• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Gallilaeo1

Gallilaeo1

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

Can someone help show me a good working condition build. Looking for use in mostly spvp. Seems I must have a few things off.

#2 yooze

yooze

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

Hey,

This is the build I'm currently using and is a pretty standard conditionmancer build, there are some personal preferences for example;
the runes, sigils, the adept and master trait in soul reaping.

http://gw2skills.net...JbTumkNtCZUxMEA

Enjoy and don't be afraid to experiment with it!

note this build doesn't really have an 'oh shit ' , not too defensive except the Last Grasp trait.

#3 sagasaint

sagasaint

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:14 PM

soul reaping in a conditionmancer is a waste of points

#4 yooze

yooze

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

I'm intere

View Postsagasaint, on 26 August 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

I'm interested in seeing your build then...

Note: with the staff losing 10 points in Soul Reaping and then putting them into Death Magic to pick up Greater Marks is pretty powerfull as well.

#5 sagasaint

sagasaint

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

View Postyooze, on 26 August 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

I'm interested in seeing your build then...

Im still working on it
30 curses 20 death (mark increase, staff recharge) 20 blood (mark on dodge, dagger recharge), still debating if 10 in blood could go to SR

scepter/dagger - staff

SR was a good build back then when barbed precission was 100% and eath rune didnt have ICD, a Life Transfer could do some serious area bleeds damage. Nowadays it sucks.

I have almost 200 more toughness and almost 3k hp more than you, which in my experience more than makes up for the survivality lost with a shorter DS.

anyway my point is that DS is all around useless for a conditionmancer. Time spent in DS is time you are NOT spreading conditions. Life Blast scales with power, so it sucks for us. Same as Life Transfer, plus what I commented before. Theres no point in being in DS for prolonged amounts of time.

I use DS #2, and #3 if necessary, and that takes 1 or 2 seconds...if I see Im not being focused I MAY drop a LF and let it tick twice for some more bleeds but thats it.

I dont need, and I shouldnt be in DS more time than that or else Im not doing what Im supposed to do best.

Im rank 12 right now. with my build I just lost one 1v1, and it was against a good engi that managed to pin me down for almost half the fight, and it was a close fight anyway. warriors thiefs and guardians melt in front of me. mesmers rangers and elems can be tricky but I simply outlast them.

I can deal with 2v1 for quite a while, and usually kill one...which unless I got backup is then revived by the other, so its a pyrrhic vicotry, but I'll drop it here anyway.

and in 2v2 is where I shine the most, with a support guardian we are hands down unkillable and can destroy anything in front of us

weak points:
I dont have any worthwhile CC outsides fear which sucks anyway. CC heavy classes like engi will give me a good run for my money
I dont have escape tools, either I outlast my opponent and kill him or I die, there is no middle ground. But thats what my survivality is for.
I dont have swiftness, which is a serious annoyance at times.

Edited by sagasaint, 26 August 2012 - 05:58 PM.

#6 yooze

yooze

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

View Postsagasaint, on 26 August 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

snip

Thanks for the insight will definitely try this out, although I think the Last Grasp and Soul Marks are still pretty good traits.

Edited by yooze, 26 August 2012 - 08:41 PM.

#7 Gallilaeo1

Gallilaeo1

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:25 AM

Im still working on it
30 curses 20 death (mark increase, staff recharge) 20 blood (mark on dodge, dagger recharge), still debating if 10 in blood could go to SR

scepter/dagger - staff

SR was a good build back then when barbed precission was 100% and eath rune didnt have ICD, a Life Transfer could do some serious area bleeds damage. Nowadays it sucks.

I have almost 200 more toughness and almost 3k hp more than you, which in my experience more than makes up for the survivality lost with a shorter DS.

anyway my point is that DS is all around useless for a conditionmancer. Time spent in DS is time you are NOT spreading conditions. Life Blast scales with power, so it sucks for us. Same as Life Transfer, plus what I commented before. Theres no point in being in DS for prolonged amounts of time.

I use DS #2, and #3 if necessary, and that takes 1 or 2 seconds...if I see Im not being focused I MAY drop a LF and let it tick twice for some more bleeds but thats it.

I dont need, and I shouldnt be in DS more time than that or else Im not doing what Im supposed to do best.

Im rank 12 right now. with my build I just lost one 1v1, and it was against a good engi that managed to pin me down for almost half the fight, and it was a close fight anyway. warriors thiefs and guardians melt in front of me. mesmers rangers and elems can be tricky but I simply outlast them.

I can deal with 2v1 for quite a while, and usually kill one...which unless I got backup is then revived by the other, so its a pyrrhic vicotry, but I'll drop it here anyway.

and in 2v2 is where I shine the most, with a support guardian we are hands down unkillable and can destroy anything in front of us

weak points:
I dont have any worthwhile CC outsides fear which sucks anyway. CC heavy classes like engi will give me a good run for my money
I dont have escape tools, either I outlast my opponent and kill him or I die, there is no middle ground. But thats what my survivality is for.
I dont have swiftness, which is a serious annoyance at times.

Mind linking this build? Thieves arent bad but messmers are still being a problem for me.

#8 Gibble

Gibble

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

View Postsagasaint, on 26 August 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

Not at all.

#9 Talari

Talari

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts
  • Guild Tag:[IG]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

Here is a link to the build I use: http://www.gw2build....0.0.30.10.10.20

I would suggest you take 10 points out of Soul Reaping and add it to death magic for the increased size of marks and making them unblockable. The size increase is very useful. Also, try out Spectral Armor over Epidemic. Epidemic is very useful when facing a mesmer, but against many power builds the damage reduction can be very useful. This also gives you a good boost to your life force generation so that you can use it to avoid burst combos.

You do lose out on the stability when entering Death Shroud, but by using spectral armor you will have 2 utility slots that can break key stuns. Just make sure you use it when you have to be out of a stun, and not just anytime you get stunned.

EDIT: added Link. Link is a real build now!

Edited by Talari, 30 August 2012 - 01:58 PM.

#10 Louis8k8

Louis8k8

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BS]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

My build.

http://gw2skills.net...JbTumkNt6YEwMAA

It's a lot more glassy than Soul Reaping. I feel glass cannons are a lot better than a DS build. The problem is how cramped sPvP is. DS may extend your life but people start out-numbering you more and more as a fight goes on and you want to get people knocked down or sent running as soon as possible. It's a lot better to break up and prevent the entire team of 5 from coming together.

I'm a staff-heavier build. So 20 spite, for +20% Condition duration, +10% mark damage, +5% heal, -20% Signet CD and gain life
Then 20 Death Magic for the mark/staff boosts.

I also set runes to + bleed duration on Scepter/dagger, scepter dagger has 3 bleed skills. The staff rune is "when switching to this weapon, next attack inflicts poison". Any mark sets off aoe poison. You aren't supposed to stay on staff for long, drop the 4 marks and go back to scepter/dagger.

Edited by Louis8k8, 29 August 2012 - 07:34 PM.

#11 Ace7777

Ace7777

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:20 PM

So my question is why would you use plague signet instead of spite? One spite gives you dmg off the top and dosent put you into danger two you then have an active to straight dot some one up with a bunch of conditions this to me seamed like the dream for condition mancer ?

#12 yooze

yooze

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

View PostAce7777, on 31 August 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

So my question is why would you use plague signet instead of spite? One spite gives you dmg off the top and dosent put you into danger two you then have an active to straight dot some one up with a bunch of conditions this to me seamed like the dream for condition mancer ?

The cooldown is rather big, also those conditions are ok, but it's only one stack. When you have Plague Signet, you take conditions from your teammates and can send them back to the enemy, this is great for supporting but also saving yourself and putting pressure on someone. Together with the first dagger skill you have some great condition control.

#13 bizaflare

bizaflare

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

I don't get why you guys are using and speccing staff.
For stacking conditions Scepter/Dagger seems better for me and as a switching weapon i wouldnt spec Staff traits. I prefer using a more direct damage weapon as a switching weapon such as dagger or axe for all the times conditions dont work out so good.
What am I missing?

#14 KodiakX

KodiakX

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:58 PM

I use:

http://gw2skills.net...JbTumkNtCZUxMEA

Main usage is the standard condition builders/management under Scepter/Dagger.  Plague Signet is usually swapped in for Spectral Armor usually depends on how things are going.  Same goes with swapping in other corruptions, such as Corrosive Poison Cloud or Blood is Power.

The 20 points in Spite doesn't do much for the duration, lets you stack a few stacks more, but the big thing is the 2 slots.  Reaper's Might makes your Death Shroud auto attack give stacks of might.  As you gain might, your conditions will actually gain damage.  It's not uncommon for me to "blow my load" of DOTs then swap to Death Shroud to power them up.  In addition Chill of Death will cause your next attack on the target under 25% HP to remove 3 boons as well as snare them.  What the 20 points also gives you is a permanent poison if you keep up with your auto attack as well.

Staff is useful for a variety of effects.  For one it's a regen/bleed with Mark of Blood.  Also Chill Blains is a Poison Field that combos with Putrid Mark for Area Weakness.  This is in addtion to the fact that once you've blown your Consume Conditions and Deathly Swarm Putrid Mark can also be used on those pesky melees who then put cripple on you and cripple them instead.  All with a powerful fear on demand.  Greater Marks is amazing cause it lets you get past those unblockable states.  That includes fearing someone who's just sitting there blocking.  Also the 100 toughness synergizes well with the Armor marks.

Blood is self explanatory with the marks on roll for Regeneration/Bleed.

Played around with a lot of tweaks, haven't found better for any element in game for the necro (sPvP, WvW, PvE, etc).  As previously stated I might swap skills out (such as Spectral Grasp in WvW to yank people off walls) but otherwise it's pretty meta.

#15 dafroog

dafroog

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

5% damage when above 90% life force means you wont be in DS long anyway, and i believe the 5% damage bonus doesnt require DS, add to that the 30% crit damage, cc breaker and being harder to kill makes SR pretty good tbh

Edited by dafroog, 03 September 2012 - 03:46 PM.

#16 sagasaint

sagasaint

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

View Postdafroog, on 03 September 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

5% damage when above 90% life force means you wont be in DS long anyway, and i believe the 5% damage bonus doesnt require DS,

doesnt apply to conditions

add to that the 30% crit damage,
ditto, conditions dont crit. useless to a pure conditionmancer
your power stat is going to be poor, the direct damage your going to inflict is laughtable anyway.

cc breaker
you dont need to spec SR to have that

and being harder to kill
not by much, honestly. I barely appreciate it, but I definetly notice the hit to my condition/damage output.
and anyway survivality for the sheer of survivality is overrated

let me explain. I rather live a couple seconds less, but hurt the enemies A LOT MORE the time Im alive, that may win the battle for my team and then get ressed.
in 1v1 what is gonna win me the fight is killing my foe earlier, not being in DS for a few more seconds, seconds where my condition stacking fall drastically low

the only pro to SR is the stability boon, and 30 points for it is OH GOD NOT WORTH IT.
make it 10 and you have a winner

Edited by sagasaint, 03 September 2012 - 04:03 PM.

#17 dafroog

dafroog

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

<p>

View Postsagasaint, on 03 September 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

doesnt apply to conditions
You sure the tooltip says "you do 5% more damage", that reads as all damage types to me as it doesnt specify <p>

ditto, conditions dont crit. useless to a pure conditionmanceryour power stat is going to be poor, the direct damage your going to inflict is laughtable anyway.
I know conditions dont crit but we do direct damage aswell and part of the condition build is based around critting often because of the 66% bleed chance, having your crits do more damage in a build thats based around critting often is a good thing especially due to the lack of power<p>

you dont need to spec SR to have that
3 sec immunity to cc when entering DS can be very handy when in a tight spot<p>

not by much, honestly. I barely appreciate it, but I definetly notice the hit to my condition/damage output.
and anyway survivality for the sheer of survivality is overrated

let me explain. I rather live a couple seconds less, but hurt the enemies A LOT MORE the time Im alive, that may win the battle for my team and then get ressed.
in 1v1 what is gonna win me the fight is killing my foe earlier, not being in DS for a few more seconds, seconds where my condition stacking fall drastically low

the only pro to SR is the stability boon, and 30 points for it is OH GOD NOT WORTH IT.
make it 10 and you have a winner
Thats only the case if the "you do 5% more damage when above 50% life force" is an incorrect tooltip, otherwise 5% extra damage is worth the investment.  Edit: your not thinking its still "grants power per point of life force (up to 100)" are you?

Edited by dafroog, 03 September 2012 - 04:57 PM.

#18 applebeefstew

applebeefstew

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

+damage% doesn't apply to condition damage so it is pretty useless for conditionmancers.

With that said, I went 30 spite, 20 death, and 20 soulreaping. I honestly found the mark on dodge in blood to be rather useless. It only lasts a short duration and its placed at the location where you dodge to. So unless you want to use up a dodge for offensive purposes, I don't see it as adding that much. Not to mention using staff #2 removes that mark (I think).

#19 SupahSpankeh

SupahSpankeh

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

View Postdafroog, on 03 September 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

<p>You sure the tooltip says "you do 5% more damage", that reads as all damage types to me as it doesnt specify <p>I know conditions dont crit but we do direct damage aswell and part of the condition build is based around critting often because of the 66% bleed chance, having your crits do more damage in a build thats based around critting often is a good thing especially due to the lack of power<p>3 sec immunity to cc when entering DS can be very handy when in a tight spot<p>Thats only the case if the "you do 5% more damage when above 50% life force" is an incorrect tooltip, otherwise 5% extra damage is worth the investment.  Edit: your not thinking its still "grants power per point of life force (up to 100)" are you?

Yeesh.

1. He's right, damage buffs which work on % don't increase condition damage, period. It's a crap choice for a conditionmancer.

2. We might be critting a lot but 30% more on the sceptre damage is nothing, and the non-sceptre attacks like staff and life transfer do very little damage before crit due to conditionmancer's lower power.

MY build:

http://gw2skills.net...YkwsqYUxpiXFzKA

I like the golem as it often forces melee characters to kite it while I run away; you may prefer plague. I've found swapping Epidemic for Corrupt Boon is worth it if you're seeing a lot of boon-heavy chaps about, otherwise use it to spread the hurt around.

#20 Dalor

Dalor

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Guild Tag:[XoO]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:57 AM

View PostSupahSpankeh, on 03 September 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

Yeesh.

1. He's right, damage buffs which work on % don't increase condition damage, period. It's a crap choice for a conditionmancer.

2. We might be critting a lot but 30% more on the sceptre damage is nothing, and the non-sceptre attacks like staff and life transfer do very little damage before crit due to conditionmancer's lower power.

MY build:

http://gw2skills.net...YkwsqYUxpiXFzKA

I like the golem as it often forces melee characters to kite it while I run away; you may prefer plague. I've found swapping Epidemic for Corrupt Boon is worth it if you're seeing a lot of boon-heavy chaps about, otherwise use it to spread the hurt around.

The sigils don't stack since they changed what you are allowed to have working together after the last BWE, if you have more than one % on X sigil on c/d none of the others will work across both weapon sets while it is on c/d.

#21 Syl

Syl

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:58 AM

View Postapplebeefstew, on 03 September 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

Not to mention using staff #2 removes that mark (I think).

nope, you can have both on the ground.

#22 Tikal

Tikal

Vanguard Scout

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 258 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:53 AM

I'm also not realy into Soulreaping (except the Last Grasp).

Here is my condition build (corruption):
http://gw2skills.net...mkNtqYUxpiXFzLA

And here are my reasons for going Spite:
http://www.guildwars...e/#entry1876998

NOTE: percentage damage does NOT work on conditions ! (including Strength of the Undead, Target the Weak, Blood to Power, ...)

Edited by Tikal, 04 September 2012 - 10:57 AM.

#23 ridwansameer

ridwansameer

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

View PostTikal, on 04 September 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

I'm also not realy into Soulreaping (except the Last Grasp).

Here is my condition build (corruption):
http://gw2skills.net...mkNtqYUxpiXFzLA

And here are my reasons for going Spite:
http://www.guildwars...e/#entry1876998

NOTE: percentage damage does NOT work on conditions ! (including Strength of the Undead, Target the Weak, Blood to Power, ...)
If you dont mind me asking how do you play that build exactly?
Im talking PvE here though.
from what im guessing you start with #7 blood is power, then #5 enfleebing blood, then #9 Corrupt boon and then #4 followed by #8.. would i be correct in assuming this? :)

#24 Tikal

Tikal

Vanguard Scout

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 258 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:02 AM

View Postridwansameer, on 04 September 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

If you dont mind me asking how do you play that build exactly?
Im talking PvE here though.
from what im guessing you start with #7 blood is power, then #5 enfleebing blood, then #9 Corrupt boon and then #4 followed by #8.. would i be correct in assuming this? :)

This is the PVP forum, so I was talking about PvP. And PvP doesn't have rotations but it's about action/reaction

#25 eternalYouth

eternalYouth

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

ditto, conditions dont crit. useless to a pure conditionmancer

this is only partially true.  condition TICKS don't crit.  our blood conditions and plague conditions each have an initial damage portion that absolutey do crit.  this applies to all spells that have an initial damage portion as well (meaning they all can proc barbed precision), though i did find something odd that gives some weight (but not entirely) to your "useless" comment.  maybe you know something i don't.  i'll explain.

i've done some testing with only steady weapons and the rabid amulet (had to use it.  our base crit chance is 4% and i would have spent all day trying to figure this out), and either i've found a bug or there's a reason for this discovery that i'm not aware of.  crit abilities which proc barbed precision do not apply a full bleed.  the bleeds which come from barbed precision procs only last 1 second.  i find this odd because when the sigil of superior earth procs, you get the initial bleed from the ability plus the procced bleed from the sigil and the sigil's bleed lasts the duration of the initial bleed; meaning that if, say, blood curse procs the sigil, the sigil proc will last just as long as the bleed from blood curse, so you'd have 2 bleeds running at the same time for the same duration and presumably doing double the damage.  this is not the case with barbed precision procs.  both the sigil and barbed precision stack, by the way.

even if barbed precision is working as intented, there is definitely at least some consideration to be giving to crit builds.  do some testing yourself and see how much of a difference even just that one second makes.  it's pretty impressive.

#26 eternalYouth

eternalYouth

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:57 PM

sagasaint, after re-reading your post i think i misunderstood your point.  but you seem knowledgable and if you don't mind i'd like for you to look into what i was talking about.  if you know any reason for my findings, please let us know so we can better understand the seemingly limited usefulness of barbed precision in comparison to the sigil.

#27 sagasaint

sagasaint

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

View PosteternalYouth, on 05 September 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

i've done some testing with only steady weapons and the rabid amulet (had to use it.  our base crit chance is 4% and i would have spent all day trying to figure this out), and either i've found a bug or there's a reason for this discovery that i'm not aware of.  crit abilities which proc barbed precision do not apply a full bleed.  the bleeds which come from barbed precision procs only last 1 second.  i find this odd because when the sigil of superior earth procs, you get the initial bleed from the ability plus the procced bleed from the sigil and the sigil's bleed lasts the duration of the initial bleed; meaning that if, say, blood curse procs the sigil, the sigil proc will last just as long as the bleed from blood curse, so you'd have 2 bleeds running at the same time for the same duration and presumably doing double the damage.  this is not the case with barbed precision procs.  both the sigil and barbed precision stack, by the way.
yep, that was already reported and since no changes happened we have to assume its intentional. barbed precision procs last 1 second.

the funniest part is that some people have run tests and apparently there's some bug in there, and it behaves inconsistently.
with a 1s base duration, one would be inclined to think you would need +100% bleed duration for it to tick twice, right?
well, nope, sometimes with far less than 100% you will get 2s instead of 1s.

Edited by sagasaint, 05 September 2012 - 03:21 PM.

#28 eternalYouth

eternalYouth

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

View Postsagasaint, on 05 September 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

yep, that was already reported and since no changes happened we have to assume its intentional. barbed precision procs last 1 second.

the funniest part is that some people have run tests and apparently there's some bug in there, and it behaves inconsistently.
with a 1s base duration, one would be inclined to think you would need +100% bleed duration for it to tick twice, right?
well, nope, sometimes with far less than 100% you will get 2s instead of 1s.

is there any way to turn on a target's actualy health so we can see the numbers?  this could be answered mathmatically with ease if that were possible.

but what you said does make sense, actually.  during my tests i would hit several targets and compare the relative health to which were crit targets and which were not, and i obviously cannot say for certain, but the crit (barbed precision) targets had roughly double the damage taken.  it's quite possible that anet put in a modifier for that particular ability which scales off of....who knows what?  my guess would be condition duration (the higher your condition duration, the harder the 1 second of barbed precision hits).  that would make the most sense, because i didn't notice any inconsistancies with the actual damage done, rather the duration at which the damage was dealt (so much in so short a time).  it seemed excessive, hence my "impressive" comment.

if you find out anything else, please let me know.

Edited by eternalYouth, 05 September 2012 - 04:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users