• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

HELP! : Connection error(s) detected. Retrying..

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Xosite

Xosite

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:32 AM

I have been yanking at my hair for 3 days now trying to resolve this on going error.

Im running windows 7 64bit with Bitdefender internet Security 2012
linksys router and modem. i have over 100G's left on my hard drive

I have been getting this error for 2 days now, i have a support ticket thats ongoing with ncsoft, but i dont think ill hear from them in a long while.  I have tried to delete and start fresh but i get an error with the Installation download "Download Fail! please check your internet connection and try again."

I have port forwarded all the gw2 ports. have tried re-installing, running gw2 as -repair, running gw2 as -image.

im stumped.

Please HELP!

thank you very much.

#2 revlock

revlock

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

I'm having a similar problem, only started today though. Started up GW2 this morning and it just sticks on the Downloading screen and doesn't go to the login screen. there no error messages it just sits there.
I seem to have found the problem, looks like where I am (Manchester, UK) we're having major internet problems. I'm unable to access lots of sites, Apple.com, Facebook, Netflix, and onter online games, WoW, Diablo3, Star Trek Online are also unavailable.

#3 Xosite

Xosite

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

Was playing all threw beta, as soon as it went live i have been getting this problem.. Payed for head start and beta access, so far no head start. Been getting these errors since launch. Haven't even got to go in and make a character.   I have had absolutely no problem getting into other sites and playing other games.

#4 Xosite

Xosite

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:34 AM

bump please help anyone.

Thank you

#5 Ahrmaon

Ahrmaon

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

The same thing is happening to me i haven't been able to get into the game at all during the head start please help! :(

Edited by Ahrmaon, 28 August 2012 - 03:39 PM.

#6 meesterg

meesterg

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

I just played for 4 hours and after it the game crashed and now i cant login anymore.

It says that it might be router troubles etc but i didnt had any trouble or changed anything :s . Are this server problems?

#7 Oxram Ironbrow

Oxram Ironbrow

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

FFS bump been 2days trying to get a fix on this.

#8 Ahrmaon

Ahrmaon

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

I finally figure out whats wrong for me. My firewall was blocking it even though it said it was going to allow the game. Try turning off your firewall and trying that especially if you are using AVG 2012 and not the free version.

#9 Tenebrae

Tenebrae

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

Soz for the Necromancy on this post (sort of) but im experiencing problems with the launcher only, it gives the Connection error, retry and cant download updates so i cant play. Right now im behind many layers of my company firewall.

Did try to force to clientport 80 on a Gw.exe shortcut but still fails, is it possible to download a diff exe to ONLY patch or download the content updated via web or somethin ?

#10 AzureSky

AzureSky

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

Im pretty sure I posted this before but, the fix for this thats worked for everybody I have told to try it is: Run CCleaner on your system.

ccleaner seems to remove borked temp files or something...not sure but it works for many games when you have issues, well worth keeping installed and updated(its free)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users