#1 Ubung

Ubung

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Brtl]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

Hi people, just had some issues in game with my friends and I thought id come and suggest and idea to fix it here, and to get an idea of its validity.

Larger party (group) sizes. Up to a max of say 40 just as an example although if there are people who want larger thats fine. This is so people with larger groups of friends can play together.

Benefits

This would would allow you to group up and share conversations with more friends.
This would allow you to organise your guild members or large group of friends during a elite meta DE.
The ability to see your guild or large group of friends on the map as a dot.
This would allow you to all enter the same overflow (instance) when travelling around the world.

Disadvantages

None that I can see, although if anyone has something to add to this area I will post it here.

I know you dont need groups to fulfill the DE's however it would make it a lot easier to keep track of your guild mates as you can see their dot on the map. Also the ability to stay with your group while you travel through the world.

Thanks

Mainpost edited for clarity.

EDIT1(after input from Roachsrealm):

Another possibility for this would be to integrate the above into the guild system by adding guild members to your map as a dot and adding the "right click to join" function from group members onto guild members.

However this would take the feature away from large groups who arnt guild mates.

Edited by Ubung, 28 August 2012 - 11:12 PM.

#2 River_Shinga

River_Shinga

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

Scaling dungeons to suit 40 people is quite a feat.

Why not, instead, suggest that you can see guildies on the map?  Also, are custom chat channels in the game that you could use?

#3 Ubung

Ubung

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

View PostRiver_Shinga, on 27 August 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

Scaling dungeons to suit 40 people is quite a feat.

Why not, instead, suggest that you can see guildies on the map?  Also, are custom chat channels in the game that you could use?

Doesnt have to scale a dungeon. Im not talking about increasing the dungeon size. That is a matter for another topic.

All im saying is increase the size of the party. If you try to go into a dungeon with a party over five it could just not let you in with a message telling you to reduce your party size to 5.

Guildies on the map would solve the problem mostly except for the fact that the only way to join someone elses overflow instance or server instance is to be in their party. This part is very important  to me as you want to be able to be join the same place as your friends.

#4 Moda_Tyr

Moda_Tyr

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:17 PM

Can't you just make a custom channel?

#5 sonicwhip

sonicwhip

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

is it possible to use the squad system in pve?

#6 Ubung

Ubung

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:12 PM

View PostModa_Tyr, on 27 August 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

Can't you just make a custom channel?

The major benfit is not chatting. Thats just a bonus and replaced by TS anyway. The main benefit is to allow groups of friends / guildies with more than 5 members to see each other on the map and to be able to join the same overflow instance so we stay together.

View Postsonicwhip, on 27 August 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

is it possible to use the squad system in pve?

No unfortunately not. This could also work although I think they allow anyone to join that group which may have to be tweaked for PVE so you can get all you guild mates in the group.

#7 roachsrealm

roachsrealm

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GOTH]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

its called a guild.  it already has a dedicated chat channel.

You can right click on any name in the guild menu and invite to party
if they are on different servers, you can right click on their name and join in their particular server.

(I am aware these features are buggy atm, but it's launch, come on)

what would this 40 member party limit give you that the guild roster already doesn't?

#8 Ubung

Ubung

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

View Postroachsrealm, on 28 August 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

its called a guild.  it already has a dedicated chat channel.

You can right click on any name in the guild menu and invite to party
if they are on different servers, you can right click on their name and join in their particular server.

(I am aware these features are buggy atm, but it's launch, come on)

what would this 40 member party limit give you that the guild roster already doesn't?

Two things you didnt mention that I did in my op.

1) The ability to see other guild members as a dot on your map screen.
2) The ability to right click on a guild members name and join their overflow instance.

#9 roachsrealm

roachsrealm

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GOTH]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

View PostUbung, on 28 August 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

Two things you didnt mention that I did in my op.

1) The ability to see other guild members as a dot on your map screen.
2) The ability to right click on a guild members name and join their overflow instance.

ah.  That would make things easier for grouping / running around with your guild, but I don't see the point of getting the party system involved.  Just integrate these features directly into what makes up a guild.

the party system should be kept separate, if nothing else not to alienate people not in guilds.

#10 Ubung

Ubung

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:07 PM

View Postroachsrealm, on 28 August 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

ah.  That would make things easier for grouping / running around with your guild, but I don't see the point of getting the party system involved.  Just integrate these features directly into what makes up a guild.

the party system should be kept separate, if nothing else not to alienate people not in guilds.

I dont really see how the option to form larger groups would alienate people not in guilds, it could even benefit those not in a guild but who have a large group of friends and wants to level with them. However what you proposed would be fine. Im happy either way as long as it covers the two points i mentioned.

#11 viper11025

viper11025

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:06 AM

go back to 7 peeps like gw1!

#12 Stormx

Stormx

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:42 AM

I thought 8 was just the right size, dont know why they had to change it...

#13 Ubung

Ubung

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:24 AM

View Postviper11025, on 29 August 2012 - 08:06 AM, said:

go back to 7 peeps like gw1!

View PostStormx, on 05 September 2012 - 05:42 AM, said:

I thought 8 was just the right size, dont know why they had to change it...

If you guys are talking about dungeon sizes then I agree but this post is mostly just about making it easier for larger groups of friends / guilds to coordinate better. All it requires is an increase of the party cap allowing up to 40 people to be added to a group.

#14 nwc_meridian

nwc_meridian

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

Having Blue Dots for Guild Members would be of enormous benefit for my group.  We have played together through GW1 and now GW2 but since there are 6 of us, we now find our team split if we are all on at once.  We use TS or Skype but when clearing an area as a group we find it difficult to keep track of every member.  This is especially true in an event.  With loads of other players names on the screen it's impossible to differentiate my group from the biomass.

We would prefer to have the party size scaled to 8 like it was in GW1.  This would accommodate my whole team and a possible 'visitor' and would let us all participate in each others personal stories.  But at least being able to SEE where my group of 6 is on the map at one glance would be a definite step in the right direction.  I'd even use Guild Influence to increase the Party Cap if necessary.

Meridian

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: party, size, group, party size

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users