• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 fodemhouse

fodemhouse

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

This is how you solve the problem ???? Download client again are you crazy ? So everyday I will have to download 20g ? lol

#32 s6s

s6s

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

Thanks :) Grace_Droyce : I bought the game in the store .... I can reinstall using the 2 dvd and then wait for the downloads? or I have to download it completely?

#33 Grace_DRoyce

Grace_DRoyce

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:26 AM

View Postfodemhouse, on 02 September 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

This is how you solve the problem ???? Download client again are you crazy ? So everyday I will have to download 20g ? lol

ofcnot,once you complete to reinstal the whole client if there is no file remaining you will be able to play it
this issue solved like this because there is nothing we can do either fix the client or add manualy 1 remaining file

View Posts6s, on 02 September 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

Thanks :) Grace_Droyce : I bought the game in the store .... I can reinstall using the 2 dvd and then wait for the downloads? or I have to download it completely?

i prefer to delete all failed downloaded client
then its up2u if you want to reinstal using the DVD thats should works fine after update
goodluck :D

Edited by Grace_DRoyce, 03 September 2012 - 03:28 AM.

#34 Mayam7881

Mayam7881

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:21 AM

I went to a comp lab at a place where I volunteer at. Deleted and re-DL'ed the entire game aswell as removing any fragments of graphic drivers and doing a clean install. Came home and got it to work.

Then they update the build. Here we go again, 1 damn file....

This is stupid.

Oh yeah, and Tech Supp will eventually send you a nonsense copy / paste response(mine was on how to delete "fragments" of past gfx drivers and do a clean install) then they will from there on completely ignore you. If it can't be solved among the customer base then sadly, you will be left out in the cold as well.

So, anyone make any head way with this issue?

#35 Grace_DRoyce

Grace_DRoyce

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:16 AM

View PostMayam7881, on 03 September 2012 - 07:21 AM, said:

I went to a comp lab at a place where I volunteer at. Deleted and re-DL'ed the entire game aswell as removing any fragments of graphic drivers and doing a clean install. Came home and got it to work.

Then they update the build. Here we go again, 1 damn file....

This is stupid.

Oh yeah, and Tech Supp will eventually send you a nonsense copy / paste response(mine was on how to delete "fragments" of past gfx drivers and do a clean install) then they will from there on completely ignore you. If it can't be solved among the customer base then sadly, you will be left out in the cold as well.

So, anyone make any head way with this issue?

did u downloaded the latest GW2.exe from their offcial website???
the size around 21mb
if this method still useless then im realy sorry because i solved it since 1 week ago
i prefer u to copy the whole client size 15Gb from your friend comp or HD

Edited by Grace_DRoyce, 03 September 2012 - 08:18 AM.

#36 Mayam7881

Mayam7881

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

The single file "GW2.exe" is available on their website for download?  Could you provide a link?

Yes, I have already downloaded the entire client again a few days ago.  Until they patched it last night it was working fine.  After the patch I'm right back in the same mess I was, staring at 1 file left to go.

#37 Mayam7881

Mayam7881

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:15 PM

View PostMax64, on 06 June 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

The issue here is simple that some of the mirrors are not serving the content correctly. Changing your DNS settings to get a different one is really more work than you need to do. You can just use the assetsrv argument.

E.g launch the game with -assetsrv 173.223.232.138

or the IP of any other Akamai mirror.

I found this in another thread of folks posting about much the same issue.  Posted by a user named Max64.  There is another, longer process that in a round about way seems to accomplish the same by a user named TheSparrowsJourney:

He even made a Youtube vid on it:

The original thread is found here btw:
http://www.guildwars...r/page__st__120

Personally I used the " -assetsrv" method to fix it and it worked instantly.  Best of luck friends.

#38 The Second Queen

The Second Queen

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

Hi guys ! I think i've found the solution !

Use a proxy program to change your ip, it will WORK.
I've already wrote this in another post but let me tell it again :

1. PLAY IT IN FRENCH LANGUAGE
   it solve the problem, cause it download the file/s from another source (it usually works)
   in the game menu you can change the language and set it to english, ( but most feautures      are still in french! );

2. USE A PROXY program!
    it totally solve the problem, there are a lot of program to change temporarily your ip and     connect from another country. However u have alway to use it to download (maybe?) if there are new updates, but it's simple just switch it on then turn it off before play.

Other crazy solutions:
3. copy the .dat image from friends
4. close and delete some anti-virus program like AVG e co...
5. re-download the intire image of the game

I hope i can help you! 'cause all the other solutions on the net are just useless (believe me, I've tried everything!).
CU in game !

#39 Feyyy

Feyyy

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

View PostMayam7881, on 03 September 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

I found this in another thread of folks posting about much the same issue.  Posted by a user named Max64.  There is another, longer process that in a round about way seems to accomplish the same by a user named TheSparrowsJourney:

Personally I used the " -assetsrv" method to fix it and it worked instantly.  Best of luck friends.

Thank you so much, you have no idea how happy I am. I have been unable to play since the head start due to this rotten problem. I literally tried everything humanely possible to fix it. I did try the -assetsrv command before and pointed it to one of the american asset servers but I still had the same problem. But that ip address that max listed works beautifully for me.

I can't thank you and max enough. I tip my hat and monocle to you guys.

#40 Grace_DRoyce

Grace_DRoyce

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:05 AM

View PostMayam7881, on 03 September 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

The single file "GW2.exe" is available on their website for download?  Could you provide a link?

Yes, I have already downloaded the entire client again a few days ago.  Until they patched it last night it was working fine.  After the patch I'm right back in the same mess I was, staring at 1 file left to go.
yea its availabe on their official website you should check it out
please re-read the first post i updated yesterday the way to download GW2.exe
once you can hit "PLAY"
please copy GW2.dat file for backup
i beleive this issue happened because corupted file when we updating the last client

View PostThe Second Queen, on 03 September 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

Hi guys ! I think i've found the solution !

Use a proxy program to change your ip, it will WORK.
I've already wrote this in another post but let me tell it again :

1. PLAY IT IN FRENCH LANGUAGE
   it solve the problem, cause it download the file/s from another source (it usually works)
   in the game menu you can change the language and set it to english, ( but most feautures   are still in french! );

2. USE A PROXY program!
it totally solve the problem, there are a lot of program to change temporarily your ip and connect from another country. However u have alway to use it to download (maybe?) if there are new updates, but it's simple just switch it on then turn it off before play.

Other crazy solutions:
3. copy the .dat image from friends
4. close and delete some anti-virus program like AVG e co...
5. re-download the intire image of the game

I hope i can help you! 'cause all the other solutions on the net are just useless (believe me, I've tried everything!).
CU in game !

nice post i hope we have the same issue
because i was tried to change my IP but it doesnt work

#41 Grace_DRoyce

Grace_DRoyce

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:43 AM

View PostFeyyy, on 03 September 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

Thank you so much, you have no idea how happy I am. I have been unable to play since the head start due to this rotten problem. I literally tried everything humanely possible to fix it. I did try the -assetsrv command before and pointed it to one of the american asset servers but I still had the same problem. But that ip address that max listed works beautifully for me.

congratz welcome to GW2

#42 Grace_DRoyce

Grace_DRoyce

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:49 AM

View PostMayam7881, on 03 September 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

nice post but sry feyyy both issues are diffrent

#43 Mayam7881

Mayam7881

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:22 AM

View PostFeyyy, on 03 September 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

Yeah I hear ya brother.  I think I heard angels singing when I watched the d/l finally complete (and I admit I wept a little when the actual game screen came up ;P).  Either on our IP's end or somewhere in between Anet and the server an issue is developing in the "lines of communication".  God bless Max for finally showing us the way!  :D

Being that my comp was able to communicate through a diff IP I'm leaning towards an issue between our IP and which ever Anet server it defaults to.  Wherever the problem lies I'm just grateful we've found a work around until it gets ironed out.

#44 Mayam7881

Mayam7881

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:06 AM

But then they released a new f$%^ up, I mean build, and guess what.  Can't even get the Log-in screen to load.  It downloads 39KB and then stops at 0.0 with out ever getting so far as the Log-in screen...  Jesus Christ Anet!!!!

#45 Damian Greenthumb

Damian Greenthumb

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:24 AM

View PostMayam7881, on 05 September 2012 - 07:06 AM, said:

But then they released a new f$%^ up, I mean build, and guess what.  Can't even get the Log-in screen to load.  It downloads 39KB and then stops at 0.0 with out ever getting so far as the Log-in screen...  Jesus Christ Anet!!!!

I'm right there with you.  I've been stuck at Downloading 0% for over 36 hours.  Just got a 10mb update. I get patches and updates regualrly but after DL is done, it goes to  Downloading 0%.    Then about 2 mins later comes the Windows Explorer Has Stopped Responding...  

#46 s6s

s6s

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:40 AM

remains one file! :( I hate NCsoft!! Hate ArenaNet!! August 28! I bought the game!! Can not play!!

#47 s6s

s6s

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:48 AM

programmers guild wars 2 are ye bastards!! I sent the first e-mail service!! I had to be answered in 24 hours!! + 10 days that are waiting for you!! anything! total indifference!!

#48 s6s

s6s

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

the only thing they did! deactivate my account to receive the answer to the problem!! :(((((

#49 Taidel

Taidel

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

Posting my fix anywhere and everywhere a thread is not closed:

If you're stuck at 1 file left, 0.0kb/s downloading, and leaving the launcher running for hours does nothing, try this:

In the top-right corner, click one of the flags to change the language (I used German).

The launcher will re-start and (hopefully) begin downloading more. For me, it had some 10,000+ files yet to be downloaded, a few 100mb's of stuff.

Once it's done, switch back to English.

100% done, Play button is clickable.

Hope this works for you too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users