 AM.

#3 111uminate

111uminate

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:06 AM

Hmm, alright. But are there skills in the game where you need to land a crit to apply a condition? Or a trait even.

#4 Dibrom

Dibrom

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:10 AM

Yes, that was the 3rd line.

"33% chance to cause burning on crit" and the like.

#5 111uminate

111uminate

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:11 AM

Ah ha. Thank you muchly! So much to read, so many videos to watch. Think I'm getting burnt out and I haven't even played yet!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: precions, conditions, crit, power, percent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users