Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

0% downloading 1 file remaining,stuck?


  • Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Grace_DRoyce

Grace_DRoyce

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:18 AM

i tried several ways but still cant find out the problem
check my screenshoot all files supossed to be completed

UPDATE:
THE PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

1st:Delete all of GW2 client data installed on your computer
Q: where is the client data?
A: R-click desktop shortcut(GW2) --> properties --> open file location --> delete all data especially the bigger one(GW2.dat)

2nd:Redownload the client again from official website
Q:where I can find it?
A:go to www.guildwars2.com --> login --> My Account --> Download Client--> Download -->Run as administrator
once re-download the whole file and update i believe u will be able to hit "PLAY"
after able to play it please backup the whole client to another drive just in case it will stuck again

I prefer u to copy the whole client from your friends that live near u,because re-download the whole file takes several hours
(the size around 15Gb++)

NOTE:this issue solved like this because there is nothing we can do either fix the client or add manualy 1 remaining file


see u in game i would like to make friends
Server:AR
nick:Grace D Lich(necromancer)
Posted Image

Edited by Grace_DRoyce, 05 September 2012 - 10:20 AM.


#2 Grace_DRoyce

Grace_DRoyce

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

up
up                                                                                          
up
up
up

#3 DC75

DC75

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

I have the same exact problem.  My login splash screen matches yours verbatim.   I've restarted the exe; started the exe directly from the folder; rebooted; jumped up and down on one leg.. Nothing works.  Not sure what the problem is.

#4 DC75

DC75

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:20 PM

No one else is having this issue?

#5 Punkystyle

Punkystyle

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

I believe this was a problem that Arenanet by now has fixed with a small update?  I had the same problem but not anymore.

#6 Grace_DRoyce

Grace_DRoyce

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:50 AM

omg its realy wasting my bandwich and time
so if i redownload the full client again whats gonna happend??

#7 Lui

Lui

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:56 AM

Same problem here ! The game does not downloading the lastfile what should I / we do?!

#8 gorbyworby1976

gorbyworby1976

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

same problem here

#9 Lui

Lui

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

does your problem solved? gorby and grace??

#10 gorbyworby1976

gorbyworby1976

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

I got bored of waiting for customer support to reply so i tried reinstalling and downloading. Got the same problem again stuck on 1 file left to download. I read that removing Avast, if you have it, worked for a few people but it didn't fix anything for me :(

/headbuttwall

#11 Mayam7881

Mayam7881

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

At least I've found a home.

Sorry you guys are having this issue as well but it has been driving me up the wall here.  I also have no clue what is causing this or how to fix it.  Tech. Supp.'s last pearl of wisdom was to download some program to ensure a clean install of my graphics driver and then reinstall that driver again.

I've been dealing with this since before the official launch and have heard from TS exactly twice now.  Once to ask for the standard screen shot, urinalysis, DNA sample, etc., second to clue me in on this nifty tool for my graphics driver.  If they can only copy / paste this fast let alone give custom advice I'm a tad concerned...

I will be checking back, hopefully with a relevant piece of TS advice.

Incidentally, it seems that I can actually download the patch files (I guess that's what those are once a day or so), just that crucial last bit eludes me still for days.

#12 gorbyworby1976

gorbyworby1976

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:27 PM

Hey Mayam,

Ye i can download the new updates too, just that 1 file still eludes me.
TS got me to turn everything off in msconfig for svs and startup but that did nothing useful.
I've also tried using the shortcut repair / image shortcut doodah but that didn't work either.

good luck

update
I was bored while my League of Legends was patching and found a few forumers saying about changing the exe file to run in compatability mode, i was messing around with options on this and the launcher downloaded the last file in the background! I almost pooped my pants, anyway i hope this works for you guys/gals too and if not i pray for speedy resolutions.

Gorby

Edited by gorbyworby1976, 31 August 2012 - 04:38 AM.


#13 Mayam7881

Mayam7881

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:07 AM

View Postgorbyworby1976, on 30 August 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

Hey Mayam,

Ye i can download the new updates too, just that 1 file still eludes me.
TS got me to turn everything off in msconfig for svs and startup but that did nothing useful.
I've also tried using the shortcut repair / image shortcut doodah but that didn't work either.

good luck

update
I was bored while my League of Legends was patching and found a few forumers saying about changing the exe file to run in compatability mode, i was messing around with options on this and the launcher downloaded the last file in the background! I almost pooped my pants, anyway i hope this works for you guys/gals too and if not i pray for speedy resolutions.

Gorby
HOLY GOOD CHRIST MAN!!!! Just to be clear, how EXACTLY do I run it in compatability mode?!?!? I remember hearing the term ages ago in reference to something else but can't for the life of me remember how to do this. PLEASE tell me. I've been going nuts trying to get this game to work.

So glad to hear you got it working man. Hope this works all around for myself and the others.

P.S  Also, did you have AVG or Avast or anything running when you got this to work.  I use AVG and tried it with it fully uninstalled but have since re-installed it.

P.P.S  I'm running ye 'ol Vista Ultimate (32 bit) from way back yore if that's relevant.

Edited by Mayam7881, 31 August 2012 - 07:41 AM.


#14 gorbyworby1976

gorbyworby1976

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

hey,

sry i've been out all morning. I'm running windows XP so it will probably be slightly different, but here's the post i found about it :

http://www.guildwars...or/page__st__60

And i uninstalled Avast and all non essential services and start-up programs

hope you get it working

it's worth the wait :D

Edited by gorbyworby1976, 31 August 2012 - 11:23 AM.


#15 Grace_DRoyce

Grace_DRoyce

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:49 PM

sry for the late reply because i solved it in aug 27

#16 Lui

Lui

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

and how do u solved it? ive tried to run it on compatibility mode windows 7 but its doesnt work ! help pls !!!

#17 Grace_DRoyce

Grace_DRoyce

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

View PostLui, on 31 August 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

and how do u solved it? ive tried to run it on compatibility mode windows 7 but its doesnt work ! help pls !!!

u have to redownload the new client again from the offcial website and dont forget to delete all files that u downloaded before
this problem happend maybe because some file missing or corrupted inside the .dat file

Edited by Grace_DRoyce, 31 August 2012 - 05:13 PM.


#18 Lui

Lui

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

Ok I try it now ! I will tell u if it worked to me ! thx dude really appreciating that!+

#19 Grace_DRoyce

Grace_DRoyce

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

View PostLui, on 31 August 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

Ok I try it now ! I will tell u if it worked to me ! thx dude really appreciating that!+

goodluck see you in game :D

#20 Mayam7881

Mayam7881

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

Okay, I am fully baffled as well as disappointed now.  Just for feces and mirth I took my tower up to a computer lab at the place I volunteer at.  Plug tower in, click GW2.exe...  wait for it...  game launches IMMEDIATELY!!!!  Didn't even pretend like it needed to even download those last two files (or they downloaded while I was blinking - was only 2 files).  So I'm instantly logged in.  But wait, GW2 isn't done f#$%ing with me yet.

I scroll down and go to the server of my guild's choosing giggling and bubbling like a school girl being asked to the prom.  It's, of course, full.  Well, that's no biggie right?  BU((SH$^!!!  Of course it has to be an issue!  Nonsense, we all remember the flagship days of WoW and the great MMO flooding that has followed, servers packed to the brim, companies scrambling to keep the ship afloat having been totally unprepared for the traffic that was dropping on the servers like a ton of bricks.  It was anti-climatic but we just simply took our place in the queue and occupied ourselves otherwise until we could get in right?  Not here my friends, this nightmare is just winding up.

No Ma'ams and Sirs there is no queue to watch tick by in GW2.  Nope, the server status page doesn't even update to let you know when you could enter, there is not so much as a website still that you can check to see what the servers' states are.  "Pshh!  You're being overdramatic Mayam, stowe the QQ and go roll on another server to kick around a bit until you can join your guild on theirs!"

Yes, that would make sense... EXCEPT!!!  YOU CAN'T!  That server you rolled on to "kick around", that was your roll folks, thats the server your account is now on, end of story.  You can't simply abandon it and go to your preferred server when it's available.  Nope, you have to transfer your toons.  Now at first those transfers were free.  Kind of a, "we're sorry we f#$%ed this up so bad for you all".  However if you are reading this it is because you probably haven't accessed the game yet or are just now doing so because of the updating nightmare and the lack of Tech. Supp. for it.  No my friends, you've missed those free transfers, they're done offering those.  Servers are still packed to the brim and you can't log in to your chosen server but now you'll have to pay to transfer as penalty for rolling on another and then joining your friends on theirs later (makes perfect sense to penalize people for wanting to game with their own guild in GUILD Wars, doesn't it).  So you can either play without your friends and guildies (my guild has been together since '94 back to Meridian so it would REALLY ruin the experience for me), or set and hope you roll the dice correctly and somehow magically gain access (and if you're thinking you'll wait to the wee hours of the morning, good luck with that too - mine stayed pack all through the night with no luck).  Yes you've payed to play a game you either can't enjoy with friends or at all, assuming you managed to get it working yet.

Oh and they still have no other real communication with customers outside of cherry picking the tweets that are as relevant to any real issues with the game (i.e/ performance, installation, servers, stability, etc.) as the reason Charr characters can't have pink fur, and the average nipple size of a Sylvari.  I'm sure those official forums are still in beta though, everyone knows how hard it is for an international, multi-million dollar gaming magnate to construct the technological wonder known as a WEBSITE!!!

On the plus side you can now verify your e-mail, I think.  I finally got a message that said "Success!"  followed by the sentence "Please check your email. A link is included which will allow you to authenticate this login attempt."  As of this time no other e-mail has been sent from them to confirm my confirmation.  (Yep, you read that last line right, "CONFIRM THE CONFIRMATION").

Anyone else imagining a dozen or so monkeys banging on computers and slinging their own poop in a computer lab that's on fire?  I can't get the image out of my head.

Sorry for the rant, I've just put way too much effort and free time into getting this joke to work only to get to this now as a punchline.  Hell, I still wonder if this game will even work at my home...

#21 Grace_DRoyce

Grace_DRoyce

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:03 AM

View PostMayam7881, on 31 August 2012 - 10:31 PM, said:

Okay, I am fully baffled as well as disappointed now.  Just for feces and mirth I took my tower up to a computer lab at the place I volunteer at.  Plug tower in, click GW2.exe...  wait for it...  game launches IMMEDIATELY!!!!  Didn't even pretend like it needed to even download those last two files (or they downloaded while I was blinking - was only 2 files).  So I'm instantly logged in.  But wait, GW2 isn't done f#$%ing with me yet.

I scroll down and go to the server of my guild's choosing giggling and bubbling like a school girl being asked to the prom.  It's, of course, full.  Well, that's no biggie right?  BU((SH$^!!!  Of course it has to be an issue!  Nonsense, we all remember the flagship days of WoW and the great MMO flooding that has followed, servers packed to the brim, companies scrambling to keep the ship afloat having been totally unprepared for the traffic that was dropping on the servers like a ton of bricks.  It was anti-climatic but we just simply took our place in the queue and occupied ourselves otherwise until we could get in right?  Not here my friends, this nightmare is just winding up.

No Ma'ams and Sirs there is no queue to watch tick by in GW2.  Nope, the server status page doesn't even update to let you know when you could enter, there is not so much as a website still that you can check to see what the servers' states are.  "Pshh!  You're being overdramatic Mayam, stowe the QQ and go roll on another server to kick around a bit until you can join your guild on theirs!"

Yes, that would make sense... EXCEPT!!!  YOU CAN'T!  That server you rolled on to "kick around", that was your roll folks, thats the server your account is now on, end of story.  You can't simply abandon it and go to your preferred server when it's available.  Nope, you have to transfer your toons.  Now at first those transfers were free.  Kind of a, "we're sorry we f#$%ed this up so bad for you all".  However if you are reading this it is because you probably haven't accessed the game yet or are just now doing so because of the updating nightmare and the lack of Tech. Supp. for it.  No my friends, you've missed those free transfers, they're done offering those.  Servers are still packed to the brim and you can't log in to your chosen server but now you'll have to pay to transfer as penalty for rolling on another and then joining your friends on theirs later (makes perfect sense to penalize people for wanting to game with their own guild in GUILD Wars, doesn't it).  So you can either play without your friends and guildies (my guild has been together since '94 back to Meridian so it would REALLY ruin the experience for me), or set and hope you roll the dice correctly and somehow magically gain access (and if you're thinking you'll wait to the wee hours of the morning, good luck with that too - mine stayed pack all through the night with no luck).  Yes you've payed to play a game you either can't enjoy with friends or at all, assuming you managed to get it working yet.

Oh and they still have no other real communication with customers outside of cherry picking the tweets that are as relevant to any real issues with the game (i.e/ performance, installation, servers, stability, etc.) as the reason Charr characters can't have pink fur, and the average nipple size of a Sylvari.  I'm sure those official forums are still in beta though, everyone knows how hard it is for an international, multi-million dollar gaming magnate to construct the technological wonder known as a WEBSITE!!!

On the plus side you can now verify your e-mail, I think.  I finally got a message that said "Success!"  followed by the sentence "Please check your email. A link is included which will allow you to authenticate this login attempt."  As of this time no other e-mail has been sent from them to confirm my confirmation.  (Yep, you read that last line right, "CONFIRM THE CONFIRMATION").

Anyone else imagining a dozen or so monkeys banging on computers and slinging their own poop in a computer lab that's on fire?  I can't get the image out of my head.

Sorry for the rant, I've just put way too much effort and free time into getting this joke to work only to get to this now as a punchline.  Hell, I still wonder if this game will even work at my home...

could you please gimme your screenshot(the main condition)?

#22 Mayam7881

Mayam7881

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:08 AM

View PostGrace_DRoyce, on 01 September 2012 - 07:03 AM, said:

could you please gimme your screenshot(the main condition)?

]Posted Image

I'm new to this whole screen shot / posting business.  I've got it hosted on photobucket, I hope that link is adequate.  Basically it sticks at some arbitrary amount (like 5.20 MB as in the screen shot) winds down transfer rate to 0.0, and sits idle from there on out.  I can close and reopen, goes up to 5.20 ---> 0.0 /sec., repeat.

Any advice or assistance you could offer would be treasure almost as the Gospel word of the Lord Almighty (not quite, but still very important ;P)!  Thank you in advance, I sincerely hope you can help us.

Edited by Mayam7881, 01 September 2012 - 08:08 AM.


#23 medive6

medive6

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

Hi,
I have the exact same issue, but with three files remaining that won't download more than 4kb before dropping the dl rate to 0. :(

I have gotten it to download one of those since reading about adding the -assetsrv parameter to the downloader and specifying the following ip: 173.223.232.138

So the target of my launcher shortcut is the following:
"C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe" -assetsrv 173.223.232.138

When using this asset server one of my 3 files were successfully downloaded, but now it's stuck on two remaining. Grrr...

So my question is:
Does anyone have a list of ip's for the asset servers so we could try them all and hopefully get all the remaining files from them.

:Start rant
Doesn't make sense to me why I would only be able to get certain files from certain servers. Hopefully this topic get's read by someone who can do something about this issue on Arenanet's end or can provide us with a workaround. i've had this game for almost a week now and not being able to play because of this nonsense is really ticking me off and questioning the quality I can expect when I actually get into the game.
:End rant

#24 Grace_DRoyce

Grace_DRoyce

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

View PostMayam7881, on 01 September 2012 - 08:08 AM, said:

]Posted Image

I'm new to this whole screen shot / posting business.  I've got it hosted on photobucket, I hope that link is adequate.  Basically it sticks at some arbitrary amount (like 5.20 MB as in the screen shot) winds down transfer rate to 0.0, and sits idle from there on out.  I can close and reopen, goes up to 5.20 ---> 0.0 /sec., repeat.

Any advice or assistance you could offer would be treasure almost as the Gospel word of the Lord Almighty (not quite, but still very important ;P)!  Thank you in advance, I sincerely hope you can help us.

okay this condition same as mine,look@ my screenshoot
try to delete all data especially GW2.dat file and GW2.exe
re download your client from official site and update it again,it will take several hours but after u finished download the whole files
u will be able to hit the play button ;)

#25 Grace_DRoyce

Grace_DRoyce

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

View Postmedive6, on 01 September 2012 - 11:02 AM, said:

Hi,
I have the exact same issue, but with three files remaining that won't download more than 4kb before dropping the dl rate to 0. :(

I have gotten it to download one of those since reading about adding the -assetsrv parameter to the downloader and specifying the following ip: 173.223.232.138

So the target of my launcher shortcut is the following:
"C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe" -assetsrv 173.223.232.138

When using this asset server one of my 3 files were successfully downloaded, but now it's stuck on two remaining. Grrr...

So my question is:
Does anyone have a list of ip's for the asset servers so we could try them all and hopefully get all the remaining files from them.

:Start rant
Doesn't make sense to me why I would only be able to get certain files from certain servers. Hopefully this topic get's read by someone who can do something about this issue on Arenanet's end or can provide us with a workaround. i've had this game for almost a week now and not being able to play because of this nonsense is really ticking me off and questioning the quality I can expect when I actually get into the game.
:End rant

read the first topic again
u also can take a screenshot to share it

try to remove all data that u downloaded from GW2 site

Edited by Grace_DRoyce, 01 September 2012 - 11:35 AM.


#26 medive6

medive6

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

Is there any way to fix this without re-downloading 15gb, as I don't intend to spend what equates to about $300 on the bandwidth necessary to download what I mostly already bought on disc.

#27 Lui

Lui

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

downloaded 100% but nothing happened ? why?

#28 s6s

s6s

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

Hello everyone! I have the same problem , 1 file remaining . I sent an e-mail ,3 days ago, "[email protected]" they said ,"tour question has been received. You Should expect a response from us within 24 hours." ... any attempt to access continues to download updates... but still a 1 damned file :( I have tried everything... I can not play a game I bought in a store . it is not very fair on their part ... I looked on various forums but could not find the solution... I hope may soon...( I used the translator of "google" I apologize for any errors)

#29 Lui

Lui

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

wtf ! the game started all and I was able to play ! then I cloes the gw 2 window and when I tried to open it its restarted to download all over again I mean wtf? wtf was that?!?!

#30 Grace_DRoyce

Grace_DRoyce

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:59 AM

View Postmedive6, on 01 September 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

Is there any way to fix this without re-downloading 15gb, as I don't intend to spend what equates to about $300 on the bandwidth necessary to download what I mostly already bought on disc.

yea there is no another way to solve it without redownload 15Gb
i prefer to copy the whole client from your friend
u can buy the cd to install it but after u instaled the cd u still have to update around 5-9Gb

View PostLui, on 01 September 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

downloaded 100% but nothing happened ? why?
could you please show me your screenshot share with us lme figure it out

View Posts6s, on 01 September 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

Hello everyone! I have the same problem , 1 file remaining . I sent an e-mail ,3 days ago, "[email protected]" they said ,"tour question has been received. You Should expect a response from us within 24 hours." ... any attempt to access continues to download updates... but still a 1 damned file :( I have tried everything... I can not play a game I bought in a store . it is not very fair on their part ... I looked on various forums but could not find the solution... I hope may soon...( I used the translator of "google" I apologize for any errors)

please read the 1st topic then solve your problem

View PostLui, on 01 September 2012 - 05:38 PM, said:

wtf ! the game started all and I was able to play ! then I cloes the gw 2 window and when I tried to open it its restarted to download all over again I mean wtf? wtf was that?!?!

are you sure?? have you moved the .dat file?
please share your client latest condition
take a pict

Edited by Grace_DRoyce, 02 September 2012 - 06:02 AM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users