• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 sahirah05

sahirah05

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:27 AM

When i open the game i get to log in  everything is fine, i get to accept the Term and agreement( wich i have read like everyone else of course) then the game lunch and i get a black screen and instead of getting the server select menu, nothing load.

what might be causing this? Everything was fine for all the beta, it started doing this to me in yesterday 1 hour stress test.

#2 IST

IST

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Hobo]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:44 AM

Same here , ,like right now... aghghhhhhhh - I just get music and no picture : anyone know what up?

#3 Delusional

Delusional

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:54 AM

Same here. Then I restarted my computer and now whenever I hit the launcher it opens up, and then a different box opens up saying "Repairing Data Archive..." and it loads to about less than halfway, freezes, and then a tab opens up saying something is preventing it from running and they ask me to send an error report and I do, and then everything closes.

#4 IST

IST

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:42 AM

Fixed by winding back to previous driver - so basically it was the Leshcat 12.7 beta UnifL drivers : going to driver fusion and clean house now, update to 12.8, see if that works better.

#5 Tomed

Tomed

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

Thinking it's a GPU problem (got a hd5850) but this never happened to me before retail...

#6 Shadrin

Shadrin

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts
  • Server:Ruins of Surmia

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:15 AM

I have this same issue on my HD6970 crossfire setup, using the Catalyst 12.8 driver. I traced the issue to the render sampling setting in the graphics options.

When set to native I get a black, or sometimes white, screen. When set to either subsampling or supersampling the game renders normally. The only issue with this workaround is that subsampling looks terrible and supersampling tanks my framerate.

I've been having this issue since the last couple of stress tests, it was fine during the last BWE.

#7 Tomed

Tomed

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:39 AM

View PostShadrin, on 25 August 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

I have this same issue on my HD6970 crossfire setup, using the Catalyst 12.8 driver. I traced the issue to the render sampling setting in the graphics options.

When set to native I get a black, or sometimes white, screen. When set to either subsampling or supersampling the game renders normally. The only issue with this workaround is that subsampling looks terrible and supersampling tanks my framerate.

I've been having this issue since the last couple of stress tests, it was fine during the last BWE.

Tried using Supersampling and still happened after ~5 mins of play.

#8 Shadrin

Shadrin

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:52 AM

View PostTomed, on 25 August 2012 - 08:39 AM, said:

Tried using Supersampling and still happened after ~5 mins of play.

Ok then your issue might be different from mine as mine only occurs when using the native setting.

#9 Tomed

Tomed

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

Anyone find a solution to this? just swapped in a brand new 7770 and having the same issue. Tried forcing DX9, using subsampling, turned settings to lowest possible, etc. Can still access the options (F11) when it goes black so the GPU drivers are not dying and my temps are stable.

#10 GDBardo

GDBardo

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

well this is what happens to me...

#11 sahirah05

sahirah05

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:26 PM

for those with that issue, i fixed my problem and i'm willing to share my knowledge. Like they said in a post on the guildwars 2 website, the game doesn't run well with the 301.42 Nvidia driver, try using an older version version like the 29X.XX.

#12 GDBardo

GDBardo

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

which 29X.XX driver do you currently have?

#13 Katsuragisama

Katsuragisama

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:41 AM

View PostShadrin, on 25 August 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

Were you able to fix this?  I have a 6970M crossfire laptop but set a CCC profile for GW2 to disable GPU2.  But I also have the same issue.  If I set it to "Native" rendering it fades to white, but I can see the UI, and names.  Currently running 12.8 drivers.  Was wondering if you were able to fix this and what you did.  Subsampling looks, meh... And Supersampling looks awesome, but a nice lil drop to FPS.  I'm hoping you already found a fix so I dont have to remove/driver sweep repeatedly to find a good driver version.  :(

Edited by Katsuragisama, 27 August 2012 - 02:41 AM.

#14 Shadrin

Shadrin

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:36 AM

View PostKatsuragisama, on 27 August 2012 - 02:41 AM, said:

Were you able to fix this?  I have a 6970M crossfire laptop but set a CCC profile for GW2 to disable GPU2.  But I also have the same issue.  If I set it to "Native" rendering it fades to white, but I can see the UI, and names.  Currently running 12.8 drivers.  Was wondering if you were able to fix this and what you did.  Subsampling looks, meh... And Supersampling looks awesome, but a nice lil drop to FPS.  I'm hoping you already found a fix so I dont have to remove/driver sweep repeatedly to find a good driver version.  :(

Yes in fact I was able to fix it. I found out the game does not like it if Anti-Aliasing is forced in CCC. So I set it to application controlled and now it works like a charm. I'm getting a fairly consistent 60 FPS with Vsync on and all settings on HIgh (Auto detect). I'm seeing about 60-85% usage on both my cards.

#15 Katsuragisama

Katsuragisama

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:38 AM

Oh, so that's what it was.  I resolved it by reinstalling the 12.8 drivers.  That makes sense as I ran DriverFusion to wipe any residual files as well.  Good to know, and FXAA doesnt really seem to do much.  But it also doesnt seem to hurt performance, so I guess that's fine as well.  :huh:

#16 IST

IST

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

View PostKatsuragisama, on 29 August 2012 - 06:38 AM, said:

Oh, so that's what it was.  I resolved it by reinstalling the 12.8 drivers.  That makes sense as I ran DriverFusion to wipe any residual files as well.  Good to know, and FXAA doesnt really seem to do much.  But it also doesnt seem to hurt performance, so I guess that's fine as well.  :huh:
Totally this : 12.8 is running the game BRILLIANTLY for me.. .after the upgrade (using Fusion to wipe old drivers also) to 12.8, I am getting 50-60fps in PvE/sPvP and 25(when 100s onscreen casting) to 50fps in WvW - couldn't be happier.

Thank the gods, old and new, for the 12.8 WHQL drivers, they saved Guild Wars 2 for me :)

#17 Katsuragisama

Katsuragisama

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:08 AM

Yeah, since I've cleaned out the drivers and reinstalled 12.8, it's been beautiful.  And this is on Windows 8 actually, haha.  Now, if only whoever needs to work on the CrossFire support would get on that, I'd be even happier. :lol:

#18 sabre74

sabre74

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:20 AM

I have a windows xp 05 with a Nvidia Gts 250 graphics card and i'm constantly getting a black screen with no sound, whats going on?

#19 mufridstyle

mufridstyle

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

View PostGDBardo, on 25 August 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

well this is what happens to me...
Do you know how to fix this?! i saw in your comments that you turned off the OC guru but nothing in my computer has OC guru... i have BIOS i think. I'm not excellent with computers, do you know whats up?

#20 cgisoul

cgisoul

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

I had black screens while playing and tried all technics and advises given, from nvidia control painel to different driveres.... nothing worked.

I disabled all high textures and everything high end in the settings. Turned them on / high setting one at the time to eliminate which settings works with my system. Everything is working good now. No more black screens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users