• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 stevowj

stevowj

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:59 PM

k so im currently lvl 19 and i have done bgs about 30 times by now. i use sword/pistol and off hand greatsword and i cant solo anyone, idk why i always cast duelist phantasm after that, the greatsword phantasm, and switch and cast another duelist and start to battle close range with sword/pistol and if he starts to run i switch to gs to get him asap. thief and guardian are impossible to take down its just to strong i cant 1vs1 them. so whats your strategy to pwn?

#2 stevowj

stevowj

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

+ i only crit for 1500 i dont go over that. whats up with mesmers?

#3 Oreoloveboss

Oreoloveboss

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

I use sword and focus. Key is hitting them with Blurred Frenzy so all hits land (I usually use stun on them just before BF). I also have the skill to cast 2 illusions instantly, I usually get that off quick, get 1 more out and explode on them, then I use the skill to bring one out that will absorb my damage, and another, then just try to confuse them as to which one I am until I can unload a burst again.

edit: forgot to mention stealth, using it will always distract them and make it hard to figure out which is you.

Edited by Oreoloveboss, 26 August 2012 - 04:36 PM.

#4 Alch

Alch

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

watch team paradigm mesmer videos, they on youtube

#5 Xalted

Xalted

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MAD]
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:57 AM

For PVE I generally open up with some illusions/ phantasms and some conditions if I can then switch to staff and finish them off with chaos armor etc.

#6 LavaSquid

LavaSquid

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 452 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[----]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:44 AM

you are using sword/pistol and greatsword hmm. Lack of conditions and boons, I guess?

I always bring a staff xD

#7 Isabel Carver

Isabel Carver

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Hero]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:51 AM

I did my first arena match today after doing WvW for a few hours.    I use Greatsword and Scepter/Focus.  I also slot Decoy.  Decoy is my best friend.  In WvW I hardly ever die.  I can almost always get away with judicious use of Decoy and our timey wimey line thing.  (I'm horrible with names of things.)  When i'm not getting away I can handle two enemies on me at once without breaking a sweat and in WvW I can solo Veteran NPCs, no problem.

I only did one Arena match, but I scored 105 points, was top defender, and I never died.

I'm loving being a Mesmer.

#8 Garethh

Garethh

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1468 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

i use the same weapon setup with the power/crit/crit dmg amulet, runes of dwayna? [regen proc on heal] , the mantra of healing, mantra of {removes conditions], mantra of daze and blink.

I can usually manage to solo most people if i manage the invulns, dazes and kiting well enough :)
It took a while but thieves slowly became less and loss of a problem, mainly because of mantra of distraction.  The instant 1s daze just completely *s up their heartseeker spam.  The best honestly though is hundred blades/frenzy specced warriors, its hilarious to see them sitting there freaking out as there omni spike mysterously fails....

When it comes to dmg I specced into all dps with the traits except 'remove a condition on heal' and 'heal nearby allies on mantra'.

Its fantastic self healing, honestly the best ive seen short of a meditation guardian.  The dmg is also solid, the phantasmal berserker has broken 4k on very rare occasions, usually hits for 2.5k~ though and 3~ bleed stacks.  The actual attacks with the weapons don't hit that hard... with greatsword im usually averaging 300~ a tick with the spammable and 700~ with the sword throw.

The swords immobilize takes some getting used to but when you do it is so gravy... you just throw down your phantasms, pop that then the blurred frenzy and shatter a few clones if you really wanna frontload your numbers... such good deeps, lol.

That and stun locking... with mantra of distraction, the immobilize and pistol you can shut down a guy for 6~ seconds, more if you feel like shattering for dazes too... works phenominally if there is any decent dps around.  Fair enough to say the specs been doing allot of work for me ;D

I found a builder and just punched all the stuff in there if you want a more organized look at it.
http://gw2skills.net...vZRwggDBbQeEMJA

Oh and as a sidenote i was going to switch out the runes for the ones that give swiftness on heal, permanent swiftness seems like it could be a lil more usefull than the regen, i jsut never got around to it, lol.

Edited by Garethh, 28 August 2012 - 10:27 AM.

#9 Garethh

Garethh

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1468 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

View PostIsabel Carver, on 28 August 2012 - 04:51 AM, said:

I only did one Arena match, but I scored 105 points, was top defender, and I never died.

Not dying is the easy part ;D
My first few specs just revolved around that to get the hange of the class then i kind of branched away from it to something a bit more well rounded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users