• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 KryzekPeacebringer

KryzekPeacebringer

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:16 AM

When you start a party in this game if you leave an instance or join an instance it doesn't put you in the same instance/server/district.

So you essentially can't party!

Theres no way to get to anyone in your party either, no way to teleport, nothin.

What the fuqqq anet.????

What the fuuuuuuqqq

#2 Feanor

Feanor

Fahrar Cub

• Banned
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

Ya, I got put in the overflow and he got put in the main game.  What the fuqqqq?  Then when I hit "join in queensdale" i didnt fuqqin move.  da fuqqqqq?

#3 AngryTom

AngryTom

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SHD]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

I've been partying all weekend Brahs.
Submit a bug report, doubtless they are aware and fixing things.

Edited by AngryTom, 27 August 2012 - 08:17 AM.

#4 Domynic

Domynic

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:37 AM

You just wait... Forever.

Sucks to be you if you're trying to group in some place like Queensdale though.

#5 Hopus

Hopus

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:42 AM

This is same problem they had in BWE1 and it was fixed by BWE2. I still can't believe it exists.
Solution I found for this problem is - go to portal, for example, city portal to lvl 1-15 map, and both jump thru the portal at the same time. You should load in in the same Overflow, if it doesn't work with first try, repeat. Once you get in a same Overflow, don't "travel" to "main server" when it offers it to you. At least I didn't take that risk.

Tho, I am really disappointed with this bug. Even if you manage to get in a same overflow, you can't see each other in the same if you are not "in sight" of each other.

Hope it helps.

#6 JunoGuts

JunoGuts

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

If you get to another overflow server all you have to do is right click on your friend and select "Join in".
You will automatically join your friend at the same overflow server

#7 Matt_Night

Matt_Night

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HHG]
  • Server:Blacktide

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:48 AM

it's also quite disappoiniting that being in a group doesnt give any benefits towards XP or event/rep progress - actually I think I spend more time looking for my teammates (as they dont really show on map?!?) then i save by teaming up with them, so i end up playing solo - in this shape party feature is useless.

#8 Joandir

Joandir

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MC]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

The party mechanichs should be improved. In the BWE at least you could follow the party members in theyr storyline quests.

#9 Squishy FTW

Squishy FTW

Asuran Acolyte

• Moderators
  • 132 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BONE]
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

This is a very annoying bug alright. It's in the known buglist though so I'm sure it'll be fixed asap.

#10 KryzekPeacebringer

KryzekPeacebringer

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

Come on, how is it a known bug that you can't freakin party in a MMORPG?

As it stands right now I have to wait like 15-30 minutes to be able to join a friends group, and if we leave the instance it happens all over again....

It ruins the PvE gameplay for me having to solo 100% of the time.

When you are in a group, you can right click their name and click "join whatever" but it doesn't actually do something.

This is a pretty big bug, plz fix

#11 kolegam

kolegam

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:23 AM

This weekend I played whit friend and we founded a way to put us in the same server.
u and your friend just do restart to character selection and both log in, and one of the friend press on party window " join in XXX", and here u go u are in the same server, if it didn't happens in first time just do it again.
This bug happens if your friend are in overcrowded server and u cant join to him, because it is full.

#12 Axxis

Axxis

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

I really hope they fix this asap, it's is my only "problem" with the game at the moment.

#13 KryzekPeacebringer

KryzekPeacebringer

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

I just don't understand how the whole queue system works.

So I don't want to join the main queue (because I'm in a group doing some events) and every 2 minutes a screen pops up telling me I can travel to the queue, or re-enter. Those are my only options. and since I'm currently doing something I click re-enter queue (or it will teleport me away from my group and yeah)

So every 2 minutes I get harassed by a neverending pop-up that tells me to re-enter the queue, over and over again, for nothing? I don't understand the point of this all....  The grouping system is so messed up you are basically forced to play solo or jump through a million hoops. and then I get harassed by some damn queue message! What the heck!?

#14 auxili

auxili

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:12 AM

Press "Join in Queensdale"

Nothing happen.
Press it again.
Nothing happens.

It's bugged and broken. The fact that it automatically doesn't put you in the same phase or whatnot as your party members is plain stupid.
Me and a party member went to a new area, but we got put in different overflow servers. so we had to spend ten minutes trying to get into the same overflow again. As 'join in ___' wasn't working.
Plain stupid imo.

#15 LumenLazrin

LumenLazrin

Vanguard Scout

• Banned
  • 233 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:15 AM

they've made some poor infrastructure design decisions, and even the game design suggests you should play only with those around you, not hte poeple and friends you already know and have

this will be what breaks the game

View Postauxili, on 27 August 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

Press "Join in Queensdale"

Nothing happen.
Press it again.
Nothing happens.

It's bugged and broken. The fact that it automatically doesn't put you in the same phase or whatnot as your party members is plain stupid.
Me and a party member went to a new area, but we got put in different overflow servers. so we had to spend ten minutes trying to get into the same overflow again. As 'join in ___' wasn't working.
Plain stupid imo.

yup, instesad of "i swung a sword, i swung it again, hey great i swung it again" now it's "join party, i joined it again and hey great i joined it again"

VERY poor design decision

#16 Teste

Teste

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1762 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:24 AM

Jump to a more empty server (free transfers for now) so overflow won't be so common, and stay in the real servers

#17 Lumm

Lumm

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

The UI and functionality for grouping when ending up in different instances is the single worst feature of the game. ANet needs to fix that.

#18 oddish

oddish

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SP]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:08 PM

They really should just implement what they did in guildwars1 with servers.  But somehow incorporate the overflow servers. If this isn't fixed by the 'official' launch, the launch of this game will be considered a horrific fail.

#19 KonekoKisses

KonekoKisses

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HDB]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

Me and a friend found a temporary fix. Make sure you're in same map, one of you log out and back in again. Click join other member. Works like a charm..until you leave the area of course. Rinse and repeat. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: group

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users